Miralem Pjanic

Icarium

Lifestealer
But why are we trying to add another slow midfielder to the team. A midfield of Busi, Rakitic and Pjanic is so boring imo. Thiago would be much better fit. Not denying Pjanic talent but don't think he fits Valverde team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Meh. Even got outplayed by the Bayern kids yesterday, couldn't control the midfield and string a few passes together without losing the ball. I know it was just a meaningless friendly but still was not impressed. None of our midfield targets are world class, honestly.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pogba and Thiago are. But both of them look unlikely now. Pogba is out of question for sure. Thiago will cost around 80M if we want to splash. I would say it is worth it as he improves our squad. Sell Gomes and Rafina while they are at it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Pogba and Thiago are. But both of them look unlikely now. Pogba is out of question for sure. Thiago will cost around 80M if we want to splash. I would say it is worth it as he improves our squad. Sell Gomes and Rafina while they are at it.

Thiago is not for sale (danke Bayern). If we are willing to pay 80m for Thiago we might as well pay 20m more for the rumored price of Pogba.

Neither will come, I am sure.

Icarium

Lifestealer
No way Pogba comes for 100M. I would gladly pay 100M if that was true. He won't go anywhere below 150m. He is not just a good player he is marketable and united are a big team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No way Pogba comes for 100M. I would gladly pay 100M if that was true. He won't go anywhere below 150m. He is not just a good player he is marketable and united are a big team.

Probably. But 80m for Thiago is way too much. 30m is OK.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Probably. But 80m for Thiago is way too much. 30m is OK.

30M in this market? No way. He is easily worth 50m plus. But considering Bayern tough demands we can even go higher and can get him because we need him if we want to win CL and there are no alternatives.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
30M in this market? No way. He is easily worth 50m plus. But considering Bayern tough demands we can even go higher and can get him because we need him if we want to win CL and there are no alternatives.

That would be a travesty if it happens. I hope Bayern keeps shutting the down on this.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Travesty is when we don't sign only possible world class midfielder available who can strengthen our squad. But I am suspecting Bayern won't sell him even for 80m. Then we have to move on.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Travesty is when we don't sign only possible world class midfielder available who can strengthen our squad. But I am suspecting Bayern won't sell him even for 80m. Then we have to move on.

I just don't think he is that good or worth that kind of money.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He improves our Squad and gives us an edge. And he is better than Pjanic. We need a midfielder, we lost two players who started a lot last season. And added a young inexperienced midfielder. Not enough, already we were weak in midfield now we are even more so. How are we supposed to compete for CL with this. If it is going to cost then so be it, it is better gamble than spending 140m on Dembele which lot of people were okay with.

Andrew M

Thiago being world class is very generous. IMO he's good but not great

Home of Barca Fans