Nelson Semedo

FCBfan22

It's always a risk to not include Semedo in the team even if he stays on the bench. What if Roberto has an injury? Does anyone expect Vidal to do a good job there? He played, maybe 5 good games in that position over the years. Imagine if Guedes catches a fantastic day. We're going to be turned inside out. Not to mention Pique is poor lately.

Guedes is injured. Still pretty high risk playing with only one good RB avalible. Even if Valverde plans to play Paco/Denis/Vidal on RW, I would much rather see only two of those included.

Sorin

Guedes is injured. Still pretty high risk playing with only one good RB avalible. Even if Valverde plans to play Paco/Denis/Vidal on RW, I would much rather see only two of those included.

Didn't know. Still a risk though. Gaya is pretty good going forward.

Anyway, hopefully Semedo picks up his form or understanding of the game or whatever it is that he's missing because we need an actual RB there. Roberto is not our long term option. If Semedo can't do it we have to buy another RB and it's a mess out there in terms of RB.

Jurij

I see a lot of Alves in him. But I think he needs to play full time for 5 games to really show the Alves level. He has it all to succeed but just does not play enough to show anything of note. He needs time to get to know the other players and then he will be extremely good for us.

M

MessiCam

The problem Semedo has and any future right back is that they will always be compared to Alves. That man was full back and midfielder in equal measure.

ASordidGod

Has to be injured, surely? Just don't see any up side to leaving him out of the squad entirely unless Valverde's given up on him completely. Which would be a mistake in my opinion. Semedo admittedly hasn't been as good as I was hoping for, technically, but even though he's been in and out, he's proven himself an upgrade defensively over Roberto, and that alone makes him worth perservering with. Not like we've any alternatives. Vidal? Joke of a right back. That B team kid who hasn't even made the bench? Even Roberto for me is not the future at RB, which means either we buy someone else - who? - or we give Semedo longer to adjust. I know what I'd do.

serghei

How can he not be in the squad if he's fit? It's just idiotic. OK, don't start him considering he started vs Alaves, but on the bench it's a no brainer.

clemente

I must be blind, he even is better than Roberto for me, not even gonna talk about Vidal. And I still think he is good offensively, I'm just speechless how he can be left out of the squad.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Roberto has been better, but I would like to see Valverde make more of an effort to integrate him into the team than leave him out of the squad every second game. If Roberto goes down we're left with Vidal who's a failed option and definitely not better than Semedo himself.

I like EV and what he's done, but he's been lucky that he's not been punished for playing with fire this season with injuries to his key players not heaping up despite them arguably being overplayed.

behindbrowneyes

Has to be injured, surely? Just don't see any up side to leaving him out of the squad entirely unless Valverde's given up on him completely. Which would be a mistake in my opinion. Semedo admittedly hasn't been as good as I was hoping for, technically, but even though he's been in and out, he's proven himself an upgrade defensively over Roberto, and that alone makes him worth perservering with. Not like we've any alternatives. Vidal? Joke of a right back. That B team kid who hasn't even made the bench? Even Roberto for me is not the future at RB, which means either we buy someone else - who? - or we give Semedo longer to adjust. I know what I'd do.

First and foremost Roberto needs games vs strong teams as practice for the tie against Chelsea since Semedo is banned there. He will play 90min.
So you have to decide between Digne, Semedo and Vidal. Digne makes sense since no one else can be a sub for Alba, Vidal makes sense because he offers an option for the offense and in case Roberto gets injured also can play as RB. Not that I rate him there, but it makes sense from the coaching POV.

Not even good enough to back up Roberto? Stupid fucking CUNT Valvelde. Now Roberto is all by himself with no back up while attacking/defending the Valencia bus/counter with a yellow. Stupid fucking cunt.

serghei

I don't like how Valverde is handling him. Started the season well, got benched for no good reason, now struggling to find continuity and is even out of the squad while players with no future in the team like Vidal start.

Guy bails us out of trouble with his speed every game several times. Many times helping our rather slow CBs. If his game doesn't click yet in offense, Valverde's solution to this is to ruin his confidence by leaving him out of the squad? Gotta be fucking kidding me.

Last edited:
He needs game time to get integrated, it will take some time but once he's fully adapted he'll be miles better than Roberto. Can't expect to play a new player coming into a different system sparsely and expect him to perform right away.

Sorin

He couldn't have been worse than Roberto tonight. Like seriously, keep him on the bench if you have to start Roberto but always have him as an option. What if the ref gave Roberto a red? We would have had to rely on Vidal to defend 9 against 10. Why is Valverde risking so much i don't know.

Zincubus

Banned
We need to start playing and integrating Samedo and sharpish .

Can you imagine SRoberto up against Hazard in the coming games !?!

Home of Barca Fans