Nelson Semedo

Cule4life

The Culest
no one would support semedo more in this team defensively than roberto in the midfield.

so idk how you guys think putting dembele's lazy ass infront of him would of helped semedo at all defensively.

semedo got his ass handed to him multiple times, some refs would of given a penalty as-well even with VAR.

Hahaha Dembele was defending his ass off today but Bob left Semedo alone many times. Do you even watch matches or just spout crap based on your preconceived opinions?

Nothanks

worked his ass off?
he is a lazy winger in terms of defending, he ran a lot but never pressed effectively only balls i think he got close to winning were clearance headers against modric.

roberto had to mark a midfielder and leftback on his own.

you're delusional if you think dembele is a harder worker than roberto in that aspect but sure lets ignore semedo's faults because of "lack of support"

YodaMaster

Some of the stuff in here is comical , I like the guy too but tonight he got tore apart all game by Vinicius. We better have a plan next game for this guy.

As I said, Semedo did have big troubles tonight. But what was the plan ? Why did Roberto play on the right ? Isn't Roberto supposed to be a workhorse ? Why the fuck did he abandon Semedo who had to cope with 2 young, quick and skillful players by himself. In a normal team, winger drops back to defense to help his full back. Here Roberto didn't do shit. Didn't attack, didn't defend. I don't know what he was doing. Semedo's task was to defend which he did meh today but he still is the one involved in one of the 3 goals.

Anyway, just imagine Roberto playing RB and defending alone vs Vinicius + Regulion... It would have been a horror movie. Give Semedo a real winger in front of him, and he'll excel.

Semedo still is the best RB we have right now, it's clear as a sunny day.

Raki13

As I said, Semedo did have big troubles tonight. But what was the plan ? Why did Roberto play on the right ? Isn't Roberto supposed to be a workhorse ? Why the fuck did he abandon Semedo who had to cope with 2 young, quick and skillful players by himself. In a normal team, winger drops back to defense to help his full back. Here Roberto didn't do shit. Didn't attack, didn't defend. I don't know what he was doing. Semedo's task was to defend which he did meh today but he still is the one involved in one of the 3 goals.

Anyway, just imagine Roberto playing RB and defending alone vs Vinicius + Regulion... It would have been a horror movie. Give Semedo a real winger in front of him, and he'll excel.

Semedo still is the best RB we have right now, it's clear as a sunny day.

Totally agree hes the best RB at the club , but tonight it wasnt any fault of anybody else that Vinicius made him look like a schoolboy all night. I am all for praising the guy but tonight he was a nightmare and hopefully we will figure out how to deal with this guy.

YodaMaster

no one would support semedo more in this team defensively than roberto in the midfield.

so idk how you guys think putting dembele's lazy ass infront of him would of helped semedo at all defensively.

semedo got his ass handed to him multiple times, some refs would of given a penalty as-well even with VAR.

Well you know, counter the opponent's offense with your own offense. Why in your opinion Regulion and Vinicius played this high on the pitch ? Because they had nothing to worry about defensively since our right wing is desert and putting Roberto on the RW won't solve that problem because that dude doesn't scare anyone.

With Dembele or Malcom on the RW, trust me Regulion wouldn't decide to play as a LW the whole game. Leaving Semedo with only Vinicius to deal with. That helps a lot.

Crazy that we have to explain basic stuff like this.

Nothanks

Semedo's biggest defensive talent is his ability to catch up to the winger after he inevitably misses his tackle
problem is vinicius is faster than him in acceleration / top speed so he got schooled..
semedo had a 29% successful tackle stat today.

malcom played infront of semedo in the first copa match, only difference was real madrid played a very out of form marcelo

YodaMaster

Totally agree hes the best RB at the club , but tonight it wasnt any fault of anybody else that Vinicius made him look like a schoolboy all night. I am all for praising the guy but tonight he was a nightmare and hopefully we will figure out how to deal with this guy.

Yup Vinicius does look like a special talent. I mean that doesn't explain Semedo's troubles. IMO Semedo didn't have a good game. But he did the best he could and I don't know if any other RB on the planet would have done significantly better tonight against that RM's left side.

Cule4life

The Culest
All things aside, you can't have a highway on your right wing like us, leaving your RB alone if you want to win CL. Elite teams will tear us apart.

Not many ppl know fictitious, but as he becomes more predictable, defenders will be better able to contain him.
If fictitious knew how to score a goal, we would have been in big trouble.
Can't ask for more while playing against Madrid in their own stadium and with all their key players healthy.

biraboyz

Banned
Looks like the fanboys can't stop mentioning Roberto's name and blaming why Vinicius roasting their boy Semedo. I'm not surprised :lol:

Arizona Scott

Fair and accurate. He played overconfident and was consistent toasted by a 19 year old. Not saying bench him, but it was obvious.

I expect him to be better in the Classico saturday and play with more measure and respect to his opponent. He is still learning how to play in the biggest matches of the year. Its all alright, and it is still very we have Bob to share the RB minutes. Bob isn't as good centrally as when he can focus on a side--doesn't see the field like a Busi, Rakitic, Modric or Kroos, but that is elite company in field sense and quick mental processing.

Porque

Lets be honest. The best fullbacks are going to have bad performances against excellent wingers. Vinicius had everything to torment any fullback in the world yesterday.

Semedo also is not very good in the 442 structure with Roberto ahead of him. That is two out of two where he has been poor in this setup. There isn't a midfielder close enough to him in midfield for triangles and Roberto can not offer any offensive width to take pressure of of Semedo.

It is a really negative setup and the result covers over the cracks that would have been exposed on another night.

One last thing. Dembele moves to the rightside, instantly combines with Semedo and assists our second goal. Coincidence? Not at all. Dembele is helping more in defence through offensively pushing Vinicius and Reguilon back 20 metres. Similar to what playing Malcom in the first leg achieved.

Ripsta

Seriously no redeeming qualities about this guy, always needs a touch to set himself, and always turns back into trouble.

I don't care if he's decent with the ball at his feet he's just not on the same wavelength as the others. Not good enough at all.

Home of Barca Fans