Ousmane Dembélé

Leo_Messi

I am a firm believer in Dembélé's talent and I am of the opinion that he could succeed at Barça under the guidance of the right manager, tactics, setup, group of players etc. despite his immaturity, faults and weaknesses. However there is no denying that the current season is a "make or break" one for him.
Either he succeeds and performs well across the entire season, meaning no more long-term injuries, especially when the season is about to be decided, or he continues where he left and basically wastes another year of his career and of our time.

If you look purely at his statistics such as goal per minute played and assist per minute played etc. his first two seasons are not bad at all (comparable to Neymar's first season actually) but given the expectations, price tag, his potential and the fact that he has never had any continuity due to injuries, his own inconsistent performances and Valverde's handling of him and the team's "tactics", the whole experience leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

He is the type of player that you almost know would succeed under a proper manager and in the right tactical setup. Sure, he would not be an easy player to groom but eventually he would be successful. That is the impression I have of him. In other words, I don't think that he would have stagnated or even regressed with Pep or Klopp being his manager.

That prospect of either success or failure should motivative him as well as all the criticism that he has been receiving. If that won't lid a fire in him, I don't know what will.

EDIT: For the lot that used to blame Dembélé for every ill, I hope that you have wisen up now. Barça has not had as bad a league start in 25 years after the first 5 games and Dembélé only featured during the San Mamés game in the first round where he was clearly unfit. Later turned out to be the case as well.

Last edited:

Devils

EFKUHj0U8AEDRPc

Unbelievable technique.

kilian

A long time ago I was super excited when he signed for Barca. Now I hope to just see him fit and be an option in our attack with a goal or assist here and there.
Although he is still very young, I don`t know if anyone believes anymore that he`ll fulfill his potential. A shame when you remember that he can be a very fun player to watch when in form.

A long time ago I was super excited when he signed for Barca. Now I hope to just see him fit and be an option in our attack with a goal or assist here and there.
Although he is still very young, I don`t know if anyone believes anymore that he`ll fulfill his potential. A shame when you remember that he can be a very fun player to watch when in form.

He is at the club that requires the highest level of technique to succeed and he has poor technique - do the math. I would love to be wrong but I just can't see how its any way fathomable that he will be a crack here. In the EPL where technique is not so highly required? Maybe .... maybe. But here? No chance.

Riordon

It’s fine enough that his technique is lacking a bit, really no problem.

But he should start to play to his strengths, which is his pace. Instead of standing next to the CM and FB and waiting for the ball, should run deep. Make runs in behind constantly and be a threat.

It’s like he always wants to impress and dribble past couple of players

FinBarcelonafan

But he should start to play to his strengths, which is his pace. Instead of standing next to the CM and FB and waiting for the ball, should run deep. Make runs in behind constantly and be a threat.

True. He needs to look more for through balls. That's one thing I liked about Neymar. He was good finding empty spots. Also Griezmann is good in this.

Tekkers

He makes these runs at the beginning of every match, only for the rest of the team to not acknowledge them, and thus forcing him to become more reluctant.

The only players whose runs behind the defense are even acknowledged consistently are Alba's and the defense already knows that he's dragging it back to Messi.

Home of Barca Fans