Nelson Semedo

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
You may not trust your own eyes but i do trust mine and will take their judgement over "stats" anyday.

Even Roberto's most hardcore groupies don't claim he's better in defense than Semedo but you...you're a special one aren't you :lol:

When has Semedo been folded like a lawnchair day in day out by any half decent attacker? When have teams consistently targeted our right flank and succeeded with Semedo playing like they do with Roberto every match? You wouldn't know that since you don't trust your eyes and your "stats" won't tell you that.

Valencia away last season, definitely. Guedes had fun with him. Kane also embarassed him in the CL this season. Can't recall anything else though, but I never meant that Semedo is horrible defensively. I said that he is not as good as he is praised by some.

Last edited:

serghei

Valencia away last season, definitely. Guedes had fun with him. Kane also embarassed him in the CL this season. Can't recall anything else though, but I never meant that Semedo is horrible defensively. I said that he is not as good as he is praised by some.

OK. So Semedo gets blamed for being turned at one play by a world class striker who was not his man, even though he completely shut down his direct opponent in Son, who did nothing all game.

Never mind Roberto blocking other players, like the strikers of the other team. He can't even handle his own man right in basic 1 vs 1 duels.

It's like completely different standards. Defensively Semedo is clearly a better fullback than Roberto, who still plays to this day like a makeshift RB.

Cule4life

The Culest

So you managed to come up with a grand total of 2 games. Nice :lol:

Bringing up a game from last season really? :lol: Here are the "stats" from that game. Shows Semedo wasn't that bad. And it was Valencia away and we only conceded 1 goal.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1222040/Preview/Spain-La-Liga-2017-2018-Valencia-Barcelona

And here are the highlights

[youtube]EHjFOIX2K9Q&vl=en[/youtube]

That Kane shot was still a great cutback from a top 3 striker. Roberto is getting destroyed by any half decent attacker.

Look i'm not claiming Semedo is the best damn RB in the world. But he has performed better than Roberto when given the chance and still been benched whenever Roberto is available.

Last edited:

Devils

Roberto is one of the easiest fullbacks to beat. All you have to do as a winger is charge at him and then cut in and he will be gone.

But the argument is "Roberto contributes so much more offensively"

Roberto is playing a defensive position, if he sucks defensively then he shouldn't play. Semedo automatically wins this battle because he plays the DEFENDING game better than Roberto.

I swear some people on here would be complaining about prime Abidal if he played for us today..."But he doesn't contribute enough offensively"

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Semedo is not the answer either. He's not any kind of beast defensively and offers nothing up-front. We need a new, quality, RB next season.

Cule4life

The Culest
Semedo is not the answer either. He's not any kind of beast defensively and offers nothing up-front. We need a new, quality, RB next season.

Why not give Semedo an extended run under the right system (our current system is a graveyard for RBs with an empty RW) before dismissing him?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why not give Semedo an extended run under the right system (our current system is a graveyard for RBs with an empty RW) before dismissing him?

He is non factor in build-up nevermind mentioning he has 0 assists in year and a half. Quality is just not there.

Cule4life

The Culest
He is non factor in build-up nevermind mentioning he has 0 assists in year and a half. Quality is just not there.

So many times Semedo has been in good positions and he has no one to link up with cos of the grannies in our squad slowly jogging into positions. Many times Semedo has made a run to be ignored by our players. Not to mention being benched whenever he starts to form some sort of rhythm with the team.

Look he might not be the answer, but i won't dismiss him until he gets a fair chance to prove himself. If only he was shown half the love Retardo shows to his stepson Bob.

George_Costanza

Semedo has an attitude problem, he comes late to training sessions, eats thick-crust pizza all day and plays Pubgi all night with his homies.

oh wait, that's not Semedo.

Danic

So isnt that something a good manager could easily fix?!
Its not like he hasnt the technical abilities. Just watch some benfica videos. Its not la liga but its easy to see he can deliver in the offense.
AND under valverdes system every RB in the world will have a tough time....

BBZ8800

Roberto is one of the easiest fullbacks to beat. All you have to do as a winger is charge at him and then cut in and he will be gone.

But the argument is "Roberto contributes so much more offensively"

Roberto is playing a defensive position, if he sucks defensively then he shouldn't play. Semedo automatically wins this battle because he plays the DEFENDING game better than Roberto.

