Paco Alcácer

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For a bit more you could perhaps snatch Lacazette from Lyon.

Would be too much even if I like Alcacer. He'll come as a 4th choice right now, even though he got the potential to be much more than that IMO. But not before 3 years or so.

gregorrin10

40m wtf.

Too much.

50M isn't too much for a 22-year old already Spanish national and one of nation's brightest #9 prospects. Especially when you consider today's market, where a 29-year old bottler Higuain is 'worth' almost twice as much. Stop being ridicilous please. And it's not like it's our money being spent. We just want the best possible players in a given situation and like many already said, Paco is probably better than all of our other previously linked targets this summer combined, he'd be a major investment, like all of our buys this summer really. ;) Robert is 'the man'! :worthy: :robert:

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's a popular player among the Spanish contingent and a youth star on the NT level. For awhile he had a real David Villa look about him but he's suffered setbacks both personal & professional. I haven't watched him closely in awhile but there was a time I would've loved to have seen him at Barcelona, like most Spanish attacking players he has a versatile game

DonAK

50M isn't too much for a 22-year old already Spanish national and one of nation's brightest #9 prospects. Especially when you consider today's market, where a 29-year old bottler Higuain is 'worth' almost twice as much. Stop being ridicilous please. And it's not like it's our money being spent. ;)

Oh...My money is not being used?

Let's sign him for 80m then if they demand it. :w000t: Not my money :coffee:

It's not being ridiculous. For 50m you can get someone better right now in Lacazette who would be more than a back-up now and is more versatile. And while the market is really inflated, it doesn't matter, especially Higuain.

We signed someone like Umtiti for 25m in the same market. You don't go crazy for the sake of it just because other teams did.

Anyway, these are just rumors for now. Let's see what happens....

Devils

40 million for a back-up player would be insane.

There's no way that can be legit, we wouldn't spend that much.

I think if we do get him, it would be for 25-30 million max.

DonAK

Translation?

Barca have turned their attention to Alcacer as their primary target to complete the attack.

The negotiations are advanced, but nothing will be announced until next week. He got a buyout of 80m, but the cost of the transfer will be around 35-40m + variables, like the Andre Gomes signing.

Valencia are in need of selling two players to meet the financial fairplay requirements. Munir could go the other way. Good relations between Robert and his Valencian compatriot, Garcia Pitarch.

Etc.....stats, trivia etc.....

gregorrin10

Oh...My money is not being used?

Let's sign him for 80m then if they demand it. :w000t: Not my money :coffee:

It's not being ridiculous. For 50m you can get someone better right now in Lacazette who would be more than a back-up now and is more versatile. And while the market is really inflated, it doesn't matter, especially Higuain.

We signed someone like Umtiti for 25m in the same market. You don't go crazy for the sake of it just because other teams did.

Anyway, these are just rumors for now. Let's see what happens....

But the problem is, that Lacazette is 25 now already, slowly coming into his 'best footballing years' and since we know if not for injuries, that practically no one who comes will be able to play regular first 11 in our attack at least not until Suarez is still capable of, I can understand Lacazette, that he's not willing to spend the majority of his late 20s as a super-sub. While Paco is younger and can play semi-regularly and still develop into world class along the way for the next 3-4 years. More importantly, is reportedly also willing to!? And when he'll be actually the same age that Lacazette is now, Suarez's spot will be on for grabs by then more or less.

Not to be misunderstood, i think Lacazette is 'the bomb' and would absolutely love him here, but since he's not ready to accept the none-starting spot in the team, it's kinda pointless to be thinking about it anyway. But yeah, it's also kind of pointless to be talking about this too much, it's a waiting game first to see if we can actually pull this off first.

Last edited:

xXKonan

img_dsalvador_20160813-010306_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_13.jpg

Paco on Sport and MD's covers.

Home of Barca Fans