Munir El Haddadi

Devils

It's a shame we could never get a the best out of Paco, because from a talent perspective, he's 10x the player Munir is.

xXKonan

I said it in the chat but despite the play time he got here a couple of seasons ago and the loan moves, what baffles me that his Hold up play didn't improve much if not at all.

Givenchy

It's a shame we could never get a the best out of Paco, because from a talent perspective, he's 10x the player Munir is.

did Paco ask to leave? cause if he didn't.. WTF were we thinking?

if we lose Suarez or his form hits rock bottom again we will have this guy upfront.. let that sink in :lol:

xXKonan

did Paco ask to leave? cause if he didn't.. WTF were we thinking?
If we are going by the rumors, it was reported that he didn't want to leave at first but it seems Valverde decided that Munir was the one to backup Suarez this season so Paco didn't have much of a choice.

We're getting money out of Paco leaving but we are still stuck with Munir who the club wants to give a Contract extension to.

Givenchy

If we are going by the rumors, it was reported that he didn't want to leave at first but it seems Valverde decided that Munir was the one to backup Suarez this season so Paco didn't have much of a choice.

We're getting money out of Paco leaving but we are still stuck with Munir who the club wants to give a Contract extension to.

what a suprise :facepalm:

Andresito

Staff member
Players like Munir and Paco need to build up form with regular play time whereas an older striker has instincts that don't need to be warmed up.

So as I see it there are two alternatives:
1. A very talented striker who rotates with the main one a lot. Like Gabriel Jesus & Agüero
2. An experienced feller who has been banging them in during many years, but who's willing to accept less playing time due to the main one mostly playing. Henke Larsson being a great example.

The thing we have now, with a kinda 'meh' striker clearly doesn't work.
Can't really expect much from players who are far from their potential while also getting very few chances to reach it.

xXKonan

Paco was closer to being a poacher and did not quite fit the system, but in terms of pure talent and attributes, I still have seen him as the much superior player overall than Munir even if Paco wasn't playing very much.

Munir was good in this youth days and showed promise but he never quite lived up to the hype he had sadly. He's still young though and things could change but I doubt he will ever end up being more than just a squad player at this point.

Trickykid

I wanted to offload them both if we got a replacement, sadly we didn't.

Meaning you, I or anyone else had zero clues about Paco blowing up at Dortmund like he has. And yet here we are with people either laughing at EV for sticking with Munir or raging at our club for selling Paco for pocket change, even though the very same people would've taken the money and ran a mere 3-4 months back.

Home of Barca Fans