Neymar Jr. - v5

spark

It's standard practice to negotiate a higher transfer fee to avoid activating the buyout and the taxes that comes after it. Bayern did that with Thiago.

As for Neymar and Barca's illegal practices in Brazil, then Neymar, Neymar Sr, Barca, Bartomeu were cleared of tax evasion charges just a couple of days ago.

Barça were willing to let Thiago go, not the case with Neymar. The relationship with the two clubs isn't the same.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barça were willing to let Thiago go, not the case with Neymar. The relationship with the two clubs isn't the same.

I know. Just saying it isn't uncommon.

I wouldn't let Neymar go unless he goes and pays the buyout himself.

JamDav1982

That doesnt really matter though. If Barca agree a fee with PSG and no money has to go through Neymar to pay it nothing illegal is being done.

Even then this tax rumours are just rubbish I think.

BBZ8800

Does it matter?

If PSGs is avoiding or evading taxes from the government, Barca shouldn't get dragged into it for helping them by accepting some stupid bribe.

That's enough reason to avoid negotiating with them.

Wasn't there an article a few days ago that often in cases like this, instead of paying a buyout fee (let's say 100M) and then paying additional 30-40M on that (taxes for a buyout clause), teams often agree on a transfer fee slightly higher than the original buyout clause and that way both the seller will earn more, let's say 120M instead of original 100M, while they buyer will pay only 120M (no need to pay taxes in this case) instead of 100+40M.

Someome posted an article about that a few days ago.
A lot of transfers already happened in that way.

So, it is not actually avoiding a tax.
It is avoiding one type of tax which exists only when you pay a buyout fee, but doesn't exist when you make a straight transfer with a seller club.

It really isn't actually avoiding taxes, but an option for a one way of making a business which will cost you less in the end, and where both sides will actually profit.
Again, a lot of teams made business in this way instead of using a buyout clause option.

** Sorry, didn't see that DonAk already explained:
It's standard practice to negotiate a higher transfer fee to avoid activating the buyout and the taxes that comes after it. Bayern did that with Thiago.

In our case, that would probably be something like:
1. Psg paying a buyout of 222M, and then having to pay let's say 80M taxes on top of that
2. but if they agree with Barca a 240M or 250M straight transfer, then Psg don't need to pay addiotional taxes for using a buyout fee option

So, Barca can:
1. take 222M and force Psg to pay 70-80 on taxes
2. take 250M and Psg won't pay taxes

I would, as a businessman, always take 250M.
I don't care what Psg will do with taxes. They have an unlimited resources either way.
So, let's milk them and take as much money as possible.

Last edited:

Devils

As for Neymar and Barca's illegal practices in Brazil, then Neymar, Neymar Sr, Barca, Bartomeu were cleared of tax evasion charges just a couple of days ago.

Wasn't there an article a few days ago that often in cases like this, instead of paying a buyout fee (let's say 100M) and then paying additional 30-40M on that (taxes for a buyout clause), teams often agree on a transfer fee slightly higher than the original buyout clause and that way both the seller will earn more, let's say 120M instead of original 100M, while they buyer will pay only 120M (no need to pay taxes in this case) instead of 100+40M.

Someome posted an article about that a few days ago.
A lots of transfers already happened in that way.

So, it is not actually avoiding a tax.
It is avoiding one type of tax which exists only when you pay a buyout fee, but doesn't exist when you make a straight transfer with a seller club.

It really isn't actually avoiding taxes, but option for a one way of making a business which will cost you less in the end, and where both teams will actually profit.
Again, a lot of teams made business in this way instead of using a buyout clause option.

** Sorry, didn't see that DonAk already explained:

As someone who doesn't live in Europe, these laws sound incredibly bizarre. But thanks for clearing it up.

Still wouldn't negotiate with PSG though. Fuck that.

Devils

In our case, that would probably be something like:
1. Psg paying a buyout of 222M, and then having to pay let's say 80M taxes on top of that
2. but if they agree with Barca a 240M or 250M straight transfer, then Psg don't need to pay addiotional taxes for using a buyout fee option

So, Barca can:
1. take 222M and force Psg to pay 70-80 on taxes
2. take 250M and Psg won't pay taxes

I would, as a businessman, always take 250M.
I don't care what Psg will do with taxes. They have an unlimited resources either way.
So, let's milk them and take as much money as possible.

We're milking them but at the same time helping them save too. This is essentially making the transaction easier for them.

I don't agree that it would do our reputation much good, especially being a top club in Spain where every club has to put buyouts on their players, to help PSG out.

People from other top European clubs have spoken out against this transfer over the past week as well. We shouldn't be accredited with lending a helping hand to them.

Home of Barca Fans