Mohamed Salah

Jenks

Egypt won't win it, but they could over-perform thanks to Salah, and that could be enough if he wins the Champions League too.

khaled_a_d

Would also cost like 250m.

Definitely breaking Neymar's WR fee.

This guy is having the best individual season since the Messi-CR duopoly started.

No, there isn't a single player on the market that would break Neymar fee.
That fee was paid by oil club to young and 2nd most marketable player on the planet. Salah won't come close. more of 150M + add ons.
But he won't leave this summer.

Would Salah fit into this team? I prefer him to Griezmann any day.

If we play 433 again and uses Messi as false 9 I think Salah would fit like a glove on right side with Dembele moving to left side. But if we stick to the 442/4231 hybrid I don't see it at all

SeloBarca

Salah to break the Messi - “The Arrogant One” Ballon d’Or run?

Ballon has become more and more of a PR jippo.
Its not about who plays the best anymore.

There have been a couple of times the last 10 years neither Messi nor Ronaldo should have won but did anyways becouse of who they are.

Here in Europe, we view and have acces to alot more variety of football then in other continents.
Most people that knows anything about football in the world knows the names Messi and Ronaldo, but many countries in Asia and America dont know Salah, yet.

Barca83

Banned
No, there isn't a single player on the market that would break Neymar fee.
That fee was paid by oil club to young and 2nd most marketable player on the planet. Salah won't come close. more of 150M + add ons.
But he won't leave this summer.

If we play 433 again and uses Messi as false 9 I think Salah would fit like a glove on right side with Dembele moving to left side. But if we stick to the 442/4231 hybrid I don't see it at all

150m is basically what Coutinho went for; Salah would cost at least as much as Neymar

JohnS

Again, he won't touch that Neymar record,. The marketability of Neymar would make huge difference alone. And Cou went for 120M + variables
My understanding is that Coutinho went for 140 + million pounds. Since when did the previous transfer record stop anyone with money breaking it for the right player?

khaled_a_d

My understanding is that Coutinho went for 140 + million pounds. Since when did the previous transfer record stop anyone with money breaking it for the right player?

Last yea was the 1st time world record broken in two consecutive year, it is very unlikely to be broken again next season considering that Neymar deal was twice the previous all time record (the 1st 4 deal was either for PSG, or PSG money used in it).
Coutinho deal is 120M + 40 variables. around 20M is gonna be paid most likely.
And again, Salah -whom non here will come close to being his biggest fan as me considering he is national hero here- isn't as marketable as Neymar who is only 2nd to Cr7 in that regard.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Last yea was the 1st time world record broken in two consecutive year, it is very unlikely to be broken again next season considering that Neymar deal was twice the previous all time record (the 1st 4 deal was either for PSG, or PSG money used in it).
And again, Salah -whom non here will come close to being his biggest fan as me considering he is national hero here- isn't as marketable as Neymar who is only 2nd to Cr7 in that regard.

Salah can have a massive impact in the ME and North Africa, or heck most of the Muslim-majority countries.

If he has another season like this Liverpool are not letting him go for less than a WR fee as he would surpass Neymar, Hazard, Dybala and everyone else like that.

JohnS

Salah is a muslim. They have no footballers worldwide who are at his level and if you think Arab oil money is afraid of 350 million then think again. He may not be very marketable in Europe but in many many places he is way ahead of Neymar. I suppose all will be revealed in another couple of years if he keeps his level of play up to the present standard

khaled_a_d

Salah is a muslim. They have no footballers worldwide who are at his level and if you think Arab oil money is afraid of 350 million then think again. He may not be very marketable in Europe but in many many places he is way ahead of Neymar. I suppose all will be revealed in another couple of years if he keeps his level of play up to the present standard

You do realise I an from Egypt? Man 70% of Muslim population aren't Arabs and vast majoeity are from countries that doesn't care about football
Being Muslim didn't increase market value of Benzema,Zidane, Yaya,Kanoute,Mahrez etc
And what oil money? psg are paying Mpabbe this year and many rumours about FFP issue,never mind there is zero chance he will move there for obvious political reasons( Qatar is state enemy of Egyptian government atm)
City doesn't pay woeld records, they prefer few expensive players over one

Salah can have a massive impact in the ME and North Africa, or heck most of the Muslim-majority countries.

If he has another season like this Liverpool are not letting him go for less than a WR fee as he would surpass Neymar, Hazard, Dybala and everyone else like that.

No he doesn't, easy to get decived like this if you are out of the region.
As I said he won't have effect on Muslim countries, and in ME?
Well being from country that has 20% of Arab world population helps,but it is a country that has a currency losing 100% of its value 18 months ago. Rest of countries would like him a bit but not enough to increase value
Also there is rivalry within, for example almost every tweet he makes he will get replies from Algerians about Mahrez being the better player.
You can never rely on ME economy for marketing purpose as you think. Outside of Facebook it won't make much difference

Home of Barca Fans