Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

There was an article I believe by one of the Seville Papers saying we communicated to Betis we won't exercise the buy option on Emerson this summer as he would take a Non-EU spot.

If you ask me I think it's worth gambling on giving him a Non-EU slot if Semedo ends up being sold. Sure there's Martinez but I'm in the camp where I think we should wait a bit and not go crazy and splash the cash on him.

JamDav1982

There was an article I believe by one of the Seville Papers saying we communicated to Betis we won't exercise the buy option on Emerson this summer as he would take a Non-EU spot.

If you ask me I think it's worth gambling on giving him a Non-EU slot if Semedo ends up being sold. Sure there's Martinez but I'm in the camp where I think we should wait a bit and not go crazy and splash the cash on him.

Emerson will be next summer but is there as an option going forward.

Not only non EU spot but Barca pay 9m and 40% of future profit as opposed to 6m and 20% next summer so wont happen.

serghei

What do we get in return? Who's our backup RB? Ridiculous if true.

You think the clowns at the club think that far ahead? :lol:

Semedo was the first option after Alba even at LB. If Alba is injured, which he is rather often, even the LB position is worrying if we sell Semedo. Firpo is terrible defensively.

JamDav1982

Semedo was the first option after Alba even at LB. If Alba is injured, which he is rather often, even the LB position is worrying if we sell Semedo. Firpo is terrible defensively.

No he wasnt the back up LB. Firpo is/was.

Semedo is bang average and not good enough on ball. Would bet Setien would turn to Roberto ahead of him eventually.

serghei

Roberto is as good. Take the 40ME and run ;P

Even if you think that, you need a back-up of similar quality.

No he wasnt the back up LB. Firpo is/was.

Semedo is bang average and not good enough on ball. Would bet Setien would turn to Roberto ahead of him eventually.

Yes, I already know your opinion about how average Semedo is.

No, Semedo played instead of Alba quite a few games, and did it better than Firpo. I would trust Semedo at LB more than Firpo. Bet most others would.

JamDav1982

Even if you think that, you need a back-up of similar quality.

Yes, I already know your opinion about how average Semedo is.

No, Semedo played instead of Alba quite a few games, and did it better than Firpo. I would trust Semedo at LB more than Firpo. Bet most others would.

No Firpo played more games at LB and was clearly the back up in that position more often.

Semedo is not even a great defender but has pace to get out of his poor positioning.

Firpo is by far the better LB even if started nervously at club. His season last year at Betis is better than anything Semedo has done in any of his three at Barca in his best position.

serghei

If you sell Semedo you would need both good back-up RB and LB. Because instead of Roberto and Alba we have no one who is trustworthy to play there.

Firpo has to improve immensely defensively. He is a machine error in defense.

JamDav1982

If you sell Semedo you would need both good back-up RB and LB. Because instead of Roberto and Alba we have no one who is trustworthy to play there.

Firpo has to improve immensely defensively. He is a machine error in defense.

Semedo is not a back up LB..... what planet are you on?

Can cover there in emergencies but cant get function properly on his own side let alone thinking can back up on LB.

For a nervous Firpo take him out sometime but not as a back up to rely on. No chance.

Vilarrubi

Firpo is terrible all round imo. Digne was better.

serghei

Firpo is terrible all round imo. Digne was better.

Tell that to JamDav. On his planet Firpo is at another level to Semedo. :facepalm:.

On current situation, if something happens to Alba and we have to play PSG or some other team similar to us, with players like Mbappe, you move Semedo LB and play Roberto RB.

JamDav1982

Tell that to JamDav. On his planet Firpo is at another level to Semedo. :facepalm:.

Firpo is the better LB and been the back up this season but had a poor season and be lucky if not sold.

Semedo being back up LB will not have any bearing on his future.

You want Semedo to stay and be back up on both sides? Or even worse Semedo the starting RB to be the back up LB?

Which one?

serghei

The only good fullbacks we have are Alba, Roberto, and Semedo. If you sell Semedo and buy no one you're going to be badly exposed every time there is injury or suspension to a starting fullback. It's fine if it happens vs Granada at home. But if it happens in key games, we're gonna be in deep shit.

Firpo is the better LB and been the back up this season but had a poor season and be lucky if not sold.

Semedo being back up LB will not have any bearing on his future.

You want Semedo to stay and be back up on both sides? Or even worse Semedo the starting RB to be the back up LB?

Which one?

I want a fullback signed if we sell Semedo. Of similar quality. Otherwise, you're making an already top heavy and bad defensive team even worse going into next season.

Home of Barca Fans