Nico Williams

Andresito

Staff member
Tbh don't remember a single game where he created any danger against us. Balde has pocketed him multiple times. No memorable games against Madrid either no?

But of course he's young and could've developed since then. This might be the season where he takes the next step that'll make him too big for Athletic.

Saladin

He's 21, could go either way, really. Either he develops into a class winger with a good end product or he proves to be a bust/stagnant in his development. OTWT.

Gnidrologist

Looks like Dumbele with less skill, speed and injuries. Would prefer smart winger, who is also actual winger, but from what i've seen, there are very little options even in marquee market at this point.

Andresito

Staff member
As expected

Nico Williams, who had been linked with a summer move to Barcelona, is close to renewing with Athletic Club. @sport

Porque

Rumour with a low/inviting release clause is the play. Dembele style it seems.

LaLiga player power at its peak with these Mando buyout clause. Which is good that the players are more in control, but terrible considering we are in an international market and also with the most forceful FFP rules in Europe. A double negative with lower transfer fees receives and directly linked lesser spending power.

Ok so it doesn't matter too much to Bilbao with their xenophobic hiring policy, but for the league in general.

Wonder if it's possible for BO clauses to only be applicable domestically. Would be a giant step forward that protects the clubs from overseas buyers but also can incentivize the domestic market.

vuji_31

Rumour with a low/inviting release clause is the play. Dembele style it seems.

LaLiga player power at its peak with these Mando buyout clause. Which is good that the players are more in control, but terrible considering we are in an international market and also with the most forceful FFP rules in Europe. A double negative with lower transfer fees receives and directly linked lesser spending power.

Ok so it doesn't matter too much to Bilbao with their xenophobic hiring policy, but for the league in general.

Wonder if it's possible for BO clauses to only be applicable domestically. Would be a giant step forward that protects the clubs from overseas buyers but also can incentivize the domestic market.
You are leftist for sure, I see it here from saying Bilbao is xenophobic. How many genders are here and what are your prounances?

Huge respect for Bilbao, for playing just players from their school and the ones who are Basques.

Wish more clubs would do this.

Porque

You are leftist for sure, I see it here from saying Bilbao is xenophobic. How many genders are here and what are your prounances?

Huge respect for Bilbao, for playing just players from their school and the ones who are Basques.

Wish more clubs would do this.

No sides. Not one of those what is a woman ragwash either.

Agreed, it looks admiral on the surface.

Then you think about it and the hiring policy of only playing those who are Basque only (or Grandmother who owned a dog which identified as Basque after eating a Pintxo) is pretty ridiculous.

So yes, it is a unique branding of the club, but why stop at the players. Why not only allow Basque fans to watch, or only Basque people can only buy the jerseys, or refuse to have Bilbao games to be allowed to be viewed unless you are from there. Etc.

vuji_31

It is their culture, they are proud of it and I respect it much.

They can play only white players who cares if it is what they want.

I would not be mad. People are triggered with everything today, everyone wants to be accepted somewhere where there is no need.

Let them do what they have been doing from start.

Home of Barca Fans