Neymar Jr. - v5

bismp

Man, I really miss Puyol having in this team...

He would have never tolerated Neymar fucking around with the club.

And unfortunately, I think it speaks a lot that Iniesta (despite being fantastic player) should not be a captain for us because of his weak leadership.

To be honest, Iniesta should be criticized for Neymar-Semedo incident. As a captain, he must show some cojoines and step in when conflicts occurs.

Instead, he did absolutely nothing.

Pique is the real captain tbh.And Messi to a lesser extent.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That doesn't make the league bad though, just means it cant retain its best players. But, things appear to be changing and adding Neymar will accelerate the leagues development. The factor of Nasser owning the fastest growing cable network in the world in beinsports should not be underestimated. When he and Ligue 1 go to the table for broadcasting rights in a year or two I suspect they'll agree to a deal that elevates the leagues broadcasting revenues to levels competitive with Serie A & the Bundesliga.

haha, wishful thinking. Broadcasting revenue competitive with Bundesliga? Again, how many people outside France watch Ligue 1? I know MANY people outside Germany watch Bundesliga.

Who is going to start watching Ligue 1 just for Neymar's sake, other than Brazilians and Neymar's fans?

Devils

Is the French league nowhere near Serie A?

Really? If you take away PSG and Juventus, you'd have a very hard time convincing me that France have clubs with the caliber or prestige of Napoli, Roma, Milan or Inter in present day and certainly not historically.

I also think Serie A will greatly improve in the next few years, especially with the resurgence of Milan.

Jair Ventura

Really? If you take away PSG and Juventus, you'd have a very hard time convincing me that France have clubs with the caliber or prestige of Napoli, Roma, Milan or Inter in present day and certainly not historically.

I also think Serie A will greatly improve in the next few years, especially with the resurgence of Milan.

I don't think those 4 have much separation from Monaco, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, & Lille. Never mind the fact that four of five of those French clubs are playing in new stadiums, and all feature stranger academies than their Italian counterparts.

Jadentheman

That doesn't make the league bad though, just means it cant retain its best players. But, things appear to be changing and adding Neymar will accelerate the leagues development. The factor of Nasser owning the fastest growing cable network in the world in beinsports should not be underestimated. When he and Ligue 1 go to the table for broadcasting rights in a year or two I suspect they'll agree to a deal that elevates the leagues broadcasting revenues to levels competitive with Serie A & the Bundesliga.

Nassar and his company of oil money fools think they can buyout and make a monopoly on this sport from teams to broadcasting deals. These Qataris know no sense.

JerseyAddict

Serie A kicks Ligue 1 in trophyes, clubs, fanbase, history and number of great derbies. It is not comparable to anyone. Serie A is full of historical football clubs. Lugue 1 has P$G, Monaco, OM and OL. And that is a given a wide and fair hand... Cause Juve has more int titles than all above mentioned. Inter and AC Milan are uncomparable with L1.

Devils

I don't think those 4 have much separation from Monaco, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, & Lille. Never mind the fact that four of five of those French clubs are playing in new stadiums, and all feature stranger academies than their Italian counterparts.

Milan alone is bigger than all pretty much all those clubs you mentioned combined. :lol:

Jair Ventura

haha, wishful thinking. Broadcasting revenue competitive with Bundesliga? Again, how many people outside France watch Ligue 1? I know MANY people outside Germany watch Bundesliga.

You can laugh now, but Nasser is heavily invested in increasing the profile of Ligue 1 and BeinSports is his platform. They have exclusive broadcasting rights to much of the Arab world while also having a significant presence in French, Italian, Spanish, and American markets. Adding Neymar will give the league leverage to request stronger broadcasting deals on top of inspiring more investment from sponsors.

Who is going to start watching Ligue 1 just for Neymar's sake, other than Brazilians and Neymar's fans?

Brazil is a big country, Neymar has a lot of fans, and you underestimate the viewership of the middle east + north africa.

Jair Ventura

Milan alone is bigger than all pretty much all those clubs you mentioned combined. :lol:

"Bigger" in terms of history, but that's irrelevant in this context. If they played Monaco tomorrow them being "bigger" wouldn't stop them from being played off the pitch.

dakt

Pique is the real captain tbh.And Messi to a lesser extent.

Messi is horrific captain to be honest. You cannot lead if you're spending half the game with your face looking down. Things like these shows his still shy nature. This is also evident in interviews where he avoids longer eye contacts, uses his hand to cover his mouth or eyes, etc.
Authority has to be evident, present and vocal. All of which Messi is not. Great footballer, but not so great captain.

Zuti

You can laugh now, but Nasser is heavily invested in increasing the profile of Ligue 1 and BeinSports is his platform. They have exclusive broadcasting rights to much of the Arab world while also having a significant presence in French, Italian, Spanish, and American markets. Adding Neymar will give the league leverage to request stronger broadcasting deals on top of inspiring more investment from sponsors.

Brazil is a big country, Neymar has a lot of fans, and you underestimate the viewership of the middle east + north africa.

Dude, basicly no one in Europe outside France gives a flying hobo about League 1, no number of sponsors , broadcasting or Neymar moving there is gonna change that, and without the viewership from Europe the league will never be comparable to the 4 main leagues in Europe.

CesDel

Messi is horrific captain to be honest. You cannot lead if you're spending half the game with your face looking down. Things like these shows his still shy nature. This is also evident in interviews where he avoids longer eye contacts, uses his hand to cover his mouth or eyes, etc.
Authority has to be evident, present and vocal. All of which Messi is not. Great footballer, but not so great captain.

Zidane was exactly the same way, yet he was a good leader. Maybe not as good as Puyol, but still good.

Home of Barca Fans