Moussa Wague

Devils

EV confirmed that he would be invovled in the first team from January!

Incredible, like a new signing!

wisconsincule

I’m very interested to see if he actually tries to use him or not. When Bob comes back I’m sure he will be shoe horned into the starting 11. Hopefully Wague can see some Copa minutes.

xXKonan

[tw]1076148851055177728[/tw]

Marcal Lorente says, Valverde wanted to count on him more but due to Wague's bureaucratic issues, he couldn't. So there's a good chance he will be used once he's cleared to go in January.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Looking forward to it. I want to see if he can be a proper 2 way right back unlike Roberto who is horrible 1v1 and Semedo who is absent offensively. And if he features regularly with the 1st team then we get to see more of Morey with the B team (who looks like a truly special offensive talent).

Problem is that since Roberto/Semedo are both gonna be fit by then, I doubt Wague plays much if at all. Maybe in 1 CDR leg here or there, I doubt he has more than 1-2 appearances for us this season. Which means that he'll just be training/benched with the first team or go back to the B team (where Morey will be benched).

Ideally, I'd like to see him get a couple of Liga appearances along with the CDR and, if he performs well, just keep feeding him opportunities. We need to understand that neither Roberto or Semedo are the answer and it's more important to flesh out a potential replacement than just keep going with the way things are.

xXKonan

What is his potential? He is already good enough to play for Barca?
All we know so far is that he's definitely too good for Barca B. Which isn't surprising considering he's already played a decent amount at the top level in Belgium and featured 12 times for Senegal and even played in the World Cup and scored a goal.

Not sure how he will pan out at the top but I reckon, Valverde will probably feel a bit more comfortable playing him in some games compared to someone like Miranda who is younger and doesn't have any of the experience Wague has.

FinBarcelonafan

All we know so far is that he's definitely too good for Barca B. Which isn't surprising considering he's already played a decent amount at the top level in Belgium and featured 12 times for Senegal and even played in the World Cup and scored a goal.

Not sure how he will pan out at the top but I reckon, Valverde will probably feel a bit more comfortable playing him in some games compared to someone like Miranda who is younger and doesn't have any of the experience Wague has.

Sounds good! The world doesn't have enough RB talent.

xXKonan

DvqR9emWkAATljF.jpg

Trained with the first team today.

Leo_Messi

Expected but nevertheless great news. I have high hopes for this kid as he has impressed me whenever I have watched him in action this season. It should not be the hardest challenge in his life to give Semedo and Roberto a bit of competition. Of course Valverde will have the final say but he obviously sees something in him as well.

soul24rage

I don't expect him to feature in any of the first team games this season unless there are some la liga games left if there is a new victor before the season is over.
EV will most likely play either Bob or Semedo in the Copa games.
I hope that he plays some games next season and really challenge the RB spot.

Leo_Messi

I don't expect him to feature in any of the first team games this season unless there are some la liga games left if there is a new victor before the season is over.
EV will most likely play either Bob or Semedo in the Copa games.
I hope that he plays some games next season and really challenge the RB spot.

If Valverde was lesser of a coward and not too obsessed about short-sighted goals and results, a player like Wague, could easily start in at least a few CdR games or at least play a few minutes here and there. Likewise in easier league games at the Camp Nou. It's not like either Semedo or Sergi Roberto are world beaters.

xXKonan

Wague can handle some CDR games and league games.

He may be 20 but he has quite a bit of top-level experience and the guy even played at the World Cup.

Home of Barca Fans