Neymar Jr. - v5

The only thing that would be satisfying about this transfer is that we will get rid of his greedy father, parties with his sister and these rumors about Brazilian players every year. Football wise it is a big loss, people thinking that because of the 220 mil we can replace him are just naive.

El Guaje

[tw]888344962433249281[/tw]

When does our preseason tour end exactly? Tell the POS to GTFO already so we can move on to signing replacements, he's screwed us over already enough...

Makes absolutely 0 sense. Why would he do the entire pre-season with Barca? Wouldnt it be better for him and mostly PSG if he went and did the pre-season with them? Gel with the team and all that crap.

As someone else said: fake news CNN level.

tacticvarium

That said, I believe rumours were first leaked from PSG/Nasser camp to get back at us for flirting with Verratti. Then everything was blown out of proportions and Neymar and especially his father just used that to their advantage.

I think it was actually the second rumors from journalists like Mohamed Bouhafsi & Marcelo Bechler and Globo Esporte which led to this chaos.
They claimed that it was actually Neymar (and his father) who first contacted PSG. Then RAC1 and Catalunya Radio also started to take this thing seriously. They are all known to be very reliable so it just became harder to consider it as mere rumors.

S7_MUFC

200M or not, you're weaker without him.

I remember United fans when Ronaldo left for 80M saying it was the worth the fee, how he could take his sulking elsewhere etc. It's not easy to replace world class players and match winners.

Plus all the fee was spent on debt repayments :angry:

Devils

I think it was actually the second rumors from journalists like Mohamed Bouhafsi & Marcelo Bechler and Globo Esporte which led to this chaos.
They claimed that it was actually Neymar (and his father) who first contacted PSG. Then RAC1 and Catalunya Radio also started to take this thing seriously. They are all known to be very reliable so it just became harder to consider it as mere rumors.

They are all reporting it as nearly done yet none of them explain how PSG could financially construct this payment.

If this turns out to be a nothing story, it will be very hard to ever take any of them seriously again, regardless of how reputable they were in the past.

S7_MUFC

Is there a reason why he scored only 20 goals last season? I don't see him as someone who has the drive to push himself to the limit like Ronaldo and he obviously isn't at the same level as messi so I don't see why he's considered 3rd best player in the world.

Pedro

La Masia
Is there a reason why he scored only 20 goals last season? I don't see him as someone who has the drive to push himself to the limit like Ronaldo and he obviously isn't at the same level as messi so I don't see why he's considered 3rd best player in the world.

He plays out wide, predominately on the wing, with Messi being the main man, so obviously he's not gonna get as much goals as Messi/CR7. At PSG i could see him scoring 50+ goals a season.

Raketa10

Before he signed a new contract his buyout was 190m? and now its only 220m? Psg almost got him for 190 last year why would 220m stop them? Unbelievable:lol:

I believe this was requested from his father. There is no chance we would set it so low if this wasn't one of the conditions for signing a new contract.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He plays out wide predominately on the wing, with messi being the main man, so obviously he's not gonna get as much goals as messi/cr7.

Dude he missed a million chances in front of goal last season.

This was the worst season for Messi in long time in terms of his team matea converting the chances he created, and Neymar and Suarez to a certain degree, played a significant role in that.

Devils

Yes, it's because he wasn't very good last season.

He's not the third best player in the world in 2017. In 2015 you could have made a case for him being third or even second best.

In 2017, there have been quite a few players who have been better than him. Nevermind Messi and Ronaldo, guys like Lewandowski, Hazard, Dybala etc..have all been better than Neymar.

Last edited:

cro-man

For me it seems like psg is toying with us and delaying this transfer as long as possible so we cant buy with those 220m anything in short time or they dont buy him and we have neymar and not enough time for more. What a disaster...

Birdy

You cannot judge like that mate. The whole team just sucked last season..
You are employing the same logic that people use against Messi when wearing his national team shirt.
You have to look at the overall framework. Xavi would never have been recognized as the wold-class stature he eventually became hadn't been for Guardiola and maybe the best team built in modern football.. But he was the same guy, having the same skills and quality, playing in the first team for around 9 years before that.

It's easy to think that Neymar is replaceable, but as one fellow above commented that was what ManUtd fans were thinking when Ronaldo was leaving them..

behindbrowneyes

Reason? Messi and Suárez + poor tactics. Those 2 are clinical finishers and Neymar's finishing is pretty sloppy compared to them. He missed really good chances served on a plate, but he had to run a lot with that abandoned Lucho-midfield so he probably just lacked the necessary freshness in front of the goal. Still managed to finish the season above the 1scorerpoint/match-mark and is by far the best LW when it comes to that.

Home of Barca Fans