Nico Williams

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah I'll stay calm until it's official.
But something tells me if he hasn't signed a new deal before new year it's done. Would think Athletic won't wanna wait that long.
It might take months until we announce him though, just like the other free transfers we've signed. Earliest must've been like May or something? Can't recall.

Porque

We can't find a better option considering the price-quality-potential proposition.

Nico moving to the left has been a godsend. If we're talking about signing him for the right, then I'd have question marks.

But for the left considering the options are pretty much
-Olmo at 60m (great but over our budget. Probably goes to Pep le Pew)
-Ansu return (barring a huge Brighton turn around, stock is down immensely as of today)
-Joao (if Atleti included a low gentlemen's clause then maybe, but seems they want 100m ish)
-Gavi (the return of the non German Passlack)
-Mitoma (lol, too expensive)

Then Nico on a free, with a play style that Xavi has shown he knows how to work, is pretty fantastic.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

If Nico arrives for free then wouldnt be surprised if more wide players and AMs are changed.

The likes of Olmo could well still come in as Barca are still trying to play a lot of the time a second striker/AM type.

It doesnt fully fit Gavi/Pedri or Gundogan currently.

Nico wont be directly related to Raphinha going dont think as he would surely be brought in for the left - where he has been playing his best football for Spain and Bilbao.

This same journalist has had plenty wrong also though. He claimed Haaland wanted Barca etc when was never the case.

Last edited:

Co0ter

If Nico arrives for free then wouldnt be surprised if more wide players and AMs are changed.

The likes of Olmo could well still come in as Barca are still trying to play a lot of the time a second striker/AM type.

It doesnt fully fit Gavi/Pedri or Gundogan currently.

Nico wont be directly related to Raphinha going dont think as he would surely be brought in for the left - where he has been playing his best football for Spain and Bilbao.

This same journalist has had plenty wrong also though. He claimed Haaland wanted Barca etc when was never the case.
Mitoma would cost too much, although he would be my favorite signing for the left by far. There will only be 1 year left on his contract summer 2024, but they will still sell him for a sum larger than we can afford likely.

Porque

Referee isn't giving Joe Felix anything. That's what happens when you come from Swansea and only earn 400k a season. Get no respect.

Home of Barca Fans