Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

Odriozola is basically like a poor mans right-footed Jordi Alba.

All pace but none of the intelligence to make use of his strengths to help limit the flaws.

El Gato

Villarato!
Odriozola is basically like a poor mans right-footed Jordi Alba.

All pace but none of the intelligence to make use of his strengths to help limit the flaws.

Well, he is 7 years younger. It's not as if Alba was automatically an improvement over a relatively decent player in Adriano either.

khaled_a_d

The main problem I see is that he is asked to match incredible high standards, the type of performances that Dani Alves (who has a case of being the best rightback of all time) used to put up. He is not compared with the other RBs on the market. If he was, people would realise he is for sure a top 5 RB in Europe at the moment. And the reason our rivals for CL title like PSG and Atletico were after him.

I don't see anyone that we could replace him with. I saw Odriozola's name thrown around here, as someone we should get for this position, before Madrid signed him. Man is a few levels worse than Semedo.

If anything, he is benefited from low standards from people hating Roberto there and wanting anyone to be better desperately.
I never saw anything to suggest that people even comparing him to Alves, for 2 years people gave him all the excuses tbh. This is the 1st year people are finally more neutral toward him.
That said, it is true the market for fullback in general is basically shit.

serghei

If anything, he is benefited from low standards from people hating Roberto there and wanting anyone to be better desperately.
I never saw anything to suggest that people even comparing him to Alves, for 2 years people gave him all the excuses tbh. This is the 1st year people are finally more neutral toward him.
That said, it is true the market for fullback in general is basically shit.

I disagree completely. He is a good player. Not a team in the world have certified world class players in every position, and since there is not a single world class right back out there anyway, I'd say complaining about Semedo all the time is pointless.

serghei

Well, he is 7 years younger. It's not as if Alba was automatically an improvement over a relatively decent player in Adriano either.

Alba 7 years ago was scoring in the Euro final vs Italy. The difference is like night and day. Odriozola is Montoya level.

El Gato

Villarato!
Alba 7 years ago was scoring in the Euro final vs Italy. The difference is like night and day. Odriozola is Montoya level.

Hey I didn't make the comparison, but if you feel that strongly about measuring which weener is longer then sure, Odriozola is probably some levels lower.

Then again, you're the one bringing up Euro success with an all-time great midfield generation as some individual benchmark of Alba's quality at 23. Dude was the only option in a time where Spain's only other fullbacks were Arbeloa and Juanfran after Capdevila got too old. A bit silly.

Last edited:

serghei

Hey I didn't make the comparison, but if you feel that strongly about measuring which weener is longer then sure, Odriozola is probably some levels lower.

Then again, you're the one bringing up Euro success with an all-time great midfield generation as some individual benchmark of Alba's quality at 23. Dude was the only option in a time where Spain's only other fullbacks were Arbeloa and Juanfran after Capdevila got too old. A bit silly.

What is silly? Alba at 23 was way superior to Odriozola at 23. End of discussion.

El Gato

Villarato!
What is silly? Alba at 23 was way superior to Odriozola at 23. End of discussion.

No need to dodge away from your rather retarded argument. That's not why I even replied to you. Being a part of Spain who happened to have no other choice and for less than a year ahead of national success says nothing about Alba at all.

PhilS

That was an encouraging game for this guy. He loosened up and played better as the game went on. That should help his confidence going into a much tougher test.

Danic

One missstep but otherwise really nice game. Well defended vs Sancho and some nice forward passes like in the end to Suarez.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The penalty wasn't that bad, but his lost ball that led to the counter attack was the real mistake in that play... While not bad, still the weakest link in our defense even if played out of position today which is not his fault...

Home of Barca Fans