I swear some people on here would be complaining about prime Abidal if he played for us today..."But he doesn't contribute enough offensively"

I have mentioned in the past that stats can be tricky and not telling the whole story (when DonAndres was saying that Thiago is a better defender than Rakitic, lol).
Anyway, look at what stats say:
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/90782/History/Sergi-Roberto
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/296363/History/N%C3%A9lson-Semedo
This season:
Attacking, Key passes:
Roberto 1,2
Semedo 0,4

Dribbles:
Semedo 0,9
Roberto 0,6

Defensive:
Tackles:
2018:
Roberto 1,2
Semedo 1,1
2017:
Roberto 2,1
Semedo 1,4

Interceptions:
2018:
Roberto 1,9
Semedo 1,1
2017:
Roberto 1,3
Semedo 0,9

Clearances:
2018:
Roberto 0,7
Semedo 0,7
2017:
Semedo 0,9
Roberto 0,8

Blocks:
2018:
Semedo 0,3
Roberto 0,1
2017:
Roberto 0,3
Semedo 0,1

Dribbled past per game (a negative stat):
2018:
Roberto 0,3
Semedo 0,1
2017:
Roberto 0,8
Semedo 0,5

So, Roberto is better in attack.
And in defense, Roberto is much better in interceptions.
Better in tackles also.
They are equal in clearances and blocks.
Semedo is ONLY less dribbled past per game.

All in all, stats imply:
Roberto is better in attacking phase.
And he is better in defending, except being dribbled past more often.

Oh, and:
Assists in the last 2 seasons:
Roberto 11
Semedo 0

So, as you see, Semedo can't win this duel "automatically"...

Last 2 seasons:
Semedo: 34 matches, 0 assists, key passes around 0,45 in Barca's career
Roberto: 51 matches, 11 assists, key passes around 0,8 in the last 2 seasons

In defensive stats, Roberto is also better, according to stats from above.

Last edited:

clemente

Stats don't show how good the teams were they played against, how many sitters Semedo provided and teammates missed them, overlapping runs made just to be ignored, preventing attack from happening just from being positioned well, catching players with insane pace to prevent them from advancing and scoring, etc etc...

[youtube]gKJ-2iRHQMk[/youtube]

Last edited:

biraboyz

Banned
I have mentioned in the past that stats can be tricky and not telling the whole story (when DonAndres was saying that Thiago is a better defender than Rakitic, lol).
Anyway, look at what stats say:
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/90782/History/Sergi-Roberto
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/296363/History/N%C3%A9lson-Semedo
This season:
Attacking, Key passes:
Roberto 1,2
Semedo 0,4

Dribbles:
Semedo 0,9
Roberto 0,6

Defensive:
Tackles:
2018:
Roberto 1,2
Semedo 1,1
2017:
Roberto 2,1
Semedo 1,4

Interceptions:
2018:
Roberto 1,9
Semedo 1,1
2017:
Roberto 1,3
Semedo 0,9

Clearances:
2018:
Roberto 0,7
Semedo 0,7
2017:
Semedo 0,9
Roberto 0,8

Blocks:
2018:
Semedo 0,3
Roberto 0,1
2017:
Roberto 0,3
Semedo 0,1

Dribbled past per game (a negative stat):
2018:
Roberto 0,3
Semedo 0,1
2017:
Roberto 0,8
Semedo 0,5

So, Roberto is better in attack.
And in defense, Roberto is much better in interceptions.
Better in tackles also.
They are equal in clearances and blocks.
Semedo is ONLY less dribbled past per game.

All in all, stats imply:
Roberto is better in attacking phase.
And he is better in defending, except being dribbled past more often.

Oh, and:
Assists in the last 2 seasons:
Roberto 11
Semedo 0

So, as you see, Semedo can't win this duel "automatically"...

Last 2 seasons:
Semedo: 34 matches, 0 assists, key passes around 0,45 in Barca's career
Roberto: 51 matches, 11 assists, key passes around 0,8 in the last 2 seasons

In defensive stats, Roberto is also better, according to stats from above.

/thread :lol: move on guys, Barca needs to buy a real and better RB.
Because if Semedo can't outperformed Roberto who's not a natural RB, how can he be a world class someday

Home of Barca Fans