Nelson Semedo

serghei

I agree with this, and claim the same. That doesn't mean Semedo is WC, but Dest will look the same, as well as any other RB who can't dribble past 3 players or have vision like Messi. If system changes then you need a decent RB.

It's so obvious it's actually amazing so many are blind to it.

Let's just put many roadblocks and hope the guy we bring is great enough to overcome to problems we will hand him. That's more or less how we integrate new players.

In Semedo's time here he was almost isolated offensively. Only a handful of games he actually had someone to combine with. He was mostly asked to do the whole flank.

Not a great player, but a good one. That's why the price is 35 million in the middle of the corona crisis at a time where we pay other players to leave.

Last edited:

clemente

Imagine going from Barcelona to that concentration camp Wolverhampton city :lol: :lol: :lol:
He might come back to life though playing in a team where he can linkup with an actual winger

mc_lovin

Good stuff. 30+10ME is pretty great.

I would have expected him to put up more of a fight, but I guess he was just not earning enough to be a pain in the ass. I never rated him, but at the very least he was always exemplary. Highlight for me was definitely his fight with Neymar :p

Best of luck to him.

JamDav1982

It's so obvious it's actually amazing so many are blind to it.

Let's just put many roadblocks and hope the guy we bring is great enough to overcome to problems we will hand him. That's more or less how we integrate new playersl

In Semedo's time here he was almost isolated offensively. Only a handful of games he actually had someone to combine with. He was mostly asked to do the whole flank.

Not a great player, but a good one. That's why the price is 35 million in the middle of the corona crisis at a time where we pay other players to leave.

Same old excuses but Roberto played in same set up and managed to combine with the other players without much issue and was far better in final third and he is not a RB either.

Semedo was a poor player with pace. Could do well enough at Wolves where will be more or less a right mid asked to undercut Adama and constantly make runs into box.

There were countless games under EV when Semedo started... was atrocious with ball and movement in final third and got hauled off for Roberto who came on and improved that side of it in exact same system.

Will never be anywhere close to what a big club needs in a 'proper' full back.

Messi983

Semedo: 2 goals and 11 assists in 8.373 minutes; directly involved in a goal every 644 minutes

Roberto since 2017/18: 3 goals and 17 assists in 9.674 minutes; directly involved in a goal every 484 minutes

FinBarcelonafan

Semedo: 2 goals and 11 assists in 8.373 minutes; directly involved in a goal every 644 minutes

Roberto since 2017/18: 3 goals and 17 assists in 9.674 minutes; directly involved in a goal every 484 minutes

Both poor numbers. I expect Semedos numbers to rise with Wolves, when he has proper winger front of him not Messis ghost. Semedo looked very good with Dembelee front of him.

BADGERBHOY

If true that's another text book example of this board's utter incompetence, how on earth can you give Roberto 5m net is beyond me...

He had a buyout of 40m in his last contract. At the time Chelsea were rumoured to be interested.
I wish we'd let him go. At those wages we can do much much better.

Home of Barca Fans