Munir El Haddadi

Arizona Scott

We have incredibly different interpretations of "setting the world on fire". Mbappe is doing that, not freaking Munir from 4-5 years ago. He was never anything special and it shows today. As for that one single and final call up for a friendly, it was to block him from potentially joining Morocco. Same story with Bojan 6 years prior.

We will figure that out in 5 years time. My previous points remain the same though. Ruiz and Mújica would likely contribute with as much as Munir has "contributed" with this season so far which is setting the bar incrediby low.

Munir had a not just good but outstanding youth career and has played decently for a La Liga team. He isn't Barca quality but doesn't suck. If either Ruiz or Mujia gets to his level, it is far more a surprise than likely, and huge surprise if they ever contribute meaningfully as a Barca player. And no I don't think either should play a round of 8 match in CDR vs La Liga opposition.

Seeing what Munor did last year at Alaves, or Paco before/after his Barca stint, should give some perspective of how good you need to be to be a forward on Barca. And off topic, but how completely underrated Suarez is on this board--like we would stick any ole forward out there to bang out >20 goals and 10+ assists season after season.

Messi983

According to Sport we are considering releasing Munir in January.

I don't want us to turn into PSG and punish players that won't renew by keeping them outside of the match squad for the whole season so this decision would make sense if Valverde has really decided to not playing him again. I would still keep him until the end of this transfer window and give him a chance in 2-3 Copa games but that's unlikely. It remains to be seen if Munir will agree to rescind his contract. If he has a deal with Sevilla would they sign him now if he's released? They've loaned Muriel so they probably need another forward. But if they won't then he probably won't want to be without a club for 6 months.

Anyway, we've handled this Munir situation really poor. I've said last summer we should've sold him when his value was higher coming off a good season with Alaves. We would probably get around 5M or maybe more but club insisted on unrealistic 20M asking price. Or they should renew his contract for 2-3 seasons so we could sell him now. But keeping him on expiring contract and then acting surprised when he decided not to renew after not playing much even when Suarez was injured was just a bad decsion.

edit: And now Sport is reporting we're negotiating with Sevilla to "sell" Munir in January. At the same time the club is looking to sign his replacement on loan (possibly with a buy option).

khaled_a_d

Anyway, we've handled this Munir situation really poor. I've said last summer we should've sold him when his value was higher coming off a good season with Alaves. We would probably get around 5M or maybe more but club insisted on unrealistic 20M asking price. Or they should renew his contract for 2-3 seasons so we could sell him now. But keeping him on expiring contract and then acting surprised when he decided not to renew after not playing much even when Suarez was injured was just a bad decsion.

I don't think we had offers for Munir, he was a player with 1 year left in contract and no one wanted to pay for him and likely he wanted to wait in order to have freedom to choose where he goes.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If he is adamant to leave, let's make a deal with Sevilla to sell him this month instead of letting him go for free.

If not, I don't think we need to be as harsh as PSG to banish him to the stands but he should not be given any opportunities ahead of the likes of other options like Malcom between now and June.

Sorin

So some people were outraged at PSG for sending Rabiot to the stands, but are ok with us doing the same to Munir? Why the double standards? I don't even rate the guy but still, don't be the same kind of bitches as PSG.

Just keep him on the bench in case something happens to Suarez or play him before the CL games if the opposition is easier.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

I think there is a difference because Rabiot is actually good enough to help PSG. Now with Munir his playing time would still mostly be an investment into his development since he still isn't a finished player.

Like he could help us, just by playing so we can rest Suarez but realistically that's a sub here and there and then some Copa games. I wouldn't say "never play him a minutes again because he dares to leave us" but if we find other solutions then it's the right thing to not invest minutes on an unfinished player that won't stay anyway.

I feel PSG are hurting themselves way more just to get back at Rabiot while we don't lose much so it's a bit of a different situation imo. Their midfield isn't that deep/strong anyway, not having Rabiot when for example Verratti is injured could be a serious problem while Munir most likely wouldn't play even if Suarez was out.

Last edited:

Ascom

according to some reports Barça is in the market to sign a replacement for Munir. They want to make a similar deal to what was done with Murillo. Na experienced player, who is okay to be benched and knows the spanish league.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Shitty move it the won't play again till summer thing is true. I don't like it, let the guy go in January

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Fuck Valverde. Nothing with Munir's decision to leave in the summer. It is his right to deny a contract extension.
And he would have been a valuable option in the upcoming Copa del Rey games.

Leo_Messi

Munir had a not just good but outstanding youth career and has played decently for a La Liga team. He isn't Barca quality but doesn't suck. If either Ruiz or Mujia gets to his level, it is far more a surprise than likely, and huge surprise if they ever contribute meaningfully as a Barca player. And no I don't think either should play a round of 8 match in CDR vs La Liga opposition.

Seeing what Munor did last year at Alaves, or Paco before/after his Barca stint, should give some perspective of how good you need to be to be a forward on Barca. And off topic, but how completely underrated Suarez is on this board--like we would stick any ole forward out there to bang out >20 goals and 10+ assists season after season.

Outstanding? Are you kidding? Look, I don't think that Ruiz or Mújica will make it here either nor do I have a great eye for either but I have no doubt in my mind that they could offer a lot of what Munir has been offering this season which is hardly anything at all. At least those two would fight for the shirt every single time and run. Not be as mobile as a statue. Now with Munir refusing to prolong his contract, which would only be a symbolic gesture as he will be gone this summer regardless, there is no point playing a very mediocre player. Moreover a player that does not want to stay at the club. So yes, giving garbage minutes to Ruiz and Mújica won't make any difference. At the worst they will be just as bad. At best they will show something useful. It's a win-win situation if you ask me.

Not only that I prefer 1 billion times more to give Malcom playing time rather than freaking Munir. Malcom can easily do a much better job as a Suárez substitute than Munir can ever dream about doing. Not only that Malcom is 2 years younger and we paid 40+ million euros for him. How about playing him as often as possible? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans