New members

T

TxBarca83

Hey everyone!

I'm 27 years old and live in Texas. I've been an off and on fan of football for a while, but the 2006 World Cup really increased my interest in the game. It can be tough to get access to the sport here in the US, but I'm completely hooked. Outside of college sports (American football and basketball), football has essentially taken over my interest in professional sports. There are matches all year round and it really is a beautiful game.

Specific to Barcelona, I've been interested in the team for a number of years, but I started paying more attention after the 2006 World Cup. My mother is from Spain and I have relatives all over the country, including some Catalans. I have family in Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Zaragoza along with various rural areas as well. Most of my family are Real Madrid supporters, but I found myself turned off from the club due to it's business practices, history and overall play. I really love Barcelona's game, their emphasis on youth development, the historical role the club plays and just overall it's a club I've fallen in love with. Outside of the historical relevance, it's some of the same reasons why I'm also a fan of Arsenal in the Premier League. Locally, I support the Houston Dynamo in the MLS, but without a doubt it can be tough to watch MLS games after seeing quality La Liga, Premier League and international matches. In Serie A, I have somewhat of a soft spot for AC Milan, but it's just a passing interest. All of that said, Barcelona is definitely by far the club that means the most to me.

I look forward to getting to know everyone on the forums!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice intro! Dynamo from Houston, eh? I thought Dynamo was only used in former communist countries. Dynamo Tbilisi, Dynamo Moscow, Dynamo Kiev, Dinamo Zagreb.. :)
About MLS being tough to watch.. I think that after watching Barca pretty much all other teams are boring to watch. I even get this with WC.

Welcome to the forum!

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
Hi everyone,

I used to lurk here using my brother's account but, he closed his account when Titi got kicked out and sooo....I've got not choice but to register. I've actually been following Barca since '06 but I was just hopping from one forum to another, mainly lurking :p Football fandom scares the living out of a shy person like me. Anyways, my first football love was Batistuta. I watched him played in 1998 and became a huge fan. Since then I also became a huge fan of the Argentina NT -- '06 WC was when I found out about Messi.

Umm...that's all from me I guess.

Cheers,
Shann

maz

I walk the line
Welcome shann. What was your brother's account if you don't mind me asking?

Hope you stick around, and this is a great place to get out all your opinions on the club and football in general!

XaviMessiGirl

Welcome everyone :D

shann, I was shy about posting here at first, it took me almost an entire season to make an account and introduce myself. I used to be afraid that since I was a relatively new fan that I wouldn't fit in with the people who have been fans for years. But most of the people here are nice and you don't have to be shy about anything!

J

JOANNA81

Hi Everyone. I'm 29 old and I'm a Polish girl. I intresting in Spanish football since I was 10!!! I allways supported FC Barcelona and my biggest dream is to come on one Barcelona's match - hopefully this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so exciting. I love Spain!!!!!!!:):):)

Home of Barca Fans