Official Board Agree To CVC Deal

Messigician

:lol: I even edited that bit in. I'm almost sure we do. There's no way the wage bill is 560m unless there's some immense back payments that still have to be paid. Meaning all the so-called salary cuts were actually delays that will continue to burden us greatly.

Which makes sense. Nobody signs to just strip off some 20-30m they need to collect.

Absolute leeches these players. Did Casillas pull something like that for Madrid?

Casillas was kicked out

Messigician

I can imagine Bartomeu's policy being to not negotiate wages with new players.

Something along these lines: We are Barcelona, the biggest club in the world, we pay premium salaries. We don't negotiate, just offer an above market salary and then the player and agent are very happy.

Not at all

Please refer to the 555m Messi contract that ruined Barcelona

serghei

Not at all

Please refer to the 555m Messi contract that ruined Barcelona

Messi is the biggest leecher of them all, so no surprise here.

All of the amigos of the last 4-5 years or even more are complete leechers. All are there for themselves, to exploit the club and get rich while getting blown away in the biggest games.

serghei

Why would they?

Sule, Alaba, Thiago, Boateng, Lewa and shortly Gnabry all leaving for free

I'm talking about Madrid, since they have to comply with the same La Liga rules. They can, we can't. One of the big reason why is because their wages are not immensely inflated. They actually pay their players a fair wage, or even a bit under.

Was shocked a few years ago to read about Marcelo's wage.

Messi983

Most likely. Bartomeu got these players to sign delays in payments that's all. Basically, his last work as a president was to kick the debt in wages 2-3 years down the line and torpedo these next few years.

What else could he do when the club suddenly lost 200-300m of projected revenues?

Messigician

I'm talking about Madrid, since they have to comply with the same La Liga rules. They can, we can't. One of the big reason why is because their wages are not immensely inflated. They actually pay their players a fair wage, or even a bit under.

Was shocked a few years ago to read about Marcelo's wage.

Madrid sold Ronaldo for 100m and got his large salary off the books

Plus new stadium and all

serghei

Madrid sold Ronaldo for 100m and got his large salary off the books

Plus new stadium and all

I'm not contesting that. That's actually what I'm saying. The situation at Barca and Madrid is 180 degrees reversed.

They earn more money and spend less on wages.

We earn less and spend a lot more on wages.

That's 90% of the reason why we're in this mess financially. Some clown president paid the team as if they won the CL 5 times in a row. The reality is that we were a hugely overpaid team, best known for getting smashed in Europe every year by all sorts of teams: Bayern, Liverpool, Roma, even PSG, as dumb as they are.

Who is the only big club in Europe that PSG beat badly since Qataris took over in any knockout game?

Barca: 4-0 in 2017 and 4-1 last year.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

What else could he do when the club suddenly lost 200-300m of projected revenues?

At that point we were already fucked. But it only hit us so hard because of Bartomeus business model of spending every penny and hoping nothing bad will ever happen and revenue will always continue to rise.

A healthy well run club doesn't sign fucking Neto on sky high wages to "balance the books". The writing was on the wall, and then COVID gave them what they deserved. Just sucks that it's the club that is permanently damaged, and not Barto and his goons.

Messigician

I'm not contesting that. That's actually what I'm saying. The situation at Barca and Madrid is 180 degrees reversed.

They earn more money and spend less on wages.

We earn less and spend a lot more on wages.

That's 90% of the reason why we're in this mess financially. Some clown president paid the team as if they won the CL 5 times in a row. The reality is that we were a hugely overpaid team, best known for getting smashed in Europe every year by all sorts of teams: Bayern, Liverpool, Roma, even PSG, as dumb as they are.

Who is the only big club in Europe that PSG beat badly since Qataris took over in any knockout game?

Barca: 4-0 in 2017 and 4-1 last year.

We were the first club to reach 1 billion

So we actually earned more for a good period

Messi983

At that point we were already fucked. But it only hit us so hard because of Bartomeus business model of spending every penny and hoping nothing bad will ever happen and revenue will always continue to rise.

A healthy well run club doesn't sign fucking Neto on sky high wages to "balance the books". The writing was on the wall, and then COVID gave them what they deserved. Just sucks that it's the club that is permanently damaged, and not Barto and his goons.

We would be ok without Covid. Some high earners would still need to leave but nowhere near a mess we're in now.

Gari

"Mateu Alemany has done a great job. We have a wage bill of 560 million euros, compared to Bayern it is double, they have 300 million and Madrid 400".

:lol: I mean, what the actual fuck?

After such statements, specifics are needed. Or be silent. Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Griezmann, Dembele, the highest paid players, have left. There are no stars left in the team. Where does this figure come from?

Home of Barca Fans