Neymar Jr.

Lutece FC

Most clubs respect the player's wishes. Even the EPL clubs with NO release clauses.

Pandora's box for PSG for sure. Not for Barca.

Clubs agreed 3 or 4 years ago in ECA to not use this clause.

If any club use it, it will declare a global wars betweens clubs, and give more power to players. Like newscomer said, it's a Pandora box. If someones uses it once, it will have huge consequences

Plus the lawyers are well aware of this clause, so they protect contract with others clause... Like if you use this clause, the player will have to pay xxx millions. We don't have the details.

Messigician

FIFA recognises the right for a player to leave a club, paying compensation to buy someone's freedom. Neymar's agents know this and have consulted FIFA. They have learned that for an amount close to €170m, the player's freedom can be bought. [md] https://t.co/jfvIpEE913

BBZ8800

Just read my previous post. Thanks.

Lutece, Nasser can't come and say: we came here to promote Quatar and World cup and we will leave after 2022.

Maybe they will stay for 20 years.
Maybe they will leave after 2022'.

Both options are possible.

Newcomer

Most clubs respect the player's wishes. Even the EPL clubs with NO release clauses.

Pandora's box for PSG for sure. Not for Barca.

Haha. Nice joke.

Just recently, Chelsea was refusing to sell Hazard until he had only 1 year left on his contract. And even then, Real Madrid had to pay 120 M for just 1 year of contract. Same thing happened with Courtois.

This summer, Pogba was pretty vocal about wanting to leave. Where is he now ? At MU.

Liverpool refused to sell Coutinho in the summer despite Barça offers.

Lewandowski tried everything to leave Bayern and go to Real Madrid one year ago. Pini Zahavi was at the wheel. Bayern vigorously refused and where is he now ? You bet it, at Munich.

But i know that in your fantasy world, only PSG is reluctant to sell his top players. Maybe because your club have a weird fetish on PSG players and they have to face the rebuttal of the french club.

Newcomer

Nasser is not the end all be all of the club. That's the Emir back in Qatar. And they have big investment in Neymar through the WC. People can be convinced to change their action specially with cooler heads. PSG can't replace Neymar no matter how much money Qatar has. Having him sit would be a waste unless he starts sabotaging the team. They made Rabiot sit. But he was replaceable.

Nasser's true feelings were laid out by himself in the beginning of summer chastising Neymar publicly. Which falls in line with this.

What they couldn't be convinced of is to sell him. I am convinced they put out an ask they knew Barca couldn't meet. All to make it look like they are not forcing him to stay.

If Barça had not bought Griezmann, they would have had the money. They even bought Firpo too.

Haha. Nice joke.

Just recently, Chelsea was refusing to sell Hazard until he had only 1 year left on his contract. And even then, Real Madrid had to pay 120 M for just 1 year of contract. Same thing happened with Courtois.

This summer, Pogba was pretty vocal about wanting to leave. Where is he now ? At MU.

Liverpool refused to sell Coutinho in the summer despite Barça offers.

Lewandowski tried everything to leave Bayern and go to Real Madrid one year ago. Pini Zahavi was at the wheel. Bayern vigorously refused and where is he now ? You bet it, at Munich.

But i know that in your fantasy world, only PSG is reluctant to sell his top players. Maybe because your club have a weird fetish on PSG players and they have to face the rebuttal of the french club.

Liverpool let Coutinho go 4 months after refusing to sell Coutinho.

Despite how special Prison Saint Germaine maybe to Barca in your fantasy, Barca attracts players from clubs world wide including Verratti, Rabiot, Neymar whom Prison Saint Germaine has successfully imprisoned despite their wishes to leave.

I know in your fantasy world, players in the future will flock to PSG and simply ignore the prison policy of Prison Saint Germaine as long as Prison Saint Germaine over pay enough.

Zica

If Barça had not bought Griezmann, they would have had the money. They even bought Firpo too.

We won't know. All I am posting is some info from somebody who has been credible about news in Brazil in the past. You can choose to believe or not. Makes no difference.

xxxxxx

The 170m doesn't mean anything, especially if Neymar gets long injury again and plays shit this season. No team is paying that amount for him.

Newcomer

Lutece, Nasser can't come and say: we came here to promote Quatar and World cup and we will leave after 2022.

Maybe they will stay for 20 years.
Maybe they will leave after 2022'.

Both options are possible.

Imo, it is obvious that Qatar arrival at PSG is linked to their World Cup. I don't see how it can be denied. They secured some votes thanks to their ties with France.

However, it is not sure at all they'll leave as soon as their WC has ended. In fact, they are delivering a top notch academy and training center worth 300 M€ in 2021 and they are planning Parc des Princes renovation (to increase capacity and get more high paying price seats/space) after 2024.
On top of that, now that FFP is in full play, Qatar is not spending that much anymore. The QTA contract is dead now (it has not been renewed even if there are talks to have a "normal" and different contract with a different value with the new QTA, the National Council) and PSG is receiving a lot of money from non related sources. Imo, it is the perfect moment to keep the club now that it can be sustained without having that 145 M€ from QTA. And especially when there are talks from the Super League in 2024 which will bring huge incomes to the top clubs (PSG is supposed to be invited no matter what).

Newcomer

We won't know. All I am posting is some info from somebody who has been credible about news in Brazil in the past. You can choose to believe or not. Makes no difference.

I chose to not believe your credible anonymous source.

It is incredible that you want to pass an anonymous source as something reliable.

Newcomer

wouldn't FIFA lower the 170m accordingly depending on Neymar's performance and injury?

Lol, it is not how it works.
FIFA isn't there to judge his performance or his injury records.

FIFA is there to give a valuation based on the length of contract remaining, his salary, the amortization of his transfer. It cannot change based on sporting events.

Basically, FIFA is saying that next year the contract of Neymar is worth 170 M€. And it is kinda on par with the value of 214 M€ given to Neymar this year.

xxxxxx

wouldn't FIFA lower the 170m accordingly depending on Neymar's performance and injury?

Nope. FIFA will set the price and it's up to PSG if they want to lower it or not, which I don't see happening.

If Neymar stays injury-free and plays well this season, Barcelona will most likely pay the 170m euros. But I'm not so sure Neymar will stay entirely fit this season.

So I suspect Barcelona will try negotiate a price between 140m to 160m euros..... providing he stays fit. I also think Barcelona will be back in for him in January; I'm pretty certain you can play for 2 different Champions League teams in the same season now.

Home of Barca Fans