Most promising youngster that flopped?

SeloBarca

How has Deulofeu flopped before even being allowed to play a single game for the first team, and before the age of 21?

He was overhyped, didnt manage to get into first team, and has been loaned out for 2 years. Hes not bad, but not as good as the hype said he was.

L

linetty

I don't think there's anyone on this forum that flip flops their opinion as much as you do. Literally go from unwavering support to writing players off within the span of a few games. This is from earlier this season:

And I could probably observe the same change in opinion on the likes of Roberto, Rafinha, Bartra, etc. if I bothered to look. Learn the difference between current form/performance and inherent ability.
I meant hyped in general, not by me :lol: I fell in love with him but a general opinion on the forum is that even Sandro is better so he can't flop in eyes of many, because he's not that good in eyes of many.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I meant hyped in general, not by me :lol: I fell in love with him but a general opinion on the forum is that even Sandro is better so he can't flop in eyes of many, because he's not that good in eyes of many.

Doesn't sound like you meant that. Taking your post at literal value says that you think Munir was never really that good and not a world class prospect. Opinions can adjust with circumstance in observation of how players are doing, especially with players whose performance/output is highly elastic (Pique, Busi, etc.). People can even change their overall opinions of players with new realizations. What's less credible though, is some revisionist b/s that changes the entire history of a player based on how they are doing now. I'm sure that if Munir plausibly picks up his goalscoring form at the B team (he's still 19 years old and his young career is much more impressive than most) he'll turn into a "beast" or a "world class prospect" again as if his level of natural talent has been wildly changing. Yet right now since he's in a bad spell caused by a tough position between footballing tiers, he's an average prospect.

It's the equivalent of saying that Suarez was never that deadly of a striker just because he's misfiring right now for Barca. Which is a pretty convenient example because:

/thread

Those who claim Aguero is better than Suarez must be blind.

Aguero is probably better than Suarez when fit or at least would have been a better fit for Barca.

People do have drastic opinion changes of players, I'll concede to that on more than one occasion (one which is pretty infamous on here :lol:). I just don't see the whole revisionist stance taken as often by anyone as it is with you.

Zangash

Banned
He was overhyped, didnt manage to get into first team, and has been loaned out for 2 years. Hes not bad, but not as good as the hype said he was.

He's 20 years old.

20. You wanna know who else hasn't gotten into the first team at the age of 20? Sergi Samper. Is he a flop as well then? Or do his two loan spells somehow make him more of a failure than if he'd have stayed with Eusobio and played in a division that offered him no challenge?

L

linetty

People do have drastic opinion changes of players, I'll concede to that on more than one occasion (one which is pretty infamous on here :lol:). I just don't see the whole revisionist stance taken as often by anyone as it is with you.
Everything can change within a span of almost a year.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

It's okay Don, Aspas's form in the Copa del Rey shows that he is on his way towards redeeming your tarnished name.

khaled_a_d

Bojan and Soriano

Soriano؟Jonathan Soriano?the guy joined Barca B from 3rd division Albacete when he was 24 ,he was a youngster here ,he is a hard worker who probably was Barca B best player for us b4 moving to Salzburg where he is doing very well
the kid is a bit overachiever if anything

FiReFTW

Can someone tell me more about this babangida? I watched a vid on youtube and he seems to have really great technique and skills, what happened to him? He was super talented then what?

Home of Barca Fans