Ousmane Dembélé

Afromaticz

The fact that you said dembele who is a player we spent over 90 million in would have only gotten 20 goals in all competition makes me even mor angry that he is at Barca. Rashford is a player who playing in a much worse team than dembele and yet his stats are similar to dumbele own.

Neymar got 15 in his first season while playin in a much better team than Dembele you see what i did you sound stupid.

Acnologia

Neymar got 15 in his first season while playin in a much better team than Dembele you see what i did you sound stupid.

But Neymar in his first season was adapting to europe and suffered more injuries than Dembele. Neymar in his first season was way better than Dembele. Dembele last sesaon had 22 goals+assists whole neymar had 27 gaisl+assists including scoring a hattrick in champions league. Explain why the 2013/2014 was better than our current team because apart from Martinez being a better coach, I cant see it

Calidad

Dembele has been at Barca for two seasons and has regressed massively. If you think that we should have a player who will turn 23 next season and has been a massive flop at this club, you are crazy. Dembele stats srent even better than Gnabry ot Rashford

NO player has improved under Valverde. It’s Messi or nothing.

He’s had two seasons blighted by injury under a crap coach. Why do you think you are fans on other forums begging their clubs to sign him? Why do you think Tuchel is desperate to work with him again? Why do Bayern, Liverpool + PSG want him?

It’s utterly moronic to want a player like him out of the club because he’s inconsistent at 22. Name me a winger his wage who is consistent?

Tell me which players have developed under Valverde?

Suarez scored one goal in CL this year - was it two the year before? And he’s our CF and experienced as they come. Yet you’re focusing your vitriol on an inexperienced winger still adapting under a manager who has done little to help him.

Calidad

But Neymar in his first season was adapting to europe and suffered more injuries than Dembele. Neymar in his first season was way better than Dembele. Dembele last sesaon had 22 goals+assists whole neymar had 27 gaisl+assists including scoring a hattrick in champions league. Explain why the 2013/2014 was better than our current team because apart from Martinez being a better coach, I cant see it

Neymar is arguably the best winger in the world - if you do not identify Messi as a winger.

If he is your benchmark, then you set yourself up for disappointment. I remember plenty bemoaning his performances here too, particularly in his early seasons - and Neymar for his age was about as polished as it gets.

Acnologia

NO player has improved under Valverde. It’s Messi or nothing.

He’s had two seasons blighted by injury under a crap coach. Why do you think you are fans on other forums begging their clubs to sign him? Why do you think Tuchel is desperate to work with him again? Why do Bayern, Liverpool + PSG want him?

It’s utterly moronic to want a player like him out of the club because he’s inconsistent at 22. Name me a winger his wage who is consistent?

Tell me which players have developed under Valverde?

Suarez scored one goal in CL this year - was it two the year before? And he’s our CF and experienced as they come. Yet you’re focusing your vitriol on an inexperienced winger still adapting under a manager who has done little to help him.

Alba improved massively since Valverde has been here. Rakitic improved from his 2016/2017 season and Busquets improved in 2017/2018. Sancho, Sane and Gnabry is more consistent than dembele

Acnologia

Neymar is arguably the best winger in the world - if you do not identify Messi as a winger.

If he is your benchmark, then you set yourself up for disappointment. I remember plenty bemoaning his performances here too, particularly in his early seasons - and Neymar for his age was about as polished as it gets.

Neymar only had a bad season in 2013/2014 and even then he was still miles better than dembele. Also, he was the one who used neymar

Acnologia

Dude you're obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer so there's no point in goin back n forth with u anymore im sure u got more threads to spam with your nonsense so have a good day

But it is dumb tho. I am the one who is saying Rashford is performing better than Dembele even tho is playing in a much worst team and then you are using neymar when he performed better than dembele while playing in a team that is much worse than the curent barcelona team. That just doesnt make any sense at all. Dembele is even playing a La Liga which is much worse in quality than in 2013/2014. Neymar played against a much better Real Madrid and Atletico teams

Last edited:

Acnologia

Dude you're obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer so there's no point in goin back n forth with u anymore im sure u got more threads to spam with your nonsense so have a good day

You realize that you cant win that is why you are using insults. Poor you :lol:

BBZ8800

Good mentality has to do with intelligence too though, you can't disregard that aspect. I mean just look at Neymar. Do his actions and antics suggest he's a smart person? Him, Ronaldo, Messi had/have all kinds of troubles with the law which smarter people would have avoided. They still possess genius football intelligence obviously. Extreme cases like Balotelli who all but pissed his career away by now, or that Kaepernick idiot in the NFL go to show that intelligence can very well affect your career.
Dembele had some issues with professional mentality too (according to some reports), and that might have been affecting his performance, if only indirectly (e.g. he's tired at training from playing fifa with his friends all night). So you really have to be a lil more specific what kind of intelligence is meant in these discussions as contrary to what you claim, both are important for a football player.

Even in a football intelligence alone.
Neymar is not a smartest guy, but his intelligence is let's say 5/10.

Xavi 10/10
Neymar 5/10
Dembele 2/10

For me, Dembele is in the lowest tier of IQ with Alexis, Fabio Rochemback, Adama, Halilovic.

While Messi and Neymar are not Einstein's, they are miles infront of a one trick-pace and a fake shot pony-Dembele.

Professionalism: again the lowest tier.
Laziness, the same.

I won't even mention a too shy personality for a key attacking position which requires some cockiness, bravery, self confidence and a will/spark to provoke and beat the opponents with the ball over and over for 90 minutes.

Too many things are working against him.

Last edited:

Laplacian

It's just laughable watching people comparing Dembele to Neymar,

[youtube]93Va6TZhmDQ[/youtube]

Neymar's a technical prodigy. This goal showed all the required skills necessary to succeed at Barcelona. Quick thinking short passing, comfortable in tight areas, excellent close control, excellent dribbling, vision, and technique. Neymar excels at all of this.

[youtube]DedFb25ThgY[/youtube]

If you think Dembele can reach this level of composure in his passing and technique within a year or two (Neymar was 23 in the video), then your optimism is justified. If you think Dembele has shown the pre-requisites (inherent ability) to reach half this level of passing and movement, then your optimism is justified. I think he lacks the inherent ability to even reach half of Neymar's intelligence and technique on and off the ball.

He's slow with his decision making, off the ball movement, and his passing in short spaces lacks precision.

These are things you can't really show with stats. Once again, use your eye and use stats to complement and substantiate your argument. Don't just blindly look at stats and use that to judge a player.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Even in a football intelligence alone.
Neymar is not a smartest guy, but his intelligence is let's say 5/10.

Xavi 10/10
Neymar 5/10
Dembele 2/10

For me, Dembele is in the lowest tier of IQ with Alexis, Fabio Rochemback, Adama, Halilovic.

While Messi and Neymar are not Einstein's, they are miles infront of a one trick-pace and a fake shot pony-Dembele.

Professionalism: again the lowest tier.
Laziness, the same.

I won't even mention a too shy personality for a key attacking position which requires some cockiness, bravery, self confidence and a will/spark to provoke and beat the opponents with the ball over and over for 90 minutes.

Too many things are working against him.

As far as I remember Neymar tracked back well and pressed ok while in Barca. Don't hink he was lazy at all.

Acnologia

It's just laughable watching people comparing Dembele to Neymar,

[youtube]93Va6TZhmDQ[/youtube]

Neymar's a technical prodigy. This goal showed all the required skills necessary to succeed at Barcelona. Quick thinking short passing, comfortable in tight areas, excellent close control, excellent dribbling, vision, and technique. Neymar excels at all of this.

[youtube]DedFb25ThgY[/youtube]

If you think Dembele can reach this level of composure in his passing and technique within a year or two (Neymar was 23 in the video), then your optimism is justified. If you think Dembele has shown the pre-requisites (inherent ability) to reach half this level of passing and movement, then your optimism is justified. I think he lacks the inherent ability to even reach half of Neymar's intelligence and technique on and off the ball.

He's slow with his decision making, off the ball movement, and his passing in short spaces lacks precision.

These are things you can't really show with stats. Once again, use your eye and use stats to complement and substantiate your argument. Don't just blindly look at stats and use that to judge a player.

You sir are speaking nothing but hardcore facts

Home of Barca Fans