NextGen Series (U19)

M

mitkoa7x

Our players are superior but their tactics are better, they are playing like real madrid, almost as defensive as them and really deadly on the counter. I doubt our boys faced such strategy before.

Is this Ajax' B team or C team?

Last edited:
M

Messifanboy

Our players are superior but their tactics are better, they are playing like real madrid, almost as defensive as them and really deadly on the counter. I doubt our boys faced such strategy before.

It's Ajax U19

X

Xinz

It was a mainly Ajax' -19 squad. But 3 players from Ajax B were added: Ligeon, the rightback, Mats Rits, the midfielder with curly hair, and the right centre back Veltman.
I think it was a very equal match with Barcalona as the more superior football, in the end we were matched out by theyre players. But hey, when you know there is almost a year difference between every player I think we played a fair match againt Ajax. That Viktor Fischer player is really good btw. And i don't think Ajax played a defensive tactic, they were simply forced upon by our players, i've seen them clinch up our defense from time to time aswell.

Barca_070

This was Ajax C, most of them dont play in Ajax B (Young Ajax, players who arent good enough for Ajax A yet play there). But some of them played already in the first team like Klaassen and Ligeon.

X

Xinz

Tought it would be nice to make a comparisation of the ages, these were the ages of the starting line-up:
Barca:Banuz → 26-06-93 Edu → 26-01-93 Grimaldo → 20-09-95 Bagnak → 07-06-95 Ayala, → 19-03-93 Samper → 20-01-95 Cristian → 29-03-94 Patri → 17-04-93 Dongou → 20-04-95 Angel → 06-01-93 Babunski → 01-03-94

Ajax: Van der Hart→13.06.1994 Ligeon→24/05/1992 Veltman→15.01.1992 Denswil ->07.05.1993 Klaassen ->21.02.1993 Dijks->09.02.1993 De Sa -> 02.04.1993
Fischer->09.06.1994 Sporkslede->03.08.1993 Rits->18.07.1993 Schoop ->31.05.1993

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It was a professional thumping from Ajax, for long stretches Juvenil A were superior but couldn't find the back of the net....That nearly 2 year difference in age showed as Ajax were far more physical and, frankly, given a ton of latitude from the match referee...They simply overpowered the younger opponents - there was a physical gap...#5, the LB for Ajax should've been sent off IMHO on bookings...As is the case against the first team, opponents simply test a referee to be sent off

Is Samper playing DM more often now?...I thought he was too far out of the action for too long in the match...Grimaldo & Dongou are still the class of this age group

Ajax played well for their part though

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I think Samper has played almost every game as a DM this season. I'm not sure what to make of it, because his best qualities seem to be in offense, but his length makes playing in the Xavi role more difficult.

Dervyx

I really liked Patri's performance in this match. Hope he's gonna be promoted to Barca B next season, Eusebio already said he's ready.

Home of Barca Fans