Nicolas Otamendi

Mateka

That is horrendous for Otamendi. It appears that his family were held hostage before he arrived home. I trust that they recover fully from this.

Otamendi is the latest high-profile footballer to be targeted by violent thugs.

In September, Chelsea star Reece James showed CCTV of thieves breaking into his house and stealing a safe containing several medals.

Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli was battered by knife-wielding robbers as he played pool in May.

Paris Saint-Germain - and former Manchester United winger - Angel Di Maria's house was robbed while his family were inside in March.

And most recently Arsenal star Gabriel had to fight off a baseball bat-wielding thug who tried to steal his car from his garage. (Info Sun).

24/7 security for the player and his home would still be insufficient if a players family is targeted.

Windhook

This is terrible and hope they recover quick from this.

Fati was also robbed last month I think while attending Barca game.

Horatio

You're welcome
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that the second attempt at burglary regarding Fati? I remember reading something similar a year ago.

Gnidrologist

What an ignorant post
Ignorant of what? I KNOW that crime has been on the rise in Europe for quite a while. You apparently don't. By definition, you are the one, who's ignorant here.
Sure, being assaulted and tied up in his own house in front of wife and kids is nothing special. :banghead:
It's nothing special, because ordinary people get assaulted like that every day. Do you make posts and comment about that on the internet? Apparently these cases are nothing special to you. Why is this case special? Becauese a famous ball kicker got his turn this time?

iniestaGOAT

Ignorant of what? I KNOW that crime has been on the rise in Europe for quite a while. You apparently don't. By definition, you are the one, who's ignorant here.

It's nothing special, because ordinary people get assaulted like that every day. Do you make posts and comment about that on the internet? Apparently these cases are nothing special to you. Why is this case special? Becauese a famous ball kicker got his turn this time?

What an ignorant post

'Kobe Bryant dying so no big deal cause people die everyday b'

Gnidrologist

What an ignorant post
I see you keep repeating that word. Maybe you should reread thesaurus from time to time.

iu

Gnidrologist

Are you perchance a talking parrot? Can you cackle any other word?
In case you're human though, here, i'll help you.
ignorance
ĭg′nər-əns
noun
The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.
The state of being ignorant; want of knowledge in general, or concerning some particular matter; the condition of not being cognizant, informed, or aware.
The condition of being ignorant; the lack of knowledge in general, or in relation to a particular subject; the state of being uneducated or uninformed.

Barcilliant

What's so special about this. Crime is on the rise. Rich guys must suffer too.

Exactly. Not as if these guys can't afford close quarter protection or even ordinary security guards. There are tons of umemployed people due to various reasons. People with qualifications and experience. There is huge inequality and injustice. This stuff will continue to become even more common.

Barcilliant

That is horrendous for Otamendi. It appears that his family were held hostage before he arrived home. I trust that they recover fully from this.

Otamendi is the latest high-profile footballer to be targeted by violent thugs.

In September, Chelsea star Reece James showed CCTV of thieves breaking into his house and stealing a safe containing several medals.

Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli was battered by knife-wielding robbers as he played pool in May.

Paris Saint-Germain - and former Manchester United winger - Angel Di Maria's house was robbed while his family were inside in March.

And most recently Arsenal star Gabriel had to fight off a baseball bat-wielding thug who tried to steal his car from his garage. (Info Sun).

24/7 security for the player and his home would still be insufficient if a players family is targeted.

24/7 security would ward off most threats. Only the most committed would take a chance.

Home of Barca Fans