Neymar Jr. - v5

Horatio

You're welcome
Again: Neymar should never be sold. MSN should remain intact. We need to fix the system first.
This is a problem beyond two forwards who are supposedly off.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He's the only player we can actually fetch a good price for, so if a rebuilding is in the cards we are going to need some money...

Narto

Again: Neymar should never be sold. MSN should remain intact. We need to fix the system first.

It feels like Neymar and Suarez are part of the problem. Poor touches and finishing has nothing to do with the system, but because they have their "MSN" status they can't be subbed or benched. Of course the bench being kind of shit doesn't help either.

Antimadridista1

If he had Messi's or Cristiano's mental, he could be one of the best because he's really talented.
I still can't find a reason why he's such a pussy when he plays for us versus when he plays for Brazil. This is in his brain, or in his heart.

Anyway, I really don't care if he stays, or if he leaves. As long as Messi will be in the club, he'll be in his shadow and I think that the brazilian already reached his peak for Barcelona in 2014/2015 and the quality of his performances since then haven't good been enough for all the shit the club has been through for him.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'll say it this way.

Instead of selling Neymar and/or Suarez. I'd rather we first appoint a new coach, a proper tactical coach who can construct a proper system that can get the best out of everyone.

If Neymar or Suarez, or both still keep underperforming then yes, we should consider moving on.

But right now, the Messidependencia have never been bigger. Even Iniesta is not performing at his best level, Busquets is struggling. The right side is just non-existent regardless of who you put in there. Rakitic, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, you name it. Roberto is doing his best, but we need a new RB and one who can attack very well and also be a capable defender, because Messi is not going to stick to the RW the entire game, and then you need a dominant RB to make plays from the flank and make the opposition defenders focus on you, drawing them towards you.

The defensive transition is absolutely pathetic, and even that shouldn't be the case with the players we have. The entire system is just so horrible that it's inexplicable how our coach and his big team of coaches can't see it. Or perhaps they're just not capable of making the necessary changes? I don't know.

But I will give most of these players another season if the board can manage to sign a good tactical coach. Lucho is not a tactical coach. He's a mere manager.

snowy

At least he's trying, but his attacking game is crap... On the other hand, I was glad with his defensive effort, even though not consistent, it gives something positive to look at...
yup that's how I saw it as well. His attempt at 32.17, the one that got deflected by the defender, he went for too much finesse (not the shampoo). It was too casual. He could've easily scored that one had he been in another mindset.
His other 2 attempts at 52:31 84:30 were also on the weak side.
He's got this Jekyll & Hyde/Incredible Hulk thing going on. When in Brazil neyney mode, he's just on another level altogether.

On the positive, his attempt at 23:38 was cool + his defensive work was pretty good. He also created some good chances for Leo, Suarez & Turan so on another day, the same performance would've yielded 3 assists. Not too shabby but it wasn't meant to be. And he's finally linking up well with Digne! They were on the same wave length so that's promising.
He defo looked frustrated with his personal missed goals though so wouldn't be surprised if he picks up his attack on Thursday against Bilbao and goes for more attempts at goal. Loving the suspense :)

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I'll say it this way.

Instead of selling Neymar and/or Suarez. I'd rather we first appoint a new coach, a proper tactical coach who can construct a proper system that can get the best out of everyone.

If Neymar or Suarez, or both still keep underperforming then yes, we should consider moving on.

But right now, the Messidependencia have never been bigger. Even Iniesta is not performing at his best level, Busquets is struggling. The right side is just non-existent regardless of who you put in there. Rakitic, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, you name it. Roberto is doing his best, but we need a new RB and one who can attack very well and also be a capable defender, because Messi is not going to stick to the RW the entire game, and then you need a dominant RB to make plays from the flank and make the opposition defenders focus on you, drawing them towards you.

The defensive transition is absolutely pathetic, and even that shouldn't be the case with the players we have. The entire system is just so horrible that it's inexplicable how our coach and his big team of coaches can't see it. Or perhaps they're just not capable of making the necessary changes? I don't know.

But I will give most of these players another season if the board can manage to sign a good tactical coach. Lucho is not a tactical coach. He's a mere manager.

I thought Iniesta was fantastic yesterday. One of our better players.

snowy

I thought Iniesta was fantastic yesterday. One of our better players.

It was cool to see him make all these goal attempts. Ditto with Gomes. Keeps the opposition guessing...
Lucho should make it a rule that each player, including Ter! should take a minimum of 3 shots at goal :lol:
If it's always pass the ball to MSN, gameplay becomes too predictable. I say, let's stir the pot & mix it with the grass maaan. Joker Poker time time :stoner:

BBZ8800

I'll say it this way.

That's what will probably happen.

The bad thing imo is: Neymar is one of those players (it is the same with some coaches) with whom you need to hit rock-bottom until you finally decide that it is enough.
What I want to say: with Neymar it will never happen: oh, he had 2-3 meh seasons, let's sell him.
Barto will just never let him go.

We will need an absolute horror show from Neymar, Lucho and a whole team (and for Real to win at least La liga, but maybe even both La Liga+CL) and then, we would need an almost similar horror show in the next season (even under a new coach) to finally see Neymar "sacked" and some big changes in our team.

So, in order to sell Neymar (and now even Suarez), we will need to play as horrible as today for at least 18 more Months (and we need to "hope" that RM will win tons of trophies till then, ironically).
The worst case scenario for me is: let's try something else, let's try something else for 100 more times.
Like: it's not Neymar's fault (currently). It's Lucho. The whole team is a mess.
What I fear is that we will get a new coach in the summer, and as always, Neymar will play as horrible as always, and instead of finally blaming Neymar and selling him, our fans (and a board) will again think: well, it's not Neymar's fault.
It was Lucho's fault in 2015/16 and 2016/17.
In 2017/18 we will blame poor midfield with ageing Iniesta and Busi and not ready yet Gomes and Denis, so we will maybe get again: oh, let's give one more chance to Neymar, maybe he will start to click well when we finally get a good coach and a proper midfield (in 2018/19 season).

I want to say, for me, Neymar's situation is an absolute lose-lose situation for me as Barca's fan.
I don't have any hope that Neymar will ever again pick up his form and play as in 2014/15. That's a story which we will never see again in Barca's shirt.
So, on one hand, he will always just play horrible or meh at best in Barca's shirt.
And on the other hand, if we want to get rid of him, we will need to play even worse than today and watching RM winning a trophy after trophy in upcoming seasons.

So, really a lose-lose scenario for me.
As long as he stays here, nothing good will happen and we'll never move forward from a current crap.
and for him to leave, we would need to reach the epic rock-bottom, something like in early 00's under Gaspart.

So, extremely tough times are infront of us (at least for us who are waiting for a post-Neymar's Barca's era with a new start).

Last edited:

snowy

That's what will probably happen.

The bad thing imo is: Neymar is one of those players (it is the same with some coaches) with whom you need to hit rock-bottom until you finally decide that it is enough.
I want to say, for me, Neymar's situation is an absolute lose-lose situation for me as Barca's fan.
I don't have any hope that Neymar will ever again pick up his form and play as in 2014/15. That's a story which we will never see again in Barca's shirt.
So, on one hand, he will always just play horrible or meh at best in Barca's shirt.
And on the other hand, if we want to get rid of him, we will need to play even worse than today and watching RM winning a trophy after trophy in upcoming seasons.

So, really a lose-lose scenario for me.
As long as he stays here, nothing good will happen and we'll never move forward from a current crap.
and for him to leave, we would need to reach the epic rock-bottom, something like in early 00's under Gaspart.

So, extremely tough times are infront of us (at least for us who are waiting for a post-Neymar's Barca's era with a new start).

lol BBZ, your pain is palpable and you're right, this dude :bartomeu: would probably not let neyney go unless he gains 250 lbs of blubber, loses his marketing appeal and starts playing even worse than N'gog but therein lies the problem. If he ever gets that bad, not even the looniest Chinese board would agree to pay his £210 million buyout clause :achoo:

Classic catch-22. You're only hope to get rid of him is if he somehow manages to keep his marketing value for other teams to want him + agrees to say Adios Muchachos to Barca. Hard to see that happening unless Leo signs out as well. neyney's the biggest Neo fanboy out there

SeloBarca

Agree. The main problem for Neymar and Suarez, is that we dont have a midfield to provide them with anything.
Its almost impossible to do something if you never get the passes.
Neymar is dropping further and further down, just like Messi nowadays to try and get the ball, but then he also has to dribble 4-5 players becouse the miedfield does shit all to hepl him.

Neymar and Suarez are getting undeserved crap when its the dissfunctional midfield and Luchos tactics that are the reasons behind it.

Horatio

You're welcome
Neymar is dropping further and further down, just like Messi nowadays to try and get the ball, but then he also has to dribble 4-5 players becouse the miedfield does shit all to hepl him.

EXACTLY!
And this is why it is pointless to replace Neymar. What other player is going to be able to break through the barrage?

Neymessi

This is a forum where almost every player is wanted to be sold after some average performances. Selling neymar/Suarez is mental considering they are easily the best players in the world after messi. And replace them with whom exactly? It seems like everyone thinks the replacements will fit in like a glove and suddenly we will be playing great. Even if you sell suarez and ney and replace them with verratti and dybala which is a long stretch, there is nothing for sure that the team will improve.

Neymar and suarez in a team is anyday a better combination than any other best duo you can find in the world which you don't even know will be possible for us to get.

But yeah don't show any bit of faith and sell neymar sell suarez who have scored and assisted and been an integral part of our silverware won because of some poor games that all players have. And these same guys will be the one who will be calling for the sack of barto/roberto etc for selling them and buying the replacements when they fail in future and the vicious cycle will keep repeating.

SeloBarca

EXACTLY!
And this is why it is pointless to replace Neymar. What other player is going to be able to break through the barrage?

Neymar is miles ahead of any other LW.
Hes not the problem with this team, without him we would probably be even worse.

Home of Barca Fans