NextGen Series (U19)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
A1? Do you mean the Juvenil A (u-19)? Or something different?
I do think they could have done a bit better, especially offensively, but you must remember that their key players are about 16 years old (2, one turned 17 a week or so before the game). But they have to improve in front of goal, and the defense isn't that good (the only real talent is one of the 16-year-olds). Can't remember if Sandro played (I think he did) but if that's the case we we're playing with 2 16-year-olds up front... This'll be a good experience for the youngsters :)

PS: I'm not going to go all "we could have played Rafinha, Gerard, etc" because Ajax might have been able to play Eriksen.

Maria

Barca's next year group:

Group One: FC Barcelona - Tottenham Hotspur - Vfl Wolfsburg - Olympiacos

Players eligible to play in the NextGen Series will be born on or after 01/01/94 with 3 players allowed to be born on or after 01/01/93.

XaviMessiGirl

I don't think Chelsea winning the CL has anything to do with NextGen series. Inter won this competition anyway.

Anyway, renaming and moving thread so not to cause confusion and make it easier to find.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The six Groups for the NextGen Series 2012/13 are:
Group One - FC Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur, Olympiacos, Vfl Wolfsburg.
Group Two - Manchester City FC, Juventus Football Club, Paris Saint-Germain, Fenerbahce.
Group Three - Chelsea FC, AFC Ajax, CSKA Moscow, Molde FK.
Group Four - Arsenal FC, Athletico Bilbao, Olympique de Marseille, RSC Anderlecht.
Group Five - Liverpool FC, Borussia Dortmund, Internazionale, Rosenborg BK.
Group Six - Sporting Clube de Portugal, Celtic FC, Aston Villa FC, PSV Eindhoven

I am glad we are in it next year it is a good experience for our younger players. Will be interesting facing the champions and Dortmund!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Why are Real Madrid not in this? How do they choose teams?

They don't choose.....clubs are invited to take part. Teams were picked for the first season of the tournament through invitation. The organisers selected 16 clubs, influenced by the quality of each club’s academy.

Maria

Why are Real Madrid not in this? How do they choose teams?

RM were invited last year, but they refused..after they saw that the tournament was a succes clubs like Borussia, Juventus or Athletic wanted to join in. I don't know why Real Madrid didn't do the same thing though.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
They don't choose.....clubs are invited to take part. Teams were picked for the first season of the tournament through invitation. The organisers selected 16 clubs, influenced by the quality of each club’s academy.

RM needs a strong academy first & foremost ;)

I hope the rules are a bit more strict on the use of first team footballers like Ajax & Inter did

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
What do you mean? Isn't this tournament for u-19? I also found out that Dongou scored 7 times, tied top scorer and Barca got knocked out in the first KO round. He was 16 at the time. Fuckin' hell.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What do you mean? Isn't this tournament for u-19? I also found out that Dongou scored 7 times, tied top scorer and Barca got knocked out in the first KO round. He was 16 at the time. Fuckin' hell.

Team participating in the NextGen series are limited to a squad size of no more than eighteen members. There is an age limit of 18 on players participating in the competition. However, each club has the option of having three players who are one year older than this, although only a maximum of two of them are allowed to be on the pitch at any one time.

Maria

I hope the rules are a bit more strict on the use of first team footballers like Ajax & Inter did

I hope so too..we could have played with Rafinha, Deulofeu, Sergi Gomez and Espinosa against Ajax, but Oscar didn't want to take them from Barca B. And next year I don't think that it would be any different with Dongou.
Unfortunately this season has proven to be too long for Juvenil A(just like the first team) and playing in 4 tournaments has caused them many injuries. I hope we can at least win the Copa de Campeones..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Juvenil A has to be gassed, who monitors playing time like that for kids of that age?...Seems like they've been playing nonstop for 15 months straight

Home of Barca Fans