Nico Gonzalez

mc_lovin

That's a more realistic deal (opposed to the one you shit on, which imo was too good to be true for us - as seen now).

Personally I am not a huge fan of him, so don't care too much.

ajnotkeith

Great deal honestly.
8m euros, 40% sell on clause and a 30m buyback (which is actually more like 18 because of the clause) for another 2 years, so if he does turn out to be a great player, we will easily trigger it.

Good job on part of the club for once.

Porque

Well, he's not coming back unless he explodes over the next two years. And if he does then two things:-

1) 30m (-8.4m, so 21.6m) is OK.

2) A 60m buyout clause (of which we would receive 40% so 24m) would be a very realistic sale for Porto to achieve given Porkchop* league moves to EPL.

Only issue in the buyback really is our financial struggles which would make it very realistic that he both does very well and that we can not afford to bring him back :lol: :(

Wish guys like Ferran and Ansu had the same desire to prove themselves outside.

BUT

Just to add. I do think the buyback is a little high. For reference Madrid sold Morata for 20m and bought back for 30m. Then sold Mariano for 8m and bought back for 21.5m. So roughly 10m increase, which seems a fairer increase.

So wouldn't call it a great deal, but more of one that brings us a little cash today, with a potential problem tomorrow if we want to bring him back before our financial problems are solved.

The buyback clause is clearly not seen as that fantastic inhouse as Barcelona official releases do not mention the amount. Thankfully Porto are on the stock market and always release all numbers clean by the book (even if Pinto himself is dirty AF).

*If anyone is offended with the porkchop then let me know. I will change it to Salted Cod.

Last edited:

jamrock

So we're basically paying them 21m to develop him into something like a top class player if it works out.

Idk how to feel about that, I think he's good enough to get minutes here, but not enough to develop into the player he could be.

Porque

It should have been an =>10m deal to someone to develop him.

Reportedly quite a few LaLiga teams wanted him. So we had the leverage and the options to keep the buy back clause in check coupled with a respectable fee.

And we failed to do that.

Just checked to confirm, and as suspected Nico is with Gestifute. How many times do I have to say that Mendes does not work for us, and certainly not when the other end of the table is Pinto da Costa, the guy who made him and his cash cow.

jamrock

Reportedly quite a few LaLiga teams wanted him. So we had the leverage and the options to keep the buy back clause in check coupled with a respectable fee.

Just checked to confirm, and as suspected Nico is with Gestifute. How many times do I have to say that Mendes does not work for us, and certainly not when the other end of the table is Pinto da Costa, the guy who made him and his cash cow.

I definitely see you're point, I agree.

Slevinn

No way that a LL team should’ve given us 8mil now though.
I agree that the bb should only be 10 but it’s around 13 now and it lasts 2 years.

Maybe it’s because we suck so hard when it comes to selling but I’m actually happy with this deal.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't know man, Portugal is a hot spot for developing talent. I like the deal.

Andresito

Staff member
Not too worried about the buyback only being until 2025. After it expires we can trigger his release clause for 60m of which 40% we get back, meaning we pay 36m instead if we want him to develop another year say until 2026.

Either way Porto will get 30m or 36m maximum, if the clause is triggered by us or someone else.

Porque

Madrid set to sell 50% of 21 year old B team midfielder Sergio Arribas rights to Almeria or Mallorca for 8-10m, with a buyback.

giphy.gif

Messi983

Madrid set to sell 50% of 21 year old B team midfielder Sergio Arribas rights to Almeria or Mallorca for 8-10m, with a buyback.

Off to Almeria for 6m and 50% of future sale according to Marca. So not really that much better deal than what we got for Nico. Not sure about what RM's buy back is though.

Home of Barca Fans