Paco Alcácer

Yannik

I want to play like Dortmund so bad, we have been boring last 3 seasons, get Paco back and start actually trying to score instead of this Mourinho football.

Dortmund is extremely weird this season because they always play shit the first 60 minutes but then suddenly score 4 goals in the remaining 30 and completely play their opposition off the ballpark. But they need to dominate whole games again, because at some point their luck will run out.

Last edited:

Saladin

WTF.

Before today's game, Paco had 3 goals to his name in only 52 minutes of playing time. Gets subbed in minute 59. Scores in '62,' 80 and '90+6.

6 goals now as Bundesliga topscorer in roughly 90 minutes played and zero games as a starter.

Insanity.

PS. Better than Munir by a long shot, but still not good enough for Barca for reasons too complex to explain in this post, but really happy for him and wish him continued success in Dortmund.

gasgas

WTF.

Before today's game, Paco had 3 goals to his name in only 52 minutes of playing time. Gets subbed in minute 59. Scores in '62,' 80 and '90+6.

6 goals now as Bundesliga topscorer in roughly 90 minutes played and zero games as a starter.

Insanity.

PS. Better than Munir by a long shot, but still not good enough for Barca for reasons too complex to explain in this post, but really happy for him and wish him continued success in Dortmund.

why isn't he a starter yet?

Yannik

why isn't he a starter yet?

he had some fitness issues when he arrived and they're working on it. Apparently he can't yet play 2 full games in a row with a game during midweek. They're slowly building him up but he'll be a starter in no time when those issues are resolved.

Barcilliant

The fact is our style is soooo slow at the moment that even some ex legends of ours would struggle with this side and manager. Guys like Eto, Larsen and Gudjonsen would struggle today.

Paco is a good player who needs to play in a quick direct team. Very happy for the guy. Hope he has a great career there.

Neymessi

I hope we don't indulge in revisionism just because of paco's form at dortmund. He never was anywhere near this good and slow buildup play and different styles isn't the reason as he was a striker who just had to convert a chance and he was bad at them in general.

That being said if he continues like this for the whole season and dortmund are stupid enough to not buy him for 28m, I would gladly gamble with him starting ahead of suarez next season.

Horatio

You're welcome
^
True, apart from the whole what-style-suits-him-better he was in awful form since he wasted a lot of easy chances. Probably psychological pressure.

Cebela

Winning every single game? Nah I would stay

ok let me make this clear..how many trophies did Dortmund win since you've been Barca fan? Do you understand what am I sayingg?? you are talking about playing like Dortmund..they are wining now yes, but i really doubt their result would satisfy our expectations for Barca...be real..dont be a dumbass

Yannik

ok let me make this clear..how many trophies did Dortmund win since you've been Barca fan? Do you understand what am I sayingg?? you are talking about playing like Dortmund..they are wining now yes, but i really doubt their result would satisfy our expectations for Barca...be real..dont be a dumbass

tbf, you have way better players than Dortmund. Besides Reus I don't see anyone there near your starting eleven. so it's not necessarily the tactic making the difference. Besides I think he is talking about Dortmund under Favre right now.

Home of Barca Fans