Neymar Jr. - v5

Yannik

the barca board has its issues but you are embellishing the hell out of PSG's capabilities. the infrastructure i was referencing was PSG's and ligue 1's standing in the football world. that is a limiting factor in rapid growth.

the other variables, like the academy players, barca has a proven history with those and with a new board those roots can be rekindled. what have PSG's youth proven recently.

you're falling into the trap of potential. people rave about neymar and verratti for their potential but if you aren't conquering things by the time you're 25, you have already missed the boat. verratti for all his skill has nothing to boast of in his CV.

Missed the boat like Xavi, Modric, Suarez and Drogba did? Cmon. Just like them Verratti is a fantastic player waiting for the correct time and team to cash his talent into trophies. A team that PSG might now have after the purchases of Sanchez, Mbappé and Oblak.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Missing this scumbag already?
It's more wise to expose the problem than hiding it by relying on individual performance in a long term perspective.
It's no longer about just winning nor having a successful season.
The downfall was expected as soon as Rosell and co. took over the club but it has to be stopped now before it's too late.
If one or two seasons' failure are required to bring this board down, I would willingly accept it.

KingLeo10

Missed the boat like Xavi, Modric, Suarez and Drogba did? Cmon. Just like them Verratti is a fantastic player waiting for the correct time and team to cash his talent into trophies. A team that PSG might now have after the purchases of Sanchez, Mbappé and Oblak.

lol. alright then. so all possibilites are open for PSG but when it comes to barca, it's definitive doom and gloom. but we've been through this before, in the context of bayern. you play the devil's advocate for everyone not named barca.

1993Kaan1993

3 times the potential? barca can attract the likes of dembele and coutinho even in their darkest days, PSG needed a release clause of 222 m and a backstabber to accomplish their only star signing in 3 seasons. you can't buy history and prestige.

if PSG wanted them, they could have easily signed them.

PSG needed to pay Neymar's clause, but Neymar wanted PSG so much and you can't ignore this reality.

Raketa10

I hate his guts but now it's apsolutely clear how important he was. Now our opponents just have to concentrate on Messi and that's it. Our only hope is that we sign Dembele & Coutinho but even then we will need time to start functioning like a team again.

BarçaBarça

I hope he fails, at least in the CL. He chose a lesser team to earn more money, that is not admirable to me.

But he will be up against way less competition in the league, and therefore he can 'play'/have fun more - I hope that is worth it, because winning the CL with the all time bottler team will be quite impossible.

kollegah

I hope he fails, at least in the CL. He chose a lesser team to earn more money, that is not admirable to me.

But he will be up against way less competition in the league, and therefore he can 'play'/have fun more - I hope that is worth it, because winning the CL with the all time bottler team will be quite impossible.

imo psg has a better team seen as a whole as barca

Andrew M

idk what you mean? Player for player Barca is better, but you are right that we are in a horrible form and with no tactical clue right now, so in that sense they are more of a 'whole team'.

I don't see how we are player for player a better team. Alves, Neymar, Marquinos, Silva, Verratti would all walk into our team

Messi983

I don't see how we are player for player a better team. Alves, Neymar, Marquinos, Silva, Verratti would all walk into our team

So there would still be 6 Barça players if you'd make the best XI out of both teams?

MATS
Alves-Silva-Umtiti-Alba
Verratti-Busquets-Iniesta
MSN

And I would actually choose Pique over T. Silva/Marquinhos but that's just personal preference.

kollegah

idk what you mean? Player for player Barca is better, but you are right that we are in a horrible form and with no tactical clue right now, so in that sense they are more of a 'whole team'.

They trashed us hard last year and we needed a 1 in a million game to overcome psg.
Now they strenghed their squad with a top3 player + maybe mbappe

Edit: the player which made the wonder possible, is now waering a psg shirt

BBZ8800

So there would still be 6 Barça players if you'd make the best XI out of both teams?

MATS
Alves-Silva-Umtiti-Alba
Verratti-Busquets-Iniesta
MSN

And I would actually choose Pique over T. Silva/Marquinhos but that's just personal preference.

There was some bug, auto correction on, or someone edited and trolled in your post.
Because there is Iniesta in starting 11 of these 2 teams.

Home of Barca Fans