Nelson Semedo

Porque

Alot of us said that to get the best out of Semedo that he needed a winger in front of him. Let's see how he does paired with Adama. Very dynamic team playing a face-based football. Should suit him.

All the best.

Andresito

Staff member
EilvntMWAAALcgy

FinBarcelonafan

Alot of us said that to get the best out of Semedo that he needed a winger in front of him. Let's see how he does paired with Adama. Very dynamic team playing a face-based football. Should suit him.

All the best.

Looking forward to this. I hope he proves this forum wrong!

BBZ8800

75 La liga and CL matches for Barca.

Made 3 assists in 3 years.

A monster player.

We will miss his attacking contribution.

Rory

Semedo for me is a case of best of a bad situation. I can't think of many right backs that were obviously better than him over the last couple of years. Hakimi, Carvajal, TAA, Kimmich all unattainable. Other are either his level or worse. He had the right profile we should be after: athletic. Now we're going to chance our arm at another very small fullback who offers no aerial defence. We'll probably create a few more chances though who knows.

JamDav1982

Looking forward to this. I hope he proves this forum wrong!

He will got to Wolves and play more or less right midfield and be asked to constantly make runs into box.

It should suit him as doesnt have to defend as a full back or worry too much about working on outside in final third.

Doherty is average at best and did great for them doing that.

Does not translate to proving anyone wrong on him not being a full back at a top level unless moves elsewhere or Wolves change way play.

mc_lovin

Semedo for me is a case of best of a bad situation. I can't think of many right backs that were obviously better than him over the last couple of years. Hakimi, Carvajal, TAA, Kimmich all unattainable. Other are either his level or worse. He had the right profile we should be after: athletic. Now we're going to chance our arm at another very small fullback who offers no aerial defence. We'll probably create a few more chances though who knows.

Semedo was never a relevant aerial defender for us.

Heck, Dest and him are roughly the same size.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

BBZ "Im all about stats" 8800

I checked Whoscored stats.

It seems that Semedo's good stats came mostly from Cdr matches.
His La liga and CL stats are abysmal.

Edit: I have even made a mistake.
He has 106 and not only 75 La liga+CL matches = 3 assists.
1 assist each 35 matches.

He is even a bigger monster than in my original post.

3 best RBs of all time: Dani Alves, Cafu, Lord Semedo.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Semedo: 2 goals and 11 assists in 8.373 minutes; directly involved in a goal every 644 minutes

Roberto since 2017/18: 3 goals and 17 assists in 9.674 minutes; directly involved in a goal every 484 minutes

1 of Roberto's goals was against Betis in 17/18 season when he was playing CM and 3 of his assists came from playing CM and CDM, 2 against Betis last season and 1 against Murcia in 17/18.

So........ in reality his stats at RB are 2 goals and 14 assists compared to Semedo's 2 goals and 11 assists with over 1000 minutes played in comparison.

Sergi "attacking output" Roberto :worthy: :worthy:

Jokes aside both trash attacking wise. Probably unfair comparing any RB right now to Trent but Trent in that same time period has 8 goals and 34 assists.

BBZ8800

1 of Roberto's goals was against Betis in 17/18 season when he was playing CM and 3 of his assists came from playing CM and CDM, 2 against Betis last season and 1 against Murcia in 17/18.

So........ in reality his stats at RB are 2 goals and 14 assists compared to Semedo's 2 goals and 11 assists with over 1000 minutes played in comparison.

Sergi "attacking output" Roberto :worthy: :worthy:

Jokes aside both trash attacking wise. Probably unfair comparing any RB right now to Trent but Trent in that same time period has 8 goals and 34 assists.

Check my last post.
Whoscored says that Lord Semedo has 3 assists in La liga+CL in 106 matches.

These other assists are probably from CDR round of 128, Copa Catalunya, Supercopa Catalunya and from Playstation matches versus Dembele.

Vilarrubi

I checked Whoscored stats.

It seems that Semedo's good stats came mostly from Cdr matches.
His La liga and CL stats are abysmal.

Edit: I have even made a mistake.
He has 106 and not only 75 La liga+CL matches = 3 assists.
1 assist each 35 matches.

He is even a bigger monster than in my original post.

3 best RBs of all time: Dani Alves, Cafu, Lord Semedo.

Link to stats please. Surely you haven't resorted to blatant lying to support your argument.

He has 3 assists in CDR against Murcia, Leganes and Levante.

1 assist in CL against Napoli.

2 goals and 7 assists in La Liga.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nelson-semedo/leistungsdaten/spieler/231572

abiabi

You can criticize this board all you want, but they are phenomenal sellers.

Dembele will probably be sold for like 90M watch and see

Home of Barca Fans