Ousmane Dembélé

Temptation

that's a mystery

if he could shoot well and improve his big games presence he would be a top3 winger
Shooting and dribbling are vastly differing skillsets with zero correlation.

Dribbling is all about how you can move your body, your agility, centre of gravity, velocity, proprioception and ofcourse ball control.

Shooting is pure technique. It's about how you connect with the ball, shot power, the placement, the curl and decision making(choosing the right sort of shot for the right situation).

Passing has a much higer correlation to shooting than dribbling does.

If you're a great long passer, chances are that you possess great shooting ability too. Both are different techniques of the same fundamental action: Ball striking.

Now, there's a huge difference between general shooting and finishing. Finishing is an art in itself and comprises of numerous technical, physical and mental factors.

Dembele's shooting technique is awful. Compare that to Son's(another ambidextrous winger) immaculate shooting technique and you'll notice the disparity.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

This guy is the definition of all fur coat and no knickers. Can't wait for Lamine 'The Mean Machine' Yamal to outshine him.

PSG just can't stop trying to hurt us and it ending up backfiring on them. First 200m for a player that didn't bring what he was bought for, the UCL. Then basically uncovering Yamal for us by making smooth passage for him by signing Dembele.

They are so cursed that if they signed Yamal, Guille Fernandez would come through and end up being better than him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Dribbling is all about how you can move your body, your agility, centre of gravity, velocity, proprioception and ofcourse ball control.

Shooting is pure technique. It's about how you connect with the ball, shot power, the placement, the curl and decision making(choosing the right sort of shot for the right situation).

If you're a great long passer, chances are that you possess great shooting ability too. Both are different techniques of the same fundamental action: Ball striking.

Now, there's a huge difference between general shooting and finishing. Finishing is an art in itself and comprises of numerous technical, physical and mental factors.

Dembele's shooting technique is awful. Compare that to Son's(another ambidextrous winger) immaculate shooting technique and you'll notice the disparity.

Nice that you mentioned Son, always thought he is one of the best 1vs1 shooter ive ever seen

yeah i agree but i have rarely seen a guy who was worldclass in passing and dribbling but had such an awful shooting technique

Dembouz has great power in his shots but he lacks accuracy

Mbappe on the other hand has great power + accuracy

im surprised though why his freekicks are so bad

feggydinho

True, but he's got good long-passing skills but seems to lose it when it's time to shoot or aim for a goal.

feggydinho

2 goals, 11 assist this season in

Raphinha 5 goals & 9 assist, in Less starts and a better league this season.

Dembele is still more flash than substance and I always kinda liked him.
Dembele would probably never become a goal-scorer, and the same thing happens with Asensio in PSG (who's a better goal-scorer), with 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 league appearances, and Kolo Muani with 6 goals and 4 assists in 21 league appearances. However, if they're all fit, Dembele starts and they come in later.

vegitot

there is always the chance his finishing will be on point once every season and it could be against us.
how can a player with such dribbling ability be unable to shoot properly?
Dembele relies on his speed so it is not much about technique.

Andresito

Staff member
Just a thought, Dembele never does any stepovers right? Or any skills at all for that matter. I can't remember seeing that.

It's always just shifting direction kinda like Messi, simple but effective.

vegitot

Just a thought, Dembele never does any stepovers right? Or any skills at all for that matter. I can't remember seeing that.

It's always just shifting direction kinda like Messi, simple but effective.
Great pace with the ball, can change direction easily. No need to do stuff like step over if you can just run past your opponent.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The most notable thing about his PSG career so far is no major injury.
I don't know if it's luck or if our medical staff is simply the worst in the world.

Birdy

The most notable thing about his PSG career so far is no major injury.
I don't know if it's luck or if our medical staff is simply the worst in the world.

I thought he gets injured because he eats burgers and plays Playstation all night, no?

Rassvet

Yo Lewy thinks Dembele is a big threat! @KingLeo10 @Birdy 🤯

🚨🚨🎙️| Robert Lewandowski: “I am sure we will play better than in the two games against Napoli and we will play the semifinals.”

🎙️| Lewandowski: “It is not just Kylian Mbappé, but also other players like Ousmane Dembélé. For him, I think this game can be very emotional.”
game recognizes game

Home of Barca Fans