Most Overrated Player in the Modern Era

Temptation

Maybe, but when Suarez wasn't worldclass, he was at least still decent. Özil out of form was a waste of a plane seat.

Do you mean Ozil in general is rated higher than players like Muller coz of his peak?

Also Muller's ugly/awkward style of play as compared to Ozil's artistic style.

Temptation

I present another candidate for this thread.

My post from the underrated thread:

Maybe also Benzema, his link-up with Cristiano and unselfishness has been one of the keys for Real madrids cl wins

He used to be underrated. Just transitioned into insanely overrated in the last few years. Amongst generational players his career looks like that of a 1 season wonder. Sticks out like a sore thumb!

Pre 2020, likes of Ibrahimovic, Aguero, Aubameyang, Cavani were considered superior. Benzema was known as a meme player/defensive striker who missed chances for fun and was CR7's lackey.

Football fans have short memories.

Yannik

Do you mean Ozil in general is rated higher than players like Muller coz of his peak?

Also Muller's ugly/awkward style of play as compared to Ozil's artistic style.

Not just Müller, Özil is by many somehow rated higher than guys like Kroos or Neuer even.
Also the amount of times I've seen people claim he majorly contributed to the WC2014. He had 1 positive game against Algeria.

It is aesthetics I guess, but also his "political activism" I guess that creates this narrative around him. Plus he played for 2 clubs with very reactionary fans.

Temptation

Not just Müller, Özil is by many somehow rated higher than guys like Kroos or Neuer even.
Also the amount of times I've seen people claim he majorly contributed to the WC2014. He had 1 positive game against Algeria.

It is aesthetics I guess, but also his "political activism" I guess that creates this narrative around him. Plus he played for 2 clubs with very reactionary fans.

Muslims love him coz he's religious and opinionated af. This is why players like Ozil, Benzema and Salah(yup, love him but have seen Arabs call him the new Messi; world class player and our legend though) are overrated on social media.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Muslims love him coz he's religious and opinionated af. This is why players like Ozil, Benzema and Salah(yup, love him but have seen Arabs call him the new Messi; world class player and our legend though) are overrated on social media.

Who is religious?

Temptation

Who is religious?
Talking about Ozil here with Yannick. Think it's pretty clear.

He got a lot of support when he spoke out on political issues while at Arsenal.

I remember the club didn't like him speaking on such issues and there was the whole controversy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Talking about Ozil here with Yannick. Think it's pretty clear.

He got a lot of support when he spoke out on political issues while at Arsenal.

I remember the club didn't like him speaking on such issues and there was the whole controversy.
Ah I see.

That was typical double standards you see nowadays.

Temptation

Ah I see.

That was typical double standards you see nowadays.

Well I just vaguely remember that Ozil spoke on some religious, political issues and Arsenal were just firmly against that.

Don't recall the exact details of what exactly was said and why it was so offensive to Arsenal.........

Temptation

R9 in all time conversations.

The guy has absolutely ZERO longevity and yet due to Nostalgia Bias, Brazilian Tax certain people rate him as best striker ever.

Before the talent argument takes over, lemme remind you Ben Arfa had insane talent. Where do we rate him then?

Horatio

You're welcome

The guy has absolutely ZERO longevity and yet due to Nostalgia Bias, Brazilian Tax certain people rate him as best striker ever.

Before the talent argument takes over, lemme remind you Ben Arfa had insane talent. Where do we rate him then?
Why you fled from the tennis thread dawg

L3v1s

Lol, Ben Arfa in the same sentence with R9. What's next, Cavani was better than him?

Temptation

Lol, Ben Arfa in the same sentence with R9. What's next, Cavani was better than him?

There's levels to this obviously but why are what ifs having such a strong impact in all time convos?

Ben Arfa and Quaresma are examples of insane talent and natural ability but nothing to show for it......

jamrock

Ronaldo is no what if, he's just easily top 5 striker of all time, whatever 5 anyone wants to name, he will be one of them.

The only what if with Ronaldo, is if he stayed fit, he'd probably be the goat.

But no what ifs even with injuries as to his overall greatness.

Home of Barca Fans