Neymar Jr. - v5

El Barcelona

Is there a reason why he scored only 20 goals last season? I don't see him as someone who has the drive to push himself to the limit like Ronaldo and he obviously isn't at the same level as messi so I don't see why he's considered 3rd best player in the world.
His finishing was awful. He could easy score 40 goals..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cannot compare Neymar and Cristiano.

Barca still have Messi and Suarez who will buy the club time to find proper replacements, and to help those replacements settle down.

Cristiano was Manchester's man. Neymar is not. Messi is still there and not slowing down yet.

Birdy

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]

The comparison was not about the role each one had in their teams respectively (which still is significant for Neymar in Barcelona, even though it is not comparable to Messi's), but about the illusion that it's easy to replace world-class players (which Neymar is, irrespective of his character. And i think all of us can agree on that)

Raketa10

For me it seems like psg is toying with us and delaying this transfer as long as possible so we cant buy with those 220m anything in short time or they dont buy him and we have neymar and not enough time for more. What a disaster...

Problem is NEYMAR not PSG. If he wants to win trophies with this club he has to speak up and clear this mess immediately so we can prepare other transfers.
With this kind of behviour he can jeopardize entire season and destabilize the club. So if he doesn't speak up in the next day or two than his intentions are clear.

Last edited:

Ripsta

220m? Bite their hands off.

Neymar is a brilliant player, and at 25 years of age still has the world at his feet... but he's inconsistent, and has a tendancy to lose his marbles when things don't swing his way. Messi is still no.1 and will be for many years to come too, be that as a forward or midfielder.

For the money recieved from Neymar that could go and get Verrati and one or two others to strengthen the squad.

draconifire

People said the same with Zlatan. He was the best striker at that time. And we replaced him with Villa, it's a clear downgrade if you looking purely at numbers, but that Barca was 10 times better with Villa than it would have ever been with Zlatan. Its the best version of us I have ever watched. Its not who you replaces its how you replace. The only player that is irreplaceable is Messi and in some way Busi. Theres no one else that will have such impact in a game than these two. So I am fine with this if we are getting proper players who fit the system and adher to the coaches ideas.

Raketa10

220m? Bite their hands off.

Neymar is a brilliant player, and at 25 years of age still has the world at his feet... but he's inconsistent, and has a tendancy to lose his marbles when things don't swing his way. Messi is still no.1 and will be for many years to come too, be that as a forward or midfielder.

For the money recieved from Neymar that could go and get Verrati and one or two others to strengthen the squad.

I just don't get it, how you people refuse to understand the fact that Verratti ain't leaving PSG? He isn't going anywhere! He doesn't have release clause so he is not going for 100 or 200 or 300 mil! Just accept this already. This is one of the main reasons why losing Neymar right now would be a huge blow.

Kuchi

You said yourself he's using this for his personal gain when he could dispel it with one tweet. So, yeah, he is a cunt.

But why dispel it? There is no logical reason to dispel this yet, his "brand" grows with this shitty publicity, as PSG are willing to pay 220 mils for his ass, PSG benefits from this as once again they like to be seen as a club that can draw these kind of world class players and not only washed up has beens...the only reason to dispel this is that we can chill... i chill :) There is no way in hell Neymar leaves for those wannabes..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But why dispel it? There is no logical reason to dispel this yet, his "brand" grows with this shitty publicity, as PSG are willing to pay 220 mils for his ass, PSG benefits from this as once again they like to be seen as a club that can draw these kind of world class players and not only washed up has beens...the only reason to dispel this is that we can chill... i chill :) There is no way in hell Neymar leaves for those wannabes..

So you think all of these are just a ploy that Neymar's entourage and PSG collaborated to increase their brand awareness and publicity?

I think it is
594c6bd7a010544790f24a740bc7a51b--unusual-animals-the-sand.jpg

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Three things are certain at this point:

1. The smoke is real. Whether he leaves or not, there is definite contact between Neymar's people and PSG, this is no longer just media speculation, and Neymar is likely deciding if he takes PSG's buyout money.

2. The longer he takes without coming out with a decision one way or the other, the faster he burns bridges in Barcelona and the more he pisses off fans who support him and want him to stay. It is wrong of him to treat fans in this manner. That IG post was utter bullcrap.

3. Neymar Sr. is a piece of shit of the highest order. If there is a single silver lining in this story is that Barca hopefully will sever ties with that son of a bitch.

Kuchi

So you think all of these are just a ploy that Neymar's entourage and PSG collaborated to increase their brand awareness and publicity?

I think it is
594c6bd7a010544790f24a740bc7a51b--unusual-animals-the-sand.jpg

Dont think that's it's a collaboration in the traditional way, as in they met and agreed to pull this stunt, but its a win win for both sides and both sides play their part knowing of the publicity benefits..

Home of Barca Fans