Nelson Semedo

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He had a good performance. I wouldn't kill him to much for the Kane goal. Yes he got roasted there, but not just by any old scrub. Kane is likely top 3 CF in football right now and used a nasty pullback and great finish to beat him.

Barcilliant

It would have been interesting to see how Roberto would have fared. If Roberto had played Spurs would have targeted the right side. Wasn't great today but good enough.

What's happening with Moussa Wague?

Danic

Im pretty sure he was told to stay back vs tottenham. Rarely left the own half which even for him is unusual. I wont read too much in that 2nd half. Complete defense team left a lot to be desired there.
Guess he gets his game row now with roberto out. So he has to take his chance now. If he does not use it i agree on a new rb.

Kuchi

Saw some local commnetators saying Messi doesnt fancy him as a starter..if the case..he can outshine roberto every time..ev will always please messi

Nothanks

as i said before, he is improving and i'll admit that but still with roberto out of form and if semedo continues like this i still think we need an improvement.

ebieymjunior

Im pretty sure he was told to stay back vs tottenham. Rarely left the own half which even for him is unusual. I wont read too much in that 2nd half. Complete defense team left a lot to be desired there.
Guess he gets his game row now with roberto out. So he has to take his chance now. If he does not use it i agree on a new rb.

Saw some local commnetators saying Messi doesnt fancy him as a starter..if the case..he can outshine roberto every time..ev will always please messi

It's like Messi seems to really does not want to pass to him unless he absolutely has no other option whatsoever, and then he doesn’t even look at him as if to let him know that he doesn’t want to pass to him. Later in the game Semedo didn’t even try going forward ‘cause he knew it wouldn’t make a difference.

And when Semedo passed a ball backwards once, Suarez looked at Messi like (there we go again) and it was soo blatant…

Last edited:

PhilS

So, his teammates don't like to pass to him, but nevertheless he is some sort of great player who should play every game?

Did you notice that Tottenham intentionally left him open through most of the second half? Why do the opponents want the ball to go to Semedo?

Yes, the Barca manager listens to Messi. As do Messi's teammates. Getting the most out of Messi is the key to success for this team. Messi understands the Barca style rather well after 20 years.

Semedo is always the worst Barca player on the field, because of his problems when he gets the ball. He would not hurt the team so much if he went forward less, just sat back to receive safety passes, then make a very simple pass to an offensive player who comes back for the ball. If he could just play a normal fullback position, which would be his job on most any other team, he would be fine. At Barca, he would be best off in a 3-4-3, staying back, letting Alba go forward all of the time. Or go to a different team, where fullback have less offensive responsibility.

clemente

So, his teammates don't like to pass to him, but nevertheless he is some sort of great player who should play every game?

Did you notice that Tottenham intentionally left him open through most of the second half? Why do the opponents want the ball to go to Semedo?

Yes, the Barca manager listens to Messi. As do Messi's teammates. Getting the most out of Messi is the key to success for this team. Messi understands the Barca style rather well after 20 years.

Semedo is always the worst Barca player on the field, because of his problems when he gets the ball. He would not hurt the team so much if he went forward less, just sat back to receive safety passes, then make a very simple pass to an offensive player who comes back for the ball. If he could just play a normal fullback position, which would be his job on most any other team, he would be fine. At Barca, he would be best off in a 3-4-3, staying back, letting Alba go forward all of the time. Or go to a different team, where fullback have less offensive responsibility.

At least actually say what he should have done or what was wrong with him instead of this "safety passes", "sat back", literally every player does this, he needs other players to work with him.

biraboyz

Banned

Yup, the game plan is let Semedo have the ball and waste time or pressure him and will lose the ball. But he is fast so a starter material..

Horatio

You're welcome
Yup, the game plan is let Semedo have the ball and waste time or pressure him and will lose the ball. But he is fast so a starter material..

No, plan is to play him because opposition actually rates him so at least they won't keep attacking the same side everytime.

Calidad

Not sure why there is such strong criticism. He was solid, if unspectacular. He got done for the goal, but can happen to any defender. His pace is actually really helpful to the side, and Son got no change out of him all game.

Give him a run, and he’ll deliver.

barcanuck

I just don't see anything more than what we already have seen in this guy. Not a star and will go by way of the Marty Montoyas of the world.

Home of Barca Fans