Neymar Jr. - v5

JamDav1982

I don't get this, likely or unlikely deal.

Any player can change his mind. He won't get a starting role at Madrid either and likely replace Bale there next year at RW. At Barca Mbappe can have a starting role at LW and in two years be the CF.

He'll be the future of the team along with another signing like Dembele who's also a very close friend of his.

No matter what, the club got to go after Hazard, Dembele, Mbappe, Dybala and sign two of them even if it means selling Gomes and Denis or Rafinha.

They just got to go all in now. This is ridiculous and embarrassing for the club, and definitely not good marketing-wise or when it comes to our sponsors either.

If Barca go for Mbappe I would bet anything Real come in for him offering a starting role at CF and he goes there.

Doesnt mean dont try it is more arguing against the idea that all is good and will get a couple of great young players like Mbappe and Dembele for 222m. Not happening in my opinion.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Just bid for him and worry about imaginary money at a later date and keep '
'Winning'

Who said about not trying to sign him?

You are taking things out of context. I said if we get get good players, if we sign let's say two good players then it would be a win obviously. We signed players who improve us and we also jacked up the price for real for a player who is eventually going to end up there. That is a win no matter how you spin things out or context.

And no you can't just bid for a player with imaginary money. If they accept it what will Barca reply. "Oh never mind we were just trolling". We would look really silly.

Guaporta

Sure it is still worked out across the contract for the value of the transfer and wages. In terms of FFP.

No, it's not. The way you account for the costs of a 'normal transfer' is to spread it out over the contract years because that's the way you arrange the paying installments. By triggering a release clause you can't do anything else than to pay the full amount up front and that's the way you account for those costs. The FFP doesn't change that. So if PSG wants to spread the transfer costs, they have to negotiate with Barcelona.

CuleLife4Life

Morata was in the US training with Real right until the deal was finalized. Not really a big indicator of anything if Neymar is with the team atm.

Call me naive but I think he'll stay but fck him and his money-hungry family for this episode. I have no doubt his father is trying to extort us for more money.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Surprised Madrid is not trying to sign Neymar. :lol:

They are rich but not that rich lol. Plus I don't think they really need him. He rejected them once and don't think Perez is the type of guy to go begging again. Their eyes are all on Mbappe.

JamDav1982

You are taking things out of context. I said if we get get good players, if we sign let's say two good players then it would be a win obviously. We signed players who improve us and we also jacked up the price for real for a player who is eventually going to end up there. That is a win no matter how you spin things out or context.

And no you can't just bid for a player with imaginary money. If they accept it what will Barca reply. "Oh never mind we were just trolling". We would look really silly.

Anything can be explained away as being alright IF get good players. It is hypothetical and still means losing Mbappe to Real if went all in for him would not be a 'win'.

You are the one spinning things and having such crappy standards that losing out on a great young player to Real that club wanted as a 'win' as made them pay a bit more.

Then qualifying it 'if good players are signed' which has no relevance and would mean no fan ever should be dissapointed in losing out on a good player to a rival as 'oh well might sign some good players anyway'.

Lutece FC

If Paris sell Lucas, Aurier, Krychowiak and Matuidi, it will be ok for the FFP. It's a brillant operation.

Barca will retrieve a lot of cash and buy Dembele + a midlefield.

Interlop

I see you're following Rafael Hernandez on Twitter... He's just guessing as he doesn't have a clue on how those deals actually work (and how the FIFA regulations work).
I know he's guessing, actually a lot of his so called "reporting" is bullshit. He just repeats what other reporters say or gives some obvious "insight" like Barca's point of view, Lol, even ai could write that. But, what I liked avout this info is that I didn't know PSG could backchannel a deal like that, so I giess I learned something new from him, today:

Richard.H

If Paris sell Lucas, Aurier, Krychowiak and Matuidi, it will be ok for the FFP. It's a brillant operation.

Barca will retrieve a lot of cash and buy Dembele + a midlefield.

Well... look who's back. Wouldn't it be lovely for Barca to play PSG again next year?

Hatem Ben Arfa

is this forum still full of Neymar haters? Surely they are happy to see him go?

Anyway he looks likely to take the mantle of Messi/Ronaldo in the coming years so it would be foolish sell him with his peak years ahead of him.

HOWEVER this Barca team weak in midfield, weak in defence and weak on the bench. All those areas can be addressed with £195m. I feel like taking the money and improving but it would be one hell of a player to lose.

Home of Barca Fans