Paco Alcácer

Co0ter

Turning 23 in a few weeks, Gomes turned 23 shortly after signing too.

He can't really play on the wings so he'll mostly be a Suarez sub, very limited option. His scoring record leaves a lot to be desired too...he's 23, not that young anymore.

30mil is a lot for a player that is barely better than Munir and supposed to be a back up. I think people are mostly excited because he's Spanish and young. At least it's not Vietto I guess.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Turning 23 in a few weeks, Gomes turned 23 shortly after signing too.

He can't really play on the wings so he'll mostly be a Suarez sub, very limited option. His scoring record leaves a lot to be desired too...he's 23, not that young anymore.

30mil is a lot for a player that is barely better than Munir and supposed to be a back up. I think people are mostly excited because he's Spanish and young. At least it's not Vietto I guess.

Who will be a better option though?

And he isn't just barely better than Munir. He's clearly better(as of now) and Spain's best #9 prospect by far.

serghei

I hope Lucho can convince the MSN to be rotated. Some of the players we have need minutes. You won't have a great squad if you don't give minutes to everybody. If Paco comes, he can't be a bench warmer, he is too good for that.

serghei

None of this makes sense for Paco or Valencia, so naturally I love it.

Still find it hard to believe, though.

Me too. Doesn't make much sense. We get the better out of this deal, not Valencia and not Paco. I can't imagine him benching Suarez. Maybe 3-4 years down the line, when he is 26-27 he could take over as a starter. Maybe that's the plan, I don't know.

Still, it's a strange move if it happens.

Tomchin

So Soler apparently wasn't lying 1 week ago (after Vietto had signed for Sevilla), when he said that we'd sign a 22y old forward ;) Quite impressive.

opjeoff

Me too. Doesn't make much sense. We get the better out of this deal, not Valencia and not Paco. I can't imagine him benching Suarez. Maybe 3-4 years down the line, when he is 26-27 he could take over as a starter. Maybe that's the plan, I don't know.

Still, it's a strange move if it happens.

I think that he sees a sinking ship in Valencia. They finished 12th last year, most of thier players want to leave because of that. We came calling and Paco, thought being at Barca is the best option for him. Also he is better than all the players we've been linked with, he will get more minutes because its easier to rest Suarez against a top class team if you have Paco than it is if you have Munir. I honestly think he can play 35+ games here.

As for his quality, he has been Valencia's top goalscorer for 3 seasons running and hes only 22. I rate him higher than even Morataif someone had told me earlier this window we would buy Denis , Umtiti , Digne , Gomes and Alcacer for the same price Utd would buy Pogba, I would have laughed at them. Really great window. Somebody give Robert a cookie.

serghei

Also he is better than all the players we've been linked with, he will get more minutes because its easier to rest Suarez against a top class team if you have Paco than it is if you have Munir. I honestly think he can play 35+ games here.

There's no way he plays 35+ games without Suarez getting upset.

opjeoff

There's no way he plays 35+ games without Suarez getting upset.

He'll be a direct replacement for MSN. Apparently Munir going out on loan to gain more game time. He'll be our only forward replacement. Across 60+ games we normally have, I think he can do it. Mostly substitutions but whenever we have 3 games in a week, wouldn't be surprised if he started one of those games.

anguy

He can also be an indirect backup for Neymar. Of course he can't play on LW, but Suarez can (and he is quite good there). So if Neymar needs to be rested Suarez moves to LW and Paco to 9. Paco can play more minutes than Munir/Sandro did last year that way.

Home of Barca Fans