Ousmane Dembélé

khaled_a_d

He is the type of player that you almost know would succeed under a proper manager and in the right tactical setup. Sure, he would not be an easy player to groom but eventually he would be successful. That is the impression I have of him. In other words, I don't think that he would have stagnated or even regressed with Pep or Klopp being his manager.

Most likely he is the type of player that the right coach would want him out sooner and read the writing in the wall.
His style won't fit a coach like Pep for example, he doesn't protect the ball, doesn't keep it tight when dribbling, doesn't have the necessary vision or even ability to pass in tight spaces. Never mind he isn't tactically sound.
He is the kind of player who would thrive if playing with freedom playing against a certain level (Bundesliga/League 1) but I've really given up on him in Barca.
May be this year is his year and he proves he can find his place here consistently, but I won't hold my breath

Laplacian

Looks like he's wakened up, immediately playing to his standards right off the bat.

Has completely changed the game in less than 5 minutes. Hopefully he'll carry on

Edit: unfortunately the minute I said that his limitations popped out again. Commentators kept mentioning it, how he only seems to concentrate in short bursts. How he can be so brilliant and sloppy too...

Wasn't bad though, pretty decent.

Last edited:

xavisionary

I feel like you if you don't take football too seriously and just sit back and watch it, Dembele is a very good and very exciting player.

Home of Barca Fans