N'Golo Kante

gregorrin10

Very happy that Madrid couldn't get him. Would be much more concerned if they managed to get Kante than Pogba, to be honest. Now it looks like they might not get either of them. And with their transfer ban also looming, meanwhile us doing some very good work done in transfer market recently, things are looking good.:barcascarf:

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Kante facilitates attacks out wide

Conte is asking Kante to undertake a more complex role than he did at Leicester.

For all the plaudits Kante rightly won for his dogged, tireless performances in a Leicester shirt last season, perhaps the most noteworthy and impressive aspect of his role in Conte's opening day lineup was the manner in which he allowed full-backs Cesar Azpilicueta and Branislav Ivanovic to push higher up the pitch.

When Chelsea were in possession he would drop back between John Terry and Gary Cahill, picking up the ball from the more advanced Nemanja Matic and Oscar when no forward passes were available and subsequently seeking to restart the attack. Often this allowed Conte to adopt a 3-4-3 system, with the two full-backs backing up Eden Hazard and Willian in the attacking wide positions. Ivanovic, especially, looked impressive throughout the 90 minutes in part thanks to Kante's ability to step back into defence, and it was frequently him rather than Willian who sought to put West Ham's debut left-back Masuako under pressure.

Hazard, too, thrived whenever Azpilicueta was given licence to get forward and overload West Ham's right flank.

Clearly, Conte is asking Kante to undertake a more complex role here than he did at Leicester. The Frenchmen took to the increased responsibility with what looked like relative ease, although there is an argument to say that he should have seen a second yellow card after a reckless tackle on Payet during the game's closing stages. 

----------
I like what Conte is doing, though at some point we're going to get caught out with the fullbacks up.

Sorin

lmao look at Pogba looking like a donkey on skates out there. I would be so pissed if i'd see him doing that in a Barca uniform. Dodged a bullet. :tata:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well after having this guy in my team since the start of the season, and especially after seeing his performances against Liverpool and Arsenal, I totally understand how Leicester won the title last year.

What a player. World class. Absolutely. It's like you have 3 or 4 extra players on your team sometimes. X_X

Ritchie

Said it before, he's exactly what we need. Teams wouldn't be walking through us all game. He's a better Makelele.

Win the ball constantly, pass it to MSN or Iniesta.

Last edited:

serghei

Woud do amazing in a less dominant Barca like the one today. He's the best defensive midfielder in the world. Him and Busi in a double pivot would be the bomb. Messi in front of them. Basically the role he is playing with Matic next to him only with superior strike force up front.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Definitely not just a DM. He's an all action midfielder but his offensive game isn't as strong as his defence, but his runs forward with the ball are good and he's not too shabby at dribbling past the odd player. He needs to work on consistency for attacking, he's had some very good games but he's not kept it up.

Home of Barca Fans