Nelson Semedo

jairzinho

What logic? I am not making any suggestions here.

I am stating what i expect to happen and the reason why it will happen

Ok. You assert that he's too timid for the first eleven.

In that case, we shouldn't have any issues with benching both Raki and Saurez who have been worse.

I would go as far as saying that they've been worse than Semedo this season.

gasgas

Ok. You assert that he's too timid for the first eleven.

In that case, we shouldn't have any issues with benching both Raki and Saurez who have been worse.

I would go as far as saying that they've been worse than Semedo this season.

Yeah i agree but as far as i am concerned, we are on Semedo's thread.

Aren't we?

jairzinho

Yeah i agree but as far as i am concerned, we are on Semedo's thread.

Aren't we?

Of course we are mate.

What i'm getting at is that it seems we are prepared to give other players a free pass but we're not willing to cut Semedo some slack.

JamDav1982

Of course we are mate.

What i'm getting at is that it seems we are prepared to give other players a free pass but we're not willing to cut Semedo some slack.

No one is getting a free pass. In fact Suarez and Raki have had it far worse.

If the argument for Semedo is that other players are playing poorly as well then it is quite a lame one.

Suarez and Raki can have their own discussions and are not relevant to how Semedo is playing.

jairzinho

No one is getting a free pass. In fact Suarez and Raki have had it far worse.

If the argument for Semedo is that other players are playing poorly as well then it is quite a lame one.

Suarez and Raki can have their own discussions and are not relevant to how Semedo is playing.

Any casual observer would realize that Semedo does not have the same understanding and connection with Rakitic that Alba has with Iniesta for example.

So yes, there is a valid conversation to be had about Rakitic's form and Semedo's ability or lack thereof to flourish on the right side.

So to the informed observer, there is relevance as far as Raki's form is concerned with Semedo and the way he's been playing.

JamDav1982

Any casual observer would realize that Semedo does not have the same understanding and connection with Rakitic that Alba has with Iniesta for example.

So yes, there is a valid conversation to be had about Rakitic's form and Semedo's ability or lack thereof to flourish on the right side.

So to the informed observer, there is relevance as far as Raki's form is concerned with Semedo and the way he's been playing.

Albas best moment this season has not been due to any real connection with Iniesta though and as hard as Gomes/Raki/Deu have been to play with Roberto has looked far better doing it.

There is no valid comparison to Rakitic and Suarez when Roberto has managed with same players without any real great conection. Roberto has been doing better in similar positins in final third.

The informed observer can see Semedo is struggling particularly going forward and he needs to improve.

Regardless that was not your original argument of Raki and Suarez getting 'free passes' which they are not in any way.

jairzinho

Albas best moment this season has not been due to any real connection with Iniesta though and as hard as Gomes/Raki/Deu have been to play with Roberto has looked far better doing it.

There is no valid comparison to Rakitic and Suarez when Roberto has managed with same players without any real great conection. Roberto has been doing better in similar positins in final third.

The informed observer can see Semedo is struggling particularly going forward and he needs to improve.

Regardless that was not your original argument of Raki and Suarez getting 'free passes' which they are not in any way.

My original argument was that we 'seem' to be giving both Saurez and Raki alot of latitude as far as their poor play is concerned.

They've managed to retain their place in the starting 11 despite their suspect performances.

I then indicated that in that respect, we should at least be prepared to cut Semedo some slack as well especially as he's still adjusting.

If Saurez for example can be allowed to play himself into form, why not allow the same for Semedo.? The guy is new.

Saurez, Raki aside, the kid needs time to adjust.

Of couse the informed observer can see he's struggling.

But my main point here is there is valid correlation between Raki's form and Semedo struggling.

Of course, you would expect Roberto to do better under the same circumstances as he's had an entire season and more to acclimatize in that position and he understands how the team plays.

JamDav1982

My original argument was that we 'seem' to be giving both Saurez and Raki alot of latitude as far as their poor play is concerned.

They've managed to retain their place in the starting 11 despite their suspect performances.

I then indicated that in that respect, we should at least be prepared to cut Semedo some slack as well especially as he's still adjusting.

If Saurez for example can be allowed to play himself into form, why not allow the same for Semedo.? The guy is new.

Saurez, Raki aside, the kid needs time to adjust.

Of couse the informed observer can see he's struggling.

But my main point here is there is valid correlation between Raki's form and Semedo struggling.

Of course, you would expect Roberto to do better under the same circumstances as he's had an entire season and more to acclimatize in that position and he understands how the team plays.

Suarez and Rakitic have been by far the two most crticised players in the team this year so not sure where this idea of a free pass is from.

Them staying in the starting eleven despite poor performances has no relation to the poor performances of Semedo.

Semedo gets cut far more slack than those two.

Rakis form has been poor can still judge the performances of Semedo outwith that and could argue flipside of that it is harder for Raki as Semedo seems lost in final third.

The team played differently last season but I agree with you Roberto has been better than Semedo.

gasgas

Of course we are mate.

But you replied to my post instead of those users that give Rakitic or Suarez a free pass

Sorin

Have you guys noticed how many times he was ignored by the rest of the players when making a run? No wonder he thinks twice before advancing. Why bother wehn 95% of the time you won't get the ball. Better to stay back and cover on the defensive side.

FCBfan22

He was doing runs behind the defence, but our players ignored him and tried to go through the middle of defence. His movement in attacking possesions has improved massively, but the players don't trust him yet. Still, was pretty good tonight.

Sorin

Of course he does little he is fucking ignored most of the time. How do you want to see what he is capable off if when a 1-2 arises and he makes a run behind the defendres the recieving player does a 2 meter pass back instead of playing the 1-2 with Semedo. I swear, people expect him to take on 2 or 3 players everytime he has the ball at his feet. Only then he shows something going forward. Fecking Digne recieved more passes behind the defenders and he s no attacking genius either.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans