Most Underrated Player in the Modern Era

soul24rage

If it happens once, it's annoying but it is what it is. This is football.

When it happens 3 times a row in 3 consecutive finals, then constructive criticisms are warranted.

Temptation

3 lungs Park wasn't ever gonna mark peak Messi out of the final though. Ferguson was wrong in that assessment.

The only player I saw shut down peak dribbling young Messi was the washed up Nesta. Think Prime Nesta would have done the trick. Prime Maldini too coz he was an LB and Messi cuts in front the right.

Temptation

My last post brings me to present Nesta as an underrated Footballer in all time convos nowadays.

The way Nesta at retirement age coped with Messi the dribbler's peak was beyond words. Best I have seen anyone handle him one on one back when he was nearly unplayable.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

3 lungs Park wasn't ever gonna mark peak Messi out of the final though. Ferguson was wrong in that assessment.

The only player I saw shut down peak dribbling young Messi was the washed up Nesta. Think Prime Nesta would have done the trick. Prime Maldini too coz he was an LB and Messi cuts in front the right.
Which match do you mean? The one against Milan in 11/12? In 07/08 or 10/11 Messi was better than 11/12 in dribbling imo

khaled_a_d

In the past 25 years:
Christian Vieri, at his peak he was a Halaand of his era, a proper big poacher (Halaand took it to another level though) most expensive player in history at some point but totally forgotten nowadays. his team achievements are underwhelming so that doesn't help, and he was done by the time youtube and social media was a big thing.

Rory

Higuain fairly criticised for missing sitters. Any professional footballer let alone striker would love the chances he had to score and potentially win an international trophy. Criticism is fair but not the constant abuse he got.

Nesta one of the most highly regarded defenders of all time. Not underrated in the slightest.

Home of Barca Fans