Mohamed Salah

Morten

He isnt going to win the ballon dor in a WC year, because he plays for Egypt, at least Portugal/Argentina can make it far.
If Ney Ney leads Brazil to victory, who has a better team than either Portugal/Argentina anyways, he will probably take it, doesnt matter if he has been irrelevant for half a year.
Otherwise, Messi/Ronaldo again.

Givenchy

We agree to disagree on that. I always value goals, assists and performance that matter.

Leo won Copa Del Rey + Liga, and performed in both competition amazingly.
What is Salah gonna win ? In England, well, not the league (don't know if Lvpool is this playing FA/Carling Cup). In Europe ? I just think that their shaky defense won't be good enough to beat CR7 & co.

However, I really like Salah and if I had to choose a player to win a Bdor after Messi & CR7, it would clearly be him. He looks really humble and isn't a marketing product like Neymar.

actually I do agree a domestic double is a great achievement but it seems like most people don't give a crap and lap up the CL, even cules. I think the football world is bored of seeing the Messi-Ronaldo duopoly and Salah is certainly a likeable guy. his popularity in Egypt is amazing.

Salah is having the best individual season in the PL era at a club who don't spend as much as United/City/Chelsea. Ronaldo doesn't deserve a Ballon d'or for playing half a season.

jamrock

He is better than Messi & Ronaldo this season, more impactful than both.

Yes Messi won the league and? What does that really matter.

The man as had a incredible impact this season, if messi was playing like he was and ended the seaone without winning anything, everyone would be saying Messi is the best player that season.

If Madrid get to the CL final against I'll bet my house Liverpool will win, so he will win something this season if the results go right.

Anyone who doesn't think he is the best player in the world this season, is stupid that's right I said it big deal wanna fight about it

Sterlingfan2000

He isnt going to win the ballon dor in a WC year, because he plays for Egypt, at least Portugal/Argentina can make it far.
If Ney Ney leads Brazil to victory, who has a better team than either Portugal/Argentina anyways, he will probably take it, doesnt matter if he has been irrelevant for half a year.
Otherwise, Messi/Ronaldo again.
Neymar and Messi out of World cup in 1/8 final and Salah to win CL

Then he will get it

Devils

He is better than Messi & Ronaldo this season, more impactful than both.

Yes Messi won the league and? What does that really matter.

The man as had a incredible impact this season, if messi was playing like he was and ended the seaone without winning anything, everyone would be saying Messi is the best player that season.

If Madrid get to the CL final against I'll bet my house Liverpool will win, so he will win something this season if the results go right.

Anyone who doesn't think he is the best player in the world this season, is stupid that's right I said it big deal wanna fight about it

Not denying that he hasn't been the most impactful player for his team. But you do have to consider the reason why Liverpool didn't do so well in domestic competitions was that they bottled it against so many minnow teams in both EPL, FA and EFL cup.

In ou case Messi was dragging Barca across the finish line against most of team equivalent to those that Liverpool couldn't overcome.

Messi has a domestic double 98% sealed. Salah could still end up trophy less

But I agree with you when it comes to CL.

George_Costanza

We'd have to build our new Camp Nou stadium and then sell it to finance that operation.

If you have a WC manager who has a clear vision, you will get some players cheap before they become WC. Mo Salah cost only 42m. Watch how Naby Keita becomes better than Kante next season for just 60M.

SeloBarca

Lets say in a dream world, if we manage to sell all the players on loan, rafinha etc, then sell our deadweight players like gomes, paco etc, and sell dembele for 100m, i wonder if that would be close.
Even if hes the best in the world right now, 300m is just to much for any player, there has to be some limit. Imo FIFA and UEFA should come up with some limit to how much a player can cost.

El Gato

Villarato!
can still the flukest GOAT season of all time (remember Snejder after 2010), looking forward to see if he'll confirm this level in the next years. This is already the best individual season of the last 10 years for a player who's not called Messi or Ronaldo.

Neymar and Suarez exist too... Ribery wasn't that far behind in terms of being an MVP in 2012/13.

Mo's tally this year is great and all, but this is now. What will be later we do not know. There will be droughts and he will need to find a way to push through them, whether he has Firmino and Mane next to him to pick up the slack, or whether it's elsewhere already.

He will definitely be the 3rd player in the conversation for Ballon D'Or (which still remains an absolute monkey of an award to anybody with a brain...), but unluckily for him, CR had a beastly spring too. If it's the season that mattered, sure, Ronaldo wasn't there in autumn bar the CL, but it's the calendar year period.

Home of Barca Fans