Miralem Pjanic

MTL_Barca

But then again according to Gabriel Sans who appears to have some sources within Rakitic's camp, just stated he will likely stay and honor his contract unless Seiten tells him to go.

Then Setien better tells him to finally gtfo

I think this move will depend on 2 factors:
1-How good Pjanic will be, especially during next year. obviously, if he is playing good it makes the deal better
2-What is planning for the rest of midfield.
If we sell/ let go of Rakitic & Vidal, this means we will have replaced 33 years old Vidal with Pjanic, and 32 years old Rakitic with Pedri/Alena/Matheus and 24 years old Artur with 21 years old Puig. That looks good and moves to right direction.
But then again, just too many if

And still having Busquets starting before Frankie de Jong... :busquets::surrender:

JohnN

If Setien stays (a big if, depends on beating at least Napoli and not getting annihilated by Bayern, both of which are very unlikely), I see Busquets staying and being a starter. Raki and Vidal sould be on the way out though, whoever the next coach is.

If we manage to get rid of Raki, Vidal and demote to rotational players Busi and Suarez we would be moving in the right direction.

We won't be winning anything for a couple of years but the team can stay competitive, having Messi in the lineup, while rebuilding with new and hangry players.

Pjanic can be a good deal, of all that happens.

Givenchy

If Setien stays (a big if, depends on beating at least Napoli and not getting annihilated by Bayern, both of which are very unlikely), I see Busquets staying and being a starter. Raki and Vidal sould be on the way out though, whoever the next coach is.

If we manage to get rid of Raki, Vidal and demote to rotational players Busi and Suarez we would be moving in the right direction.

We won't be winning anything for a couple of years but the team can stay competitive, having Messi in the lineup, while rebuilding with new and hangry players.

Pjanic can be a good deal, of all that happens.

I don't think we can simply demote Suarez at this point.. the guy needs to go. look at his reaction to starting on the bench last match. he used to be toxic to the opponent, these days hes toxic to his fellow players and manager, get rid. if Messi was okay with Cesc leaving he should be fine if Suarez leaves also

if Pjanic comes here and plays with passion it'll be a good short term deal but theres always the risk we get another Arda

fergus90

I don't think we can simply demote Suarez at this point.. the guy needs to go. look at his reaction to starting on the bench last match. he used to be toxic to the opponent, these days hes toxic to his fellow players and manager, get rid. if Messi was okay with Cesc leaving he should be fine if Suarez leaves also

if Pjanic comes here and plays with passion it'll be a good short term deal but theres always the risk we get another Arda

Arda was far more hot-headed and volatile then Pjanic has ever been, seems like their commitment to their profession is polar opposites. I'm quite optimistic about Pjanic alongside De Jong.

Devils

Gonna be a massive upgrade over Arthur.

Don't know what Juve were thinking exchanging a genuine world class player like Pjanic for a total bum like Arthur lmao.

mc_lovin

I am worried about his evolution as a player from Roma to Juventus. Juventus fans suggest he was being misused by Sarri in a too defensive (or too far back) position, but I am afraid hes just another Rakitic. Slower, less agile than in his Roma days and therefore used further back. Like Rakitic at Sevilla vs Rakitic at Barcelona.

I just hope that we are cynical enough if he cant adapt to a more advanced midfield role anymore. We dont need three deep-lying midfielders.

Morten

Gonna be a massive upgrade over Arthur.

Don't know what Juve were thinking exchanging a genuine world class player like Pjanic for a total bum like Arthur lmao.

I dont watch Juve that often, but if Pjanic is that great, why cant Juventus midfield as a whole dominate games that often?
Also, Arthur is much younger.

mc_lovin

I dont watch Juve that often, but if Pjanic is that great, why cant Juventus midfield as a whole dominate games that often?
Also, Arthur is much younger.

Same problem our midfield has (to a degree): the attack is heavily unbalanced with Dybala and Ronaldo. You cant dominate with that.

Morten

Same problem our midfield has (to a degree): the attack is heavily unbalanced with Dybala and Ronaldo. You cant dominate with that.

I understand Dybala+Ronaldo doesnt make it very easy winning the ball back, but a complaint often brought up is that the midfield doesnt create enough, and they are reliant on Dybala and Ronaldo partnership to create good chances.
Its not the attackers fault that the midfield suck at creating chances.

mc_lovin

I understand Dybala+Ronaldo doesnt make it very easy winning the ball back, but a complaint often brought up is that the midfield doesnt create enough, and they are reliant on Dybala and Ronaldo partnership to create good chances.
Its not the attackers fault that the midfield suck at creating chances.

Same discussion we had a hundred times here :S Dybala and Ronaldo are static and individualistic. They dont stretch the play, are narrow as fuck and dont offer relief or a certain fear factor (speed). Its a chicken or egg discussion though.

Birdy

Pjanic is certainly a better long passer and has better static kicks than Arthur.
I also think he runs more.
In all other respects Arthur is better. His ball retention skills are 5 levels above Pjanic's
And that will be a problem for Barca. We don't know if Pjanic can react quickly when under pressure.
In Juve and in the slow Serie A league no one is testing him like that.

IMO we should never play Busi, De Jong, and pjanic together in the same line-up, we would be worst than what we see now.
Only two of them in games vs good opposition and one one in games vs lightweight sides.
De jong is the youngest and more agile, so should be no1, and then between Busi and Pjanic for no2

Home of Barca Fans