Neymar Jr. - v5

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ok guys, I'm seeing you guys anxious so I registered here only to spread with you people some info being posted in Brazil. According Brazilian ESPN* Neymar agreed to terms with PSG.

http://espn.uol.com.br/noticia/7126...acerta-contrato-de-mais-r-110-milhoes-por-ano

The delay/lack of statements from Neymar is because they are only working on how to get around / comply to UEFA's FFP. That's the only thing that can stop the negotiation. If they can't get around that regulation he wont sign there. (Neymar doesn't want to miss the CL right before the WC)

*Brazilian ESPN differ from others as it was funded by some traditional journalists and only later ESPN USA brought back the rights. So out of tradition they never break out stories, unless they are absolutely right. They only confirm. They just confirmed.

I know you guys are mad over him, but most of us wouldn't reject that much money. And he isn't confirming he's gonna leave/stay not to troll you people, but because they don't know if the transaction gonna work. The story was not supposed to be leaked. One guy on neymar's entourage knew that Brazilian reporter and talked to him as if it was already a done deal when it wasn't, then Neymar was left without options.

Welcome. It all makes sense now. Did they say how long Neymar's people gave P$G to complete transaction? We can't wait too much longer.

Also, who approached who first? Neymar's entourage or P$G?

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So basically what you're saying is that Neymar Sr and Neymar planned to make this announcement out of the blue?

That's basically why everyone's pissed around here. Will probably make it worse.

KingLeo10

this guy probably thinks winning a CL for PSG would help him surpass messi...except he won't even make it past the QFs.

xXKonan

So basically what you're saying is that Neymar Sr and Neymar planned to make this announcement out of the blue?

That's basically why everyone's pissed around here. Will probably make it worse.
I mean as good as game he had today, that doesn't really erase the shitty things going on with Neymar and his dad.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I mean as good as game he had today, that doesn't really erase the shitty things going on with Neymar and his dad.

Yeah, but I suppose we'll have closure very soon.

Hopefully by tomorrow, everything is clear. Stay or go.

if he gets a new contract ffs raise the damn buyout clause to 500m or something stupid, cant be having this fuckery again hopefully the board will wake up now.

His release clause will be 250M which might be enough to stop even PSG if he stays this year.

Yannik

They won't and cannot match 500m.

They're having to find shady ways to match 222m right now.

Doesn't FFP actually even include the wage of the player over the full contract length aswell? Think I read somewhere they are adding that to the fee.

Sorin

If we give this guy a raise, we are officially the cucks of all cucks. We're a laughing stock as it is, this would cement us as the bitches of the footballing world where every other piece of shit can take the whole club to the cleaners every time they feel like it. That's what you get when you have nobodies leading. Can't help but look at Bayern and be jealous of the they conduct their business. But they have a whole board of ex legends approving every aspect of football operations. Competent ones. We have the three stooges Bartomeu, Fernandez and Pep Segura. Fucking joke.

Neeraj

Haha I woke up and saw the game, I knew this thread was going to be crazy :lol:

First up, guys there are a couple of kids talking like children do, can you guys please just ignore them? There's no point in you guys replying to them and making this thread harder to read.

Coming back to the point, it's crazy how awkward it felt to see him score those two goals. He's still a Barca player, but somehow his image has gotten so tainted, it's hard to feel happy for him. If he helps the team next season, great, but I couldn't care less whether we do well with his contribution or whether he stinks up the place.

Catch 22 isn't it.. you want him and his poisonous father to GTFO; but that means 220m in the hands of the most inept board in world football.

Whatever happens, we should not be pandering to him or his father. There's no way we should be giving anybody ANY money to keep him here. If he wants to be a part of the great PSG 'project' :)lol:), by all means please hit the road.

That news is from this morning though isn't it?

There's isn't much 'news' on that report. I'm just saying they added their credibility to the story.

Doesn't FFP actually even include the wage of the player over the full contract length aswell? Think I read somewhere they are adding that to the fee.

I think so. Considering all the stuff, taxes bonus, salaries, the release clause, etc, Neymar negotiation would cost PSG/3rd Parties around 650m.

Nope, I'm saying that it isn't and wasn't a done deal. It was reported it was over. There was already the rumour about his dad going to France, right? So it wouldn't be out of the blue. The thing is that at that time if the negotiations didn't pan out Barça fans wouldn't hate him. You would say it was just baseless rumours, now after that Brazilian reporter confirmed the deal, now if it falls apart Neymar will have to work his way up again to build his reputation amongst Barça fans/players. I've seen his twitter feed and some fans are saying racist things in Spanish and insinuate he commits incest with his sister and other gross stuff.

IMHO, the easiest path for him was to lie and deny there was a negotiation and then if they made it work he could leave and wouldn't face any backlash (until he came back to Barcelona, of course) and if they couldn't come to terms he'd just say: "see, I told ya the Madrid press made that up".

Now he's in a bad situation.

PS. He's an adult but I blame his father, who's also his manager. He told neymar's entourage so his friends would try to convince him to move to Paris. Then one of the members leaked it to the press.

PPS. Neymar Sr. is so shady that I don't even doubt he did this on purpose knowing Barça players would convince him to stay (like they've done) but then he'd use the anger of the fans to convince him to leave anyways.

George_Costanza

Ok guys, I'm seeing you guys anxious so I registered here only to spread with you people some info being posted in Brazil. According Brazilian ESPN* Neymar agreed to terms with PSG.

http://espn.uol.com.br/noticia/7126...acerta-contrato-de-mais-r-110-milhoes-por-ano

The delay/lack of statements from Neymar is because they are only working on how to get around / comply to UEFA's FFP. That's the only thing that can stop the negotiation. If they can't get around that regulation he wont sign there. (Neymar doesn't want to miss the CL right before the WC)

*Brazilian ESPN differ from others as it was funded by some traditional journalists and only later ESPN USA brought back the rights. So out of tradition they never break out stories, unless they are absolutely right. They only confirm. They just confirmed.

I know you guys are mad over him, but most of us wouldn't reject that much money. And he isn't confirming he's gonna leave/stay not to troll you people, but because they don't know if the transaction gonna work. The story was not supposed to be leaked. One guy on neymar's entourage knew that Brazilian reporter and talked to him as if it was already a done deal when it wasn't, then Neymar was left without options.

So his fanboys here should stop staying Neymar is having a second thought or he is moving to PSG for footballing reasons not money. Thank you.

Home of Barca Fans