Most promising youngster that flopped?

DucdeOrléans

Yeah, Haruna Babangida surely tops the list.

His current Wikipedia page;

"Haruna Babangida (born 1 October 1982 in Kaduna) is a Nigerian footballer who currently is free agent.

Babangida is a hard working, quick right wing who can also play on the left side."

Hillarious description.:lol:

Apart from that, what a enourmous flop that Mourad Meghni was, considering all the hype in the French media.

AzaR

Assulin.

After seeing Assulin flop it makes me so happy that Thiago has made the progress that he has in recent times.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't know about flop, but Bojan has definitely become a mega flop.

Assulin would be the G(a)iga flop.

Don't hype people, don't hype them up so much.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I can't believe Marcotti once described Mahamamou Diarra as an "outrageously talented offensive midfielder". :lol:

:lol:

Well, to be fair then a lot of teams wanted him when he was at Lyon before he eventually went to Real Madrid on Capello's request, but as a defensive midfielder ofc :p

raskolnikov

Freddy Adu? playing in serbia:lol: back when at the youth wc everyone expected him to shine and he was already flopping, while Messi bossed it.

khaled_a_d

Jose Carlos Terrón is by far biggest flop
Guy was called next Ayala when he was 16,Spain&France were fighting for him but he decided not to play for either to weight his options
where is he now? UB CONQUENSE in 3rd division ,
when of the most career epic fails I've ever seen ,feel sorry for the kid though he have a really gorgous GF (I followed him few weeks on twitter)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Fair bit of hype on Muniesa, a player who seemed to be a lock for the first team yet never truly developed into 'the next Puyol'...hair maybe but just a solid player, no worse than Oleguer

khaled_a_d

Fair bit of hype on Muniesa, a player who seemed to be a lock for the first team yet never truly developed into 'the next Puyol'...hair maybe but just a solid player, no worse than Oleguer

Muniesa career was hindered by injuries since he was 15,injury after injury after injury .it was like Puyol post 2010 might be even worse.the fact that he is still a footballer while playing in a top level like the EPL is quit impressive considering all the lost time in his development
Which is whhy I picked Terron,he was even rated higher than Minisia back between 2006-2008 but even failed to make it to Barca B

Home of Barca Fans