Neymar Jr. - v5

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The same way you became a supporter of FCB.

Really? How they play football attracted you? Exactly how? Can you elaborate?

Even though I can't stand the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern etc. for example, I could find many reasons why people are drawn to those clubs. But P$G? I am scratching my head here. I mean Paris is a nice city but what else?

Albo

Fuck I hope their WC tanks big time.

One of my highest hopes is that when they have finished the stadiums and such in Qatar, FIFA decides that Qatar is ineligible to hold the event and moves the 2022 world cup to some other country :lol: I would laugh my ass off:lol:

Devils

Paying a transfer fee is considered tax evasion?

You're not just paying a transfer fee.

You'd be paying a transfer fee + a tax evasion fee.

Whether PSG find means of making it look legal or not doesn't matter, it's shady financials in the end and for you to think Barca should be happy to accept an extra 30m to indulge in that shit is hilarious.

JamDav1982

Why refuse the 30m?

1. Dont want a rival saving 70m. PSG with Neymar become a rival and no longer cannon fodder for Barca.
2. Sends out message players with buy outs are not easy and wont be negotiated on.
3. Maybe PSG cant justify paying 300m plus all his wages and wont do that.

Jair Ventura

Really? How they play football attracted you? Exactly how? Can you elaborate?

Even though I can't stand the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern etc. for example, I could find many reasons why people are drawn to those clubs. But P$G? I am scratching my head here. I mean Paris is a nice city but what else?

PSG has a really good relationship with Brasilians, past and present. You remember that guy Ronaldinho? Was a PSG player before he helped make FCB one of the most dominant clubs in the world.

Devils

Sorry bro, but if they negotiate a transfer fee it isn't tax evasion but tax avoidance. Those things are the reason why good lawyers earn huge salaries.

Does it matter?

If PSGs is avoiding or evading taxes from the government, Barca shouldn't get dragged into it for helping them by accepting some stupid bribe.

That's enough reason to avoid negotiating with them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's standard practice to negotiate a higher transfer fee to avoid activating the buyout and the taxes that comes after it. Bayern did that with Thiago.

As for Neymar and Barca's illegal practices in Brazil, then Neymar, Neymar Sr, Barca, Bartomeu were cleared of tax evasion charges just a couple of days ago.

behindbrowneyes

The point of the discussion is that PSG can save money by giving Barca more of it, in which case FCB would be wise to listen.

In the business community there is something that is called business relationship. Barça has great business ties with other traditional clubs with great history like Bayern, Arsenal or Liverpool. Between P$G and Barça a business relationship is non-existant. If you can afford it you don't make business deals with hated rivals, even if you "lose" money due to it.

Zuti

PSG has a really good relationship with Brasilians, past and present. You remember that guy Ronaldinho? Was a PSG player before he helped make FCB one of the most dominant clubs in the world.

Would you support PSG if there were no Brasilian players at the club at any given moment?

Home of Barca Fans