Neymar Jr. - v5

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
MSN in my opinion is now and has become the Messi Suarez show! i said last year las vegas and celebrity partying got in his head his performance has been dropping off like crazy today he did better but he is not the same player anymore period

Suarez is starting to hit form now, but was quite bad for 2-3 months, although he scored so got the benefit of doubt I guess.

If anything it's the Messi show considering how many chances he creates for Neymar and Suarez to fuck up all the time lately.

Serbian

Suarez is starting to hit form now, but was quite bad for 2-3 months, but he scored so got the benefit of doubt.

If anything it's the Messi show considering how many chances he creates for Neymar and Suarez to fuck up all the time lately.

Suarez creates plenty of chances for messi also, Suarez presents helps and elevates messi and vice versa for suarez, neymar been terrible for long time now, actually December of 2015 was last time neymar was elite. We are counting MSN goals but its really messi and suarez who driving the numbers

F

FlaFCB

Suarez creates plenty of chances for messi also, Suarez presents helps and elevates messi and vice versa for suarez, neymar been terrible for long time now, actually December of 2015 was last time neymar was elite. We are counting MSN goals but its really messi and suarez who driving the numbers
Neymar has 14 assists this season, most to Messi and Suarez. Suarez was as bad as Neymar for a while. Only one who is constant is Messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Strictly speaking this season in the league, Neymar has created 45 chances to Suarez' 26.

Suarez has been bad for 2-3 months, but scored. So yes he's driving the numbers, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has looked downright amateur several times, likewise Neymar. Had Neymar scored instead of shitting himself in front of the goal and had great numbers then the fact would have still been that he had played far from the standard required of him.

Numbers are nice, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Neymar and Suarez have more assists than Messi, so Messi is not driving the numbers here, but everyone knows who the real MVP is. One guy and that is Messi.

That said, Suarez hasn't been underwhelming for as long as Neymar so there's that.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Suarez is starting to hit form now, but was quite bad for 2-3 months, although he scored so got the benefit of doubt I guess.

Spring of 2016:
-- Messi scoring and saving our ass
-- Suarez scoring and saving our ass
-- Neymar didn't do shit

Autumn of 2016:
-- Messi is Messi
-- Suarez has been sloppy, but still scoring a lot
-- Neymar is the same old Neymar, doesn't score, doesn't play well. He does have lots of assists because Messi and Suarez are scoring like crazy

Winter of 2016/17:
-- Messi is Messi
-- Suarez is on form again
-- Neymar is still crappy Neymar with 1-2 good moves per match and average to poor 88 minutes. The worst part, lately, whenever Neymar plays and Arda steps in: we plays the same with Neymar and Arda. In fact, to some extent, we play even more fluent without him on a field.

So, about MS show (instead of MSN show), no matter how poor was Suarez, he was poor only for 2-3 Months, but even then he scored.
So, 2016' by Suarez: world class-average-world class again.
2016' by Neymar: horrible-horrible-average

No mater how poor is Suarez, he can never reach Neymar's levels of being out of form.

Alos, Neymar's 2016' year in one line:
No goals, not too much contribution, only 1-2 shiny moves per match and assists to Messi and Suarez who will score everything.

And that is what we get from the 3rd most expensive player in football's history.
:bartomeu:

A fun fact:
-- in the last 15 matches, Neymar scored 1 goal from (without penalties), against Eibar in the 90th minute.
1315 minutes in a row for only 1 goal.

** I checked now, in the last 9-10 rounds of the last season, Neymar also scored only 2 goals without penalties.
And this season, he scored, what, 4 goals from an open play in La Liga?

So, from the end of March of 2016 till February of 2017, this guy scored 6 La Liga goals from an open play in around 24-25 full matches.
In the same time, Suarez banged 14 goals in the last 10 rounds of the last season, Messi 4 goals, that is 29 and 19 goals for Messi and Suarez in the last 25 La liga matches.
(Ok, those 2 also scored some penalties, but still...)

How can anyone compare Suarez with Neymar?
That is starting to be a blasphemy, the same as Ronaldinho vs Neymar...

Maybe we should stop calling our attack "magical MSN trio" and instead call them: "magical MS duo" + some random third guy on a field :p

Last edited:

Messi983

Don't know what other people think but I believe his defensive contribution has improved a lot this season. That way I will easier overlooked some of his lost balls (he'll always do that, it's just part of his playing style). He should still improve his finishing though. Talking about this season in general, not about yesterday's game specifically. If he'd convert at least 30-40% of his chances then stats freaks like [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] will have to start writing different things about him. :) He's been in a lot of very good goalscoring opportunities (thanks to Messi and Suarez but at the same time he also creates chances for them) but he just can't score if his life would depend on it. I still believe he's just in a very bad stretch and will improve eventually.

Potroh

Neymar is the same old Neymar, doesn't score, doesn't play well. He does have lots of assists because Messi and Suarez are scoring like crazy

In your strange philosophy should players "score like crazy" WITHOUT anyone assisting them at the same time?

snowy

Really like the way he moves, almost basketball style (ok that's inviting jokes right here lol). If I was his teammate, woulda immediately stopped him from getting into was it Navas' s face. It was clear ref was going to card Navas but then Ney got a yellow as well. Coulda easily been avoided! Wished one of our guys had stopped him.
REFS were even more BS than usual on this one. I swear, at times, it looked like the whole thing was rigged, even if not wearing paranoid lenses.
Happy Lucho rested him in late game. Keeps him in form & hungry. Also good for Arda.

Home of Barca Fans