Miralem Pjanic

Tackle

Interesting that he's still starting almost every match for Juve (under the great Sarri no less), while Arthur has been permanently relegated to the bench here after the deal was confirmed.

Odd.

xXKonan

Doing all this good work only to come here and let everyone down with people arguing if hes really any better than Rakitic.

Tackle

Doing all this good work only to come here and let everyone down with people arguing if hes really any better than Rakitic.

He is a lot better than Rakitic though.....

I know you're not too keen on him and it may have a bit to do with the fact you're bitter he is coming in to replace Arthur, but he has shown to be a quality player. Not remotely comparable to current Rakitic even if he regresses upon arrival.

First assist was clever and the second one to Higuain was an exquisite pass that Arthur could only dream of.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He is a lot better than Rakitic though.....

I know you're not to keen on him and it may have a bit to due with the fact he is coming to replace Arthur, but he has shown to be a quality player. Not remotely comparable to current Rakitic even if he regresses upon arrival.

First assist was clever and the second one to Higuain was an exquisite pass that Arthur could only dream of.
I'm not keen on him because hes another aging slow player whose best position is in Busi spot now.

I'd rather have went for someone younger even if Arthur got sold.

khaled_a_d

I'd rather have went for someone younger even if Arthur got sold.

I think this move will depend on 2 factors:
1-How good Pjanic will be, especially during next year. obviously, if he is playing good it makes the deal better
2-What is planning for the rest of midfield.
If we sell/ let go of Rakitic & Vidal, this means we will have replaced 33 years old Vidal with Pjanic, and 32 years old Rakitic with Pedri/Alena/Matheus and 24 years old Artur with 21 years old Puig. That looks good and moves to right direction.
But then again, just too many if

xXKonan

I think this move will depend on 2 factors:
1-How good Pjanic will be, especially during next year. obviously, if he is playing good it makes the deal better
2-What is planning for the rest of midfield.
If we sell/ let go of Rakitic & Vidal, this means we will have replaced 33 years old Vidal with Pjanic, and 32 years old Rakitic with Pedri/Alena/Matheus and 24 years old Artur with 21 years old Puig. That looks good and moves to right direction.
But then again, just too many if
If we can get rid of Vidal and Rakitic, it wouldn't be too bad really.

But then again according to Gabriel Sans who appears to have some sources within Rakitic's camp, just stated he will likely stay and honor his contract unless Seiten tells him to go.

Home of Barca Fans