Munir El Haddadi

xXKonan

Dwau_NlXgAE1lnp.jpg

The Club to Munir.

Arizona Scott

Leo-Messi I agree with playing Malcolm in the CDR matches.

I don't agree with freezing out Munir or anybody because they won't extend. That is QSG behavior. Barca is an organization that let Pedro transfer even though they were very thin at the time and really kind of needed him. That is the way to operate as a club--and help contribute to a climate where you can land players like Rabiot on a free. Personally I don't think Barca will freeze him out--I am skeptical that would ever be their course of action (rhetoric perhaps), posturing to transfer now and get him to agree to another team, likely.

I am saying Munir, Paco, Denis Suarez, they all look much better off Barca than on it. None suck in general, just can't cut A+++ Barca standards.

PhilS

Being #5 or #6 forward for Barca are terrible jobs, you're just not going to beat out the likes of Messi, Suarez, Dembele and Coutinho. These four all need to play full-time, no manager in the world would sit any of them in favor of a less-talented player like Munir. Every year, most of the bottom few players on the roster should leave, these are just high-turnover jobs. It's a real fluke when one of these guys ever becomes a regular, the way Sergi Roberto has.

We don't know exactly why Munir has been told he won't even make the bench for the rest of this season. I doubt his contract is the reason, more likely his frame of mind and/or his level of play.

I think the best backup for Suarez is Pique. But Pique would need to get a few more games off at CB to be able sub every once in a while for Suarez.

Barcilliant

Being #5 or #6 forward for Barca are terrible jobs, you're just not going to beat out the likes of Messi, Suarez, Dembele and Coutinho. These four all need to play full-time, no manager in the world would sit any of them in favor of a less-talented player like Munir. Every year, most of the bottom few players on the roster should leave, these are just high-turnover jobs. It's a real fluke when one of these guys ever becomes a regular, the way Sergi Roberto has.

We don't know exactly why Munir has been told he won't even make the bench for the rest of this season. I doubt his contract is the reason, more likely his frame of mind and/or his level of play.

I think the best backup for Suarez is Pique. But Pique would need to get a few more games off at CB to be able sub every once in a while for Suarez.

Pique is OK as a last ditch option when we're behind in a game. Otherwise he's too static to be cf.

khaled_a_d

He wouldn't. But I agree it's a shit move.

It is a shit move but
-That is believing it is going to happen
-That EV actually rates him, and not only playing him b/c the club wanted him (Munir) to stay.
-That we aren't open in letting him go even for free.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Paco is objectively a better player than Munir.

Neither turned out to be good enough for Barca though, but Munir was never the solution. He doesn't have a single great trait a good striker for Barca or even a high quality team need as a potential starter.

Doesn't bring anything different to the table as a backup either.

We tend to overrate some of our players a lot. He had a couple of great performances in the UEFA Youth League and suddenly he was the next big thing. Bojan had a much better record than him for the youth teams and look how that turned out.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Minutes 18/19 - 213 min, 1 goal & 1 assist
Minutes 17/18 - 0 at Barca, 2621 min at Alaves, 14 goals & 7 assists
Minutes 16/17 - 0 at Barca, 2390 min at Valencia, 8 goals & 3 assists
Minutes 15/16 - 1634 min, 8 goals & 7 assists

He basically produced as well as any other attacking player for Barcelona apart from Leo & L.Suarez. His issue is that he is not a winger and objectively is 2 years younger and more technical than Paco. Moreover, Munir is a cantera player - should've been given more opportunity to prove what he could do here rather than use him as a commodity

xXKonan

A number of Catalan media outlets such as (Ara, Cat Radio, MD etc) are saying he will be sold to Sevilla this Month.

Home of Barca Fans