New 2013-2014 kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Football shirts are just so damn expensive. It's outrageous. Not just this year, but in general. I mean, over 50 euros for a short-sleeved shirt? A hundred euros? Give me a break. I'd love to own one or more, but I wouldn't know where to wear it, and it's too expensive. I'd only consider buying one if I visit Barcelona again. I'd love to get one at Camp Nou and have a customized name printed. That way it would be more of a souvenir from the trip than a clothing item. Now I only have to visit Barcelona before these kits are replaced. :D

Going this summer!!! :p

PS.

I'd actually be keen to wear the Barca polo for going out casually and the training jacket for exercising and training. I always wear the Barca home jersey under my school uniform on CL match days and on free-dress days. I find that I wear the kits more than I should at times :lol:

Last edited:

Stric

Going this summer!!! :p

You're probably somewhat closer than I am. :pep:

Although I'm not that far away, either, really.

PS.

I'd actually be keen to wear the Barca polo for going out casually and the training jacket for exercising and training. I always wear the Barca home jersey under my school uniform on CL match days and on free-dress days. I find that I wear the kits more than I should at times :lol:

I have a pair of 2011/2012 shorts that I wear during the summer... for running, biking, just random walking around or whatever. I can get away with wearing that and a normal T-shirt. I wouldn't really wear the shirt anywhere other than an organized Barca-fans get-together for a game or something, which is non-existent around here. I do have a Més (Nike's/Barca's brand that was active a few years ago) jacket that I'll wear casually, either with jeans or sweat pants. Or the shorts. :lol:

Thumbs up for the polo shirt and jacket.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ew. The home kit is so bad. The stripe size is annoying, the sleeves are stupid, yellow and white/silver mismatch. And the blau shorts don't go too well either. Mostly, I don't like the blau-grana colours at all.

The away kit seems really nice, but I don't know what they'll look like on the pitch

Last edited:

Barca8

Football shirts are just so damn expensive. It's outrageous. Not just this year, but in general. I mean, over 50 euros for a short-sleeved shirt? A hundred euros? Give me a break. I'd love to own one or more, but I wouldn't know where to wear it, and it's too expensive. I'd only consider buying one if I visit Barcelona again. I'd love to get one at Camp Nou and have a customized name printed. That way it would be more of a souvenir from the trip than a clothing item. Now I only have to visit Barcelona before these kits are replaced. :D

It's ridiculous how expensive jerseys are. On top of that if you don't like the sponsor you're stuck with that.
A jersey from Barcelona is definitely a great souvenir. I got the green away jersey last April at the Camp Nou Botiga on clearance. They didn't have the blue name print so I just got the 11/12 home Messi print on it.

XaviMessiGirl

just because they're rivals doesn't mean you can't admire them

I'm a fan of both Athletic and Barca, no troubles here.

I could never full-on support two teams from the same league, but to each their own I guess. At least for you it makes more sense since you are part Basque (right?)

Jeez being a fan of that many clubs must cost a fortune :lol:

But at the same time I can't think of any shirts out of that collection that could rightfully be dropped, since they're all so great!

aside from the blank Barca jersey, which I'd switch to a player name or customized

Tell me about it :lol: I can't afford to buy them all at once though. I'm getting Liverpool's upon release, probably get Inter's & one of Barca's over the course of the summer, then the other Barca one midseason. And I'm not even counting national team jerseys yet, but if I have to skip those for financial reasons I probably will (or wait until the WC). I'm saving for my move to the UK so I can't go too crazy lol.

As for the customization, I've been wanting one blank Barca shirt since every single one I own so far has a player name on it. But the other will definitely be Puyol because he's one I don't have yet & I want to get it before he retires.

Stric

BTW, while we're at it... are the customized prints they do there at the Camp Nou store any good? Are they like the usual printed shirts with player names or can you tell the difference in the quality of the print?

Eetu

Adormit
BTW, while we're at it... are the customized prints they do there at the Camp Nou store any good? Are they like the usual printed shirts with player names or can you tell the difference in the quality of the print?

Exactly the same.

Barca8

They are the same licensed letters and numbers. If you're talking about the quality of putting customized names on the shirts themselves (centered and nice arch of a long name) they do a really good job.

I wear Barca stuff a lot. I have a few tshirts and sporty jersey-type shirts which don't have nike but FCB on them & the club crest. They're officially licensed products but not ones you find online. @XaviMessiGirl Try Ross or Marshall's they always have a ton of Barca stuff for cheap in the mens sporty tops section

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I could never full-on support two teams from the same league, but to each their own I guess. At least for you it makes more sense since you are part Basque (right?)

Tell me about it :lol: I can't afford to buy them all at once though. I'm getting Liverpool's upon release, probably get Inter's & one of Barca's over the course of the summer, then the other Barca one midseason. And I'm not even counting national team jerseys yet, but if I have to skip those for financial reasons I probably will (or wait until the WC). I'm saving for my move to the UK so I can't go too crazy lol.

As for the customization, I've been wanting one blank Barca shirt since every single one I own so far has a player name on it. But the other will definitely be Puyol because he's one I don't have yet & I want to get it before he retires.

Yes I am part Basque haha nice of you to remember :)

Thanks for reminding me of the Puyol one since his retirement is close, I'll have to get one next season though :/

When are you moving to UK, because if it's soon then you can get the Liverpool one at Anfield when you get there.

As for ordering the others online, do prices get cheaper as the year goes by?

XaviMessiGirl

I'd love to own one or more, but I wouldn't know where to wear it

I wear my football shirts everywhere, aside from at work and nice/upscale places where it would be completely inappropriate to show up in a sports jersey (though one time I did show up at a club in a Barca shirt the night we won the CL 2011, but I went to one w/o a strict dress code for that reason). But then again it's a little different culture here in the US, I guess in most European countries it's regarded as odd to wear jerseys if you're not actually attending a match.

Stric

Great. Thanks for the info, fellas! That was exactly what I was asking. :) I've never ordered customized printing, so I was thinking that maybe they don't make them as good as the factory-made ones.

Barca8

But then again it's a little different culture here in the US, I guess in most European countries it's regarded as odd to wear jerseys if you're not actually attending a match.

Yeah I think that is true. I wore different Barcelona jerseys when I was there last year and cruising around the whole city it seemed like I was the only one wearing one lol. Thinking about it now I really can't remember seeing anyone else in a Barca shirt. I was the only one wearing a Barca shirt at the bar we watched the Chelsea v. Barca (away match). I guess they knew this guy is a tourist lol

XaviMessiGirl

When are you moving to UK, because if it's soon then you can get the Liverpool one at Anfield when you get there.

It's a so far unknown date, but hopefully before the end of next season. Josh & I are trying to get married by the end of this year, then I have to fill out the annoying visa paperwork, then assuming I get accepted I can move. But I've heard it can take quite a while for immigration to approve you, so who knows really.

I'll be living in the south of England though, so not close to Anfield, still hopefully able to go to a 1-2 games per season (have to do some convincing of a certain person though). Probably end up flying to Milan more often than driving to Liverpool :lol:

As for ordering the others online, do prices get cheaper as the year goes by?

Well towards the end of the season, the club store & third party sites usually put the remaining stock on sale to get rid of it before the next season's shirts come in. But a lot of times it's just obscure sizes that they have overstock of.

I'm a subscriber at a US-based online shop that gives me 10% off everything I buy there, plus sends me additional $10 off coupons several times a year, so I use that site more often than any club store, if they have something I want in stock. For me they have a lot of Liverpool & Barca stuff, but not much Inter though (at least not compared to the other two). Probably because they don't have as big a fanbase here as PL clubs or Barca.

Yeah I think that is true. I wore different Barcelona jerseys when I was there last year and cruising around the whole city it seemed like I was the only one wearing one lol. Thinking about it now I really can't remember seeing anyone else in a Barca shirt. I was the only one wearing a Barca shirt at the bar we watched the Chelsea v. Barca (away match). I guess they knew this guy is a tourist lol

Yeah, it seems like wearing club merchandise is a sign of being a tourist in a lot of places. I was in Milan back in February, I was wearing an Inter scarf & Josh was wearing Milan (non match day), we went in a shop & the guy working there just automatically started speaking English to us instead of Italian.

I was also in Liverpool for the second leg Barca v Chelsea last year & I got stared at so much for wearing a Barca shirt. I didn't care though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